Black People : Do we Vote With BLIND FAITH????

Natinr

BANNED
Jan 15, 2008
I have asked, what are Obamas qualifications for our suport?
regardless of wo he is running against,
Lets just say he was runnig aganst someone Black.

My threads have asked;

1 .What is his platform
2. What is his record of improveng condition for Blacks in Ilinois
3. What has he offered the Black community?

The responses seem to be, the kind of response one gets, when you talk to someone religious and you question the validity of their doctrine.
and the questions have yet to be answered in a forthright manner, 8 months before the election.
To support anyone without concrete, down to earth reasons is Fascism

Are we mistaking religion for politics???
Remember the Neocons use this to their avantage! In the rhetoric of both Bush's who demand UNQUESTIONING loyalty!

And are the Oigarchy playing on our emotions and "emotionalism", since they do not view us as intellectual?

:qqb013:

Therious said:
who cares just put some color in the whitey house.

Hee,hee,hee...

I guess at this point as long as Hillary isn't in office, and as long as a president whos interest not to put blacks in slavery, because I heard something like that being spread around. I don't remember the whole thing but the possibility of being enslaved again was brought up because it was in some interest group's agenda as a possibly again.

So keeping that in mind.
Why not Obama?
I mean honestly, what's the worst that could happen that hasn't already happened I'm pretty sure if Obama is aware of things that really screw us up as a people and if he is for us and the nation like he says he is then I do have faith that he will at least try his best to carry that out. I'm not expecting Obama to be the Savior or the cure all however. He is still Human. He is still a man and with that he is bound to make mistakes.

I guess what we have to look at is who's mistakes will most greatly effect us in the end? Am I willing to suffer cuz of Hillary's mistakes or Mc Cain's or Obama's?

There has to be a lesser of two evils somewhere in here cuz that's what we are voting for, the lesser of two evils in politics.

Heart to Heart

Desert Storm

So do we vote from a base of

Desert Storm said:
Hee,hee,hee...

I guess at this point as long as Hillary isn't in office, and as long as a president whos interest not to put blacks in slavery, because I heard something like that being spread around. I don't remember the whole thing but the possibility of being enslaved again was brought up because it was in some interest group's agenda as a possibly again.

So keeping that in mind.
Why not Obama?
I mean honestly, what's the worst that could happen that hasn't already happened I'm pretty sure if Obama is aware of things that really screw us up as a people and if he is for us and the nation like he says he is then I do have faith that he will at least try his best to carry that out. I'm not expecting Obama to be the Savior or the cure all however. He is still Human. He is still a man and with that he is bound to make mistakes.

I guess what we have to look at is who's mistakes will most greatly effect us in the end? Am I willing to suffer cuz of Hillary's mistakes or Mc Cain's or Obama's?

There has to be a lesser of two evils somewhere in here cuz that's what we are voting for, the lesser of two evils in politics.

Heart to Heart

Desert Storm
fear of other candidates or a base of knowledge about one, and I am trying to make this hypothetical, to apply for future elections as well.

All I can say about Obama is is that he is the same race I am,
but so is Clarence Thomas,

Like I said before what is his platform,
and rep in Illinois,????

and why are these such dificult questions about an elected official.

I guess we would vote for Cash Michaels if we really feared Hilary and McCain enough

I guess what I see and where I'm coming from at this point is that yes we do look at the track records of canidates. However, I feel that just because the Hillary and Mcain have track records doesn't mean that they are the best canidates. I don't feel like they are more capable of running the nation. I don't think that they are any better than Obama.

If Obama ain't had enough experience, he sure will when he gets into office. He can't do any worse for this country in my opinion than has already been done. I mean what hasn't been done? I guess that's just where I stand. As to where is his platform and rep in Illinois? I couldn't answer that because I don't have enough information at hand.

I guess what I can see is that white people and black people don't know what to think about Obama and they don't know what to expect.

One thing I can say is that my generation coming up has not had the opportunity to see lots of powerful black romodels as did the 50,60, & 70's. We didn't not have the opportunity to meet Dr. Martin Luther King, or meet Malcom X or hear any of their speaches or be a part of any times of protests of the civil rights movement or see Shirley Chisolm run for president so for young black people to see a person of color like Barack Obama to be doing half way good in running for president and the it looks hopeful, that's positive and Barack Obama knows that and that's what he is giving to the black community. A feeling that you can follow your dreams even running for president of the United States and possibly winning and you can be young too. That you can pursue your dreams no matter what they are and possibly accomplish them too. Even if he doesn't win, he has made a powerful statement. He has made his point and the "damage has been done" so to speak in a positive light of course.

However, thanks for tha response and positive feedback, sorry my answer didn't suffice.

Heart to Heart

Desert Storm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back