Black Spirituality Religion : Do We Reach out from Beyond?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Nothing remains undone.

It was a Friday afternoon. Five hours earlier Shaundra's husband Terrance had left out for work in the pouring down rain. She remembered thinking it would be a nice day for both of them to have the day off and spend a romantic evening making love and watching television. But as always on her day off, he was gone- chasing his dream to be the top journalist in city.

Tonight's top story? Another white girl mysteriously disappears.

So after a strong half glass of wine, she laid out comfortably under their fluffy white blanket. In the middle of her dream she felt her husband come home, he crept into the bedroom slowly and touched her on her lower back. "Back so soon? What happened?" She said.

"I'm not staying, I just wanted to come back and tell you the combination to my safe is written in my favorite book on page forty-eight. I love you very much Shaundra." She was so tipsy she wanted to sit up and give him a kiss, but she drifted off to sleep as she felt his presence leave the room.

"Page forty-eight." She said to herself, moments later she woke to sound of the telephone ringing. She answers. The sound of her husband's Mother on the other end. "Terrance was killed in a car accident!!"

Shaundra murmurs back in disbelief "but he was just here..he was just here, he touched me..." His Mother breaks down in tears, his Sister Joyce grabs the phones and explains the story.

He died around three hours ago, his car slide off a ramp and was smashed by an oncoming eighteen wheeler. His death was instant.

Shaundra's cries and screams could be heard from blocks away. For hours she laid in the room, weak, holding on to her stomach- trying to wake up from her terrible nightmare.

Then she remembered the words- "page forty-eight." She runs into the living room and finds Terrance's favorite book which happened to be an old translation of "Tao Teh Ching" his favorite book because it calmed his nerves after a stressful day. She turned to page forty-eight but nothing was there. Then she recalled the book has eighty-one verses, so she turned to verse forth-eight.

In the pursuit of learning, every day something is added.
    In the pursuit of the Tao, every day something is dropped.

Less and less is done until you come to action without striving.
    When you follow this practice, nothing remains undone.

All under heaven is won by letting things take their course.
    Nothing can be gained by interfering.

On that page the numbers to a combination safe was written. When she opened up the safe in the closet wall, she found his will, a life insurance policy for ten million dollars that she knew nothing about, mutual funds, and keys to a safety deposit box.

[​IMG]

As surprising as this all was all Shaundra could think about was the hand of her Husband touching her as she laid in bed.

And under the stress of the day, she collapsed.

Her eyes opened in a dream-filled place. A dark shadow stood in front of her, she saw her Husband's hand reaching out for her- calling her- as he often did "Baby Girl, come here" she wanted to go, but she knew if she took his hand..her time on earth also would be over.

Some parts of this story has been assumed. Shaundra was found dead almost four days later on a Tuesday evening in the closet still holding the will of her dead Husband. Nothing was found in her system that indicated suicide besides the alcohol she had on that Friday of his death. Was it shock? Or did Terrance pull his Wife into the hereafter?

We will say that the dead do not return, yet a well documented history in paranormal research will say that in fact they do. This phenomenon is not new. Sometimes it may happen with those who have very dependent relationships. A Husband might return for Wife, or Wife for her Husband. A GrandMother for their Grandchild, a close friend for a close buddy. One person dies an untimely death while the other person dies mysterious- what is the cause?

Do we reach out from beyond?

2. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    I don't know if I brought this up on this website, but I had a vision which started with a very painful headache (note: MetaSaience I believe I spoke to u on this subject).

I was talking to some friend and I suddenly got this terrible headache that was so painful, I instantly passed out. A woman who was floating with a grayish blue see through (literally you can see through her by note of what was on the other side of her). She spoke my name very softly and told me that a part of me would die 3 years from now to the day!

I woke up out of this vision and the person who was talking to me was still talking as though they didn't see what happened. As a matter of fact the conversation picked up exactly where it was when I passed out as the word which the person was in the process of saying was exactly at the same point from which I passed out. I asked the person how long what I asleep and they said I was trippen.

Nevertheless, naturally I thought this vision was saying that I would be dead in three years to the day. This happened in 1995 so to prove to people that I would be gone as I told people, including my mother I put it out there. 3 years later and two months before the time I was supposed to check out so I thought, I found out that my mother was fighting cancer for 7 years that she hid from me. I know, if you wonder how could I not know ... my mother was very skilled at hiding what was going on and plus I was a few states from her so I didn't see her everyday and when I spoke to her on the phone she played it real coo.

