Black People : Do We Run From The Truth Or Face It To Fix It

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chinelo, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    If I tell you that your loose sexual behavior is the cause of the Rise Of STD's and Broken Family Homes and Structure within the community and Race period.......

Will you run from that truth by throwing up defense mechanisms and throwing "sugar" on top of the issue as if it will magically go away. Or will you face the truth, the statistics,the experience and come up with a plan within either your own home,family,block,community...ect ect to build with like minded righteous black men and women to teach our young daughters that having more than one man, rather its sleeping with them or embracing the action is wrong and can lead to catastrophic consequences.

Will you teach our young boys that the art of "pimping" and having several girls/women at a time actually turns them into whores and creates dysfunctional females,children born to these females and spreads disease around. How many times has this been told, but yet we are in a another generation which seems to worse than the previous.....

Common sense tells us that each generation is supposed to get better after the next, not go backwards......When you have black men and black women thinking that "booty calls"..."shacking up" without a mutual commitment is normal, then we have a problem.....This problem shines itself brightly via the fact that we now have 48% of our women living with herpes and the HIV virus and other STD's rising each year amongst Black men and Black Women....

We have no commitment to making a commitment with the one we "court"...."date" or whatever you call it....we have loose sexual behavior while in these "courtships" which ruins the chance for REAL love,affection,CARE and Commitment....because if the Brother see's the sister will give it up, then thats how he will treat her, and therefore no commitment is needed in his mind, and this is vice versa...and it goes downhill from there....this is why we have our females single by the age of 40 and 50, because they have been "shacking up" and booty calls for the periods before.....

So what are we going to do....Run from the TRUTH about the lifestyles of our current generation which is spreading disease and broken families or face it and FIX it.........

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    so it is safe to assume that YOU never have sex, right?

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    Brother Chinelo ... it's good to see you moving toward a semblance of balance, at least including the male gender in your dialogue, though you still put way too much focus on the Sister and what you view as shortcomings in her life and choices. I think there is some merit in what you say, but you lose any hope of impacting folk on a substantive level when there is so much bias present.

No matter though ... i'd respond to your post above by saying ... i have no loose sexual behavior that is the cause in the rise of STDs of any kind. While there may be some women and men that carry on this way, i'm not one of them, and your presentation suggests that i am. Even though i am currently single, spending the majority of my life as a single Mother, it doesn't make me some low down dirty whatever kind of woman you have in your mind. Likewise, it does not make the Father of my children any low down kinda dirty thing either.

We have to meet each other where we are, embrace them where they are, and not be so judgmental, as if bad choices or decisions or missteps have never been made by you. You present yourself as someone who has never done anything that this current society would consider as wrong, or out of order ... almost holier than thou ... and it hurts your presentation considerably. You make it difficult for those you're trying to reach, to even hear you.

Yes, accepting the truth is important, but so too is the presentation of that truth.

What good is it if you offend everyone before they even get to hear it.

Though as i said above, it appears you are beginning to shift a bit, to balance ... and that is good.

Keep up the good work ... so whatever truth you're presenting ... can actually be heard.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    Most people run, hide, a/o fight the truth

5. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

You do realize how overly simplistic this is right?

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    is it safe to assume that YOU never had sex with any of them 'indecent' womens, right?

7. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

And you never answered the question about the rest

I have seldom went slumming

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    in other words you never got any. explains why you so angry.

9. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

I didnt say that. I said, I avoided low lifes like the plague. Quality always trumps quantity. But I can see how your views on females were formed. I bet you were quite familiar with penicillin too

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Trying to help FIX it starting with my own activity or lack thereof. For example, I have gone through long periods of celibacy, even when I was dating; just wasn't mating...lol..

That is why for the most part I end up in the friends zone rather than the end zone. I never get involved sexually with a woman unless I have known her for at least seven months. Any woman who can put up with me that long knows there ain't no rush on my end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.