Black People : Do we really need them!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by teleroda2000, Jun 1, 2005.

1. teleroda2000

teleroda2000 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    You know nowa days for some reason wether it's a black channel or radio station black people are obssed with thinking we hath to include latinos in everything and it pisses me off. What I don't get is that our ancestors did so much on thier on trying to make life better for us as black people to be united however our black leaders of today are always fighting for hispanics although most hispanics don't want to bealigned with black anyways. Hispanics have more radio and tv stations than black but if you watch one of thier channels a whole month you never see any blacks in thier media outlets. Oh and I must mention they have thier own blacks in thier own countries and they are very racist towards them. Now I am not racist against hispanics but why do black try to beg for thier friendship when I don't see the need for it can't we solve our own problems.

2. ebonygoddess

ebonygoddess Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Preach IT!!

I must agree. I notice that hispanics have the advantage of choice. They can choose to be down with the black community or the white community when convenient. And i love people as a whole but i don't really appreciate how they are being completely babied. Especially here in Miami. To get a decent job here we are required to learn spanish. Its as though black people and white people are trying to grab on to hispanics to make them there own. It may not be like that everywhere but it sure is like that here in Miami.

3. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398

good point. i agree, some latinos might as well be white. we should think about our selves 1st. i hate when i hear blks say things like our latino brothers and sisters.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    no we don't need them.
    we need to take care of our own.

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I don't think the average black person is running around kissing Hispanic people's *****. If a person of another race treats them with respect, then most of the blacks I know including myself return the favor. But in general, I don't think there's too much of a drive on an individual level for either side to unite with one another.

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I feel everyone on this issue. Especially in Cali where we just got a new Latino mayor. Black people are now looking to this guy to improve the lives of black folk simply because he's not white. Good luck. Hispanics will be lucky if he even attempts to make things better for them. We can take care of ourselves. We have the money and the numbers, but not the drive to do it. We're always trying to partner up with other people instead of partnering up with ourselves. We have common interest, but to look to Latinos for support and backing is foolish if we can't even be "one" as black people. I have nothing against latinos though, because for the most part I get along with the latinos that I meet.

7. teleroda2000

teleroda2000 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I know that me and you karmashines are not. But I am talking about mainly our leaders or radio personality. Like for instance but miss jones in the morning and star and bucwild shows in new york which are both on black stations have segments spoken in spanish. And then there are even hispanic djs on our stations like anfie martinez who I like but when will kesha jackson be on thier stations or when will thier leaders start coming to our churches and not just us going to thiers. And like I said I don't hate them but we need to let black networks and radi stations now that we need those jobs too that they are giving away.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i go by one standard, are they adding something to the black community or are they taking away?
    are they simply here to compete for resources?

i have nothing against Hispanics but i do have something against competition and parasites.
    let them bring something to us.

9. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Good points.

10. ontheway

ontheway Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    latinos will take advantage of the black civil rights struggle whenever they can. heck, white womwn do the same-remember affirmative action?? who benefitted the most from that?-white women and latinos and orientals. everybody but the rightful people. then after they get theirs they dump black people like we never even existed. i say lets stick together and not expect help from others, that way we wont be disappointed when it doesn't come.