I just so happen to move back 2 months before her death and I found out about the cancer she was fighting. 2 months later I waited until 12:00am hit and I had a major panic attack talking to my cousin saying "I'm gone, I'm gone" and he basically told me to sit my loony @!# down and breath. So I did! I woke up the next morning and remember that I was promised an extra week by the same floating woman that same night I had the vision because I begged for it and she gave me the request.

1 week later the night before the exact day I caught pneumonia and felt deathly ill which came out of nowhere, but I knew my mother was in a very bad position with hospice at her house so I couldn't say with her. I was up late that night speaking with my cousin and passed out after speaking with him. He had awaken me at 5:am exactly and told me she had passed away.

I just recently found out that it was her that possible came to me and told me what was going to happen. She was a very big part of me being a moms boy. Now you would think that I would have came to this conclusion much earlier but it wasn't something that I was willing to accept until recently and that was speaking to my brotha on this website about the vision.

Back to this point of this thread, "do we reach out from beyond"? Yes!

Better yet, do we reach out even when we are in our waking moments, unaware that our subconscious is speaking to others; pre-warning them that they will be missing us soon and to be strong? Have we warned someone in a subconscious state of being? This brings into question the theory of time which seems to be based on illusions if she was already in a state of what many believe to be death. Was this her higher self reaching out to me through her subconscious?

Very good question and even by my experience I can verify that we do, but on a level for those who believe so much in the scriptures - these are the things that are not spoken of because people are taught that upon immediate death, you go to heaven or to hell which hell is a waiting point before you go to the lake of fire. In the OT you basically sleep unless you are part of the valley of dry bones.

very good topic!

Peace and Blessings

3. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Ru2religious, your story is very profound. If we had one of those paranormal metaphysical interview shows, I can see you in front of a blue screen telling that story. Actually something I've been considering lately since so many of our "spiritual" knowledge goes unaccounted for among the overall body of Black America.

I know of so many instances in my own family where members on the other side have "reached out to touch someone" so to speak, and it's not always pretty. Only because some people are easily spooked when a dead family member shows up in a dream or two.

I was watching the movie "Ghost Son" the other night. Quick warning, this one might open up portals in your home because everytime the African Elder spoke I started seeing shadow movement in my living room.
    http://www.horrorexpress.com/moviereview/ghost-son

But overall it's an interesting film about a dead Husband that possess his newborn son in order to get to his Woman that's still living.

When my Grandmother died I had a dream that I saw her and took her hand, I saw sharp blue electricity moving from her body and into mine, I felt like a transfer of energy was taking place, then I also felt like I was being pulled. We were in the hospital room where she passed and while the transfer was taking place I looked over and saw some tarantulas walking along the wall. For that I had the feeling I was being pulled. I jumped back away from her. Spiders of that nature usually represent deep inner power, I admit I did feel very powerful when she was giving me her energy, but it was possible because we had such a close relationship in life she was coming to take me with her.

For weeks after I would have dreams about her, dreams that I was with her in the holographic world that she had created for herself. It was a place where she was allowed to cook anything she wanted and she was feeding the world with it, which was her dream, she always wanted to cook for large groups of people and make them happy, food was her medium from transferring her power. I could never forget how it was to be in her world, in truth- you never really know a person until you can see their own personal heaven. It is my belief that we can create our own worlds or we can we enter the worlds of others. The movie called "The Cell" comes to mind. And even another one titled "5 people you meet in heaven." The script is cheesy, but the knowledge behind it is very esoteric.

Those who say people never come back to tell us what the other side is like are obviously not paying very close attention.
    Children as soon as they can talk start telling us. When I asked my close friend's 3 year old, just as a joke "why did you come here." She ran, smiled giggled- turned around and said as plain as day "they said I had to work" Someone could do a really serious "Kids say the darnedest things" on metaphysics, we'd be surprised. And then we'd also have to pay the consequences for the knowledge they will provide us.

Paranormal research is a very serious field. Anyone who has studied EVP or White noise, already knows this.

Don't lose any sleep over this one, I just wanted to get to the part with the EVP recording.

Yes there could be spirits talking to us right now,
    but are we listening?

4. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bro. Ru2Religious and Bro. Metasaience,

First I appreciate what both of you have contributed here. Yes, I do believe that 'they' do reach from beyond. What's ironic is that all morning I have been thinking about a dream where one of my deceased relatives was in JUST LAST NIGHT! This irony seems to be happening more and more frequently in regards to the Destee threads and my consciousness.
    Anyway, in my dream, I was in what I would hope will be a future residence of mine, a beautiful, gigantic loft in NYC. I witnessed a September 11 like disaster and was telling my husband how "we really need to live here for a few more years." Fast-forward, Christmas was being held at my 'home' and members of my family was sitting and enjoying the festivities when I look over and had to do a double-take. It was my Aunt who passed away years ago. Now, she was definitely a fav aunt of mine and gave me a prophetic word and 'annointing' shortly before she passed. Anyway, after acknowledging her I thought to myself is this a dream? Then all of my family turned to me in unison and said "YES". Then my Aunt summoned me and I couldn't say a word. She held me and all I could do was lay on her and cry. It was like I was talking to her or she was talking to me. It was soo powerful.
    I have had dreams also of another family member whom I was extremely close to after they died. It was apparent to us both that he was not living or at least with me anymore.

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    The knowledge of "life after death" kills the mystery of life for some people. They will never believe in it, because they are not supposed too. Their lifestyle is not configured to hold that information. Now is now, and that's all that matters.

But what's interesting is that some of these people will celebrate Halloween, or even Easter, celebrations of the dead coming back to dwell among the living.
    It's not just about "things that go bump in the night."

It's about a legacy of ignorance against those who were once with us.

Someone is always reaching out from beyond trying to give us information we've been asking for. Or sometimes they show up to greet us as they once did. Not caspers, ghosts or spooks. But those we have shared energy with, laugther, dreams and lifetimes.

No one drinks water and calls it a spook. But water is as invisible and transparent as anything can get except light. We drink the very same water as the rulers, masters and slaves of old have.

Water never dies, so how do we? Water is constantly being recycled, moving on.

Just because a person isn't seen anymore doesn't mean they aren't around existing somewhere.

Everyday in any busy metropolis, millions of strangers pass one another for the first time never to see each other ever again. But there are no funerals for every passing stranger. That moment dies as soon as it is born. Strangers move on, and so do we.

Not all spirits manipulate static electricity so they can be seen. Not all of them want to be seen. Those that are are usually the holographic phase of the body left behind, unable to break free from it's objects of attraction or illusion. But these spirits aren't "beyond" some of them are unaware of their passing.

[​IMG]

Some spirits get suck because their burial rites have been carried out incorrectly. But there are also spirits that are attracted to our auras that follow us around as well. Not just Human spirits but Animals, birds and even insects.

Now horror movies have most people thinking that there are spirits with ill intent, "evil" spirits with red eyes lurking in the darkness etc. Actually, like Ancestors there are spirits that are upset and naturally angry because of not being heard. There are of course "negative" spirits just as there are negative people. Those who get their jollies from manipulating weak minded people.
    Getting people to do things that are otherwise outside of their character.

Most of what I am discussing here is outside of that average realm of spirits moving about. Instead we are talking about those in the spirit world that reach out to us to make contact. And sometimes we are "raptured" by our loved ones on the other side.

6. 4EVERLUV

4EVERLUV Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55
    Hello Mr. Meta:
    Yes, I do believe this to be true.

This is a very interesting post. I swear you always have my mind churning. Reading your post (this one and a few others) tells me I’m not crazy lolol

“Quick warning, this one might open up portals in your home because every time the African Elder spoke I started seeing shadow movement in my living room.”

This happens in my home. It use to scare the ish out me, but then I started thinking about what was going on in my life at the time it would happen. I do no get spooked as much now. It has happened sometimes from watching certain moves, but it mostly seems to happen before or after someone I love passes or when I have been thinking of someone that has passed away.

I lost my 2 favorite aunties pretty close together this year. One of them spent a few days with me about 3mths before she passed away. When she was here visiting, I didn’t know nor did my family know she was terminally ill and dying of cancer. She appeared to be fine. So, ru2Religious it is possible to not know, I did not see her daily but I visited Atlanta quite often so it wasn’t like I did not see her for years or something. After she passed away, I kept saying to my self she was just here Laughing and talking to me. I have a swivel rattan rocking chair in my bedroom that she gave me years ago before she moved to Atlanta. I love that chair, it so comfortable. On several occasions I wanted to get rid of it because it’s old and doesn’t really fit the decorum of my bedroom. But for some reason I have never been able to get rid of it. When my auntie was visiting me, one morning I was at my dressing table getting ready for work she came into my room and she asked me if it was okay for her to sit and talk to me while I get ready, I said sure auntie. She went to sit on the bed and jumped up and said oh no I don’t want to sit on your bed, I told her it was okay I did not mind. She instead went sat in the chair she had given me years ago. We started talking about the chair and how long I had had it and how I had thought about getting rid of it several times but I could not bring myself to do so for some reason. We laughed about it. Since she has passed there have been times that I have felt her presence in the room. I haven’t actually seen her but I have seen the chair rock and swivel and there was no one here but me. It scared me to death. At first I thought it was a draft in the room or something, but it would have to be a pretty gusty draft because the chair is very heavy it’s not like a regular rocking chair. You have to put some weight on it to make it rock or swivel. I believe its auntie just coming to hang out, like we did when she was here visiting.

I refrain from posting to your threads a lot of times because I know the things you talk about are not for everybody. A lot of times I read them and can really relate to them because I will have experienced it, but at the time it happened I did not think much of it or did not understand why…. but I have read a lot of your threads and they help explain a lot of things me. I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

ru2Religious your story was very intriguing also. Thanks for sharing.:)

7. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Sis. 4everluv, you're story reminds of a time when I lived in NY. I was living in a small efficiency apartment at the time in the Bronx.

I remembered coming home one late evening and there was a gold and brown chest across the street near the trash. It looked brand new, I figured I could use it to pack some of my books into it, so I dragged it into my apartment. For the time the chest got into my bedroom I started getting this strange feeling. Like I was being watched. The one night I felt someone get into the bed with me, I looked up from the covers and I could see a blurry figured and it bent over and kissed me, I felt a very cold and sharp tingle on my lips. I yelled out a few profanities and knotted myself up in my blankets. Sleeping with one eye open.

The next day I got a feeling it was the chest, and later I learned it belonged to an Elderly Woman that has passed away. What I found interesting about the experience is that I didn't get an impression that the woman as older, in fact when I closed my eyes I got the impression she was much younger around my age. That experience led me to the idea that on a spiritual level we are only what our minds hold on too. Perhaps this Woman never saw herself as an old Woman. Like an Elder once told me "I looked into the mirror one day and there was an old Man staring back at me. I thought it was my Father, and then I realized it was me."

I appreciate the opportunity to help people feel less crazy in this crazy world.

Meta- Psychiatrist for the Goddesses and Gods.

8. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    How an ordinary woman’s persistence led to justice for the victim of a brutal murder

At the age of 40 Susan Galbreath’s life (please note that she is Caucasian) had spiralled into a dull purposelessness, with no fixed ambitions, targets or goals. By the year 2000, she had two failed marriages behind her, one son, and had moved south from Chicago to Mayfield, Kentucky. Her third husband was an alcoholic and the marriage was in atrophy. She had not worked since an illness in 1998 and anyway had a background without any fixed skills or training. It was a dead end-life in a near dead-end town.

On the morning of August 1 she was having coffee in the local café and the waitress mentioned that a body had been found in the school playing fields nearby. It was a discovery that would change her life irrevocably.

“I believe nothing happens by chance. I’ve often ignored instinct and regretted it,” she says. “This time I let instinct lead me.” Her instinct – “I can’t tell you why” – was to go to see the body for herself.

What she saw defied reasonable description. A female black corpse, naked, horribly burnt and bloated, the face unrecognisable.

Susan Galbreath still does not comprehend what happened to her at that moment, but she experienced an epiphany. “Nothing prepares you for a sight like that. I started to cry. I should have been repelled and walked away but something led me there. It wasn’t all over when I saw the body. It was just beginning.”

She didn’t know who the dead girl was, she had never shown an interest in crime, but it was as if the spirit of the victim somehow entered her, eventually transforming her into an Erin Brockovich figure, quietly determined to expose something bad when all around her was incompetence and indifference.

Two days earlier, 18-year-old Jessica Currin had been walking home after a dullish Saturday evening at her friend’s house when she was stopped and given a lift in a car driven by Quincy Omar Cross, a 31-year-old layabout, serial hard-drug user and sexual offender. Also in the car, in a heavily drug-induced party mood, were four others – one man and three girls in their late teens.

Once she was inside the large, white, old Cadillac, Cross immediately began to sexually assault Jessica, aided by one of the girls. All four had been using cocaine, Ecstasy and alcohol. When Jessica resisted, Cross smashed a small baseball bat into the back of her head.

They went to one of the gang member’s homes in Mayfield and a furious sexual assault on Jessica followed. As he raped the young girl, Cross took his black braided belt off and held it around her neck. Jessica was mercifully unconscious for much of the attack, but for a moment she regained consciousness: “Don’t do this,” she pleaded. “I’ve got a little boy, Zion. Don’t do this to me. I want to go home.” Cross ignored her. After she died, several acts of necrophilia were performed on her by all four. When it was over, they took her body to the garage, dumped it, covered it in trash and continued partying.

The following evening, Jessica’s body was taken in the boot of the car and dumped on the playing fields of Mayfield Middle School. Petrol was poured over the corpse and it was burnt. The body was found on August 1.

Mayