Black People : Do We Really Honor X, King, Parks Today??

This is an argument that I continuously have with my mother.

She says that this current generation does nothing to further the struggle. I ask, Why do you say that? Everything that you fought for has been realized. I have the education that you marched and boycotted to obtain. We can go to the same places they go. The problem is y'all set the bar too low and didn't ask for what y'all really wanted. You wanted to be able to do as the white man. And you can. But now you realize that you should have asked for more and different.

It's backwards for us to aspire to be like the white man. And it's stupid to look for validation from them. Who are they to validate us? Civil rights did not free our minds. Some of us are now far more dependant on the white man than we were a generation ago. And why? Because now we are 'free' to act and do like them. We have forgotten who we are.

Peace

IN MY HOME , I HAVE 32 PICTURES OF BLACK PEOPLE ON MY WALLS....

ROSA PARKS , MARTIN LUTHER KING , MALCOLM X , HUEY P. NEWTON & BOBBY SEALE ARE INDEED AMONG THEM....

I BUY T-SHIRTS WITH THEIR PICTURES ON THEM ALL YEAR LONG AND I WEAR THEM EACH SATURDAY REGARDLESS OF MY ACTIVITIES....(unless im attending a funeral)....

WHENEVER I SEE A YOUNG BROTHER WALKING WITH HIS HEAD DOWN I STOP RIGHT THERE AND REMIND HIM OF HOW MARTIN LUTHER KING AND OTHER BLACK MEN WENT TO JAIL WITH THEIR HEADS UP....FACED WITH MUCH WORSE THAN WHATEVER REASON HIS HEAD IS DOWN....

I TELL HIM NO MATTER WHAT IT IS HE VALUES.....ALWAYS WALK WITH HIS HEAD UP......SO HE CAN AT LEAST PARTIALLY SEE WHERE HE WANTS TO OR SHOULD GO.....

I HAVE BEEN CRITICIZED FOR THIS , BY MY WOMAN AND CLOSE FRIENDS & RELATIVES , AND SOMETIMES BY THE YOUNG BROTHER . BUT I KNOW THAT BEFORE THE SUN GOES DOWN THAT DAY , HE WILL GIVE SOME KIND OF THOUGHT AS TO WHAT JUST HAPPENED....AND TO ME , ITS WORTH IT .

I KNOW ITS NOT ENOUGH , BUT I KNOW ITS BETTER THAN PASSING JUDGEMENT , AS I DRIVE BY.....

WARRIOR

Amen to that!

:terrific:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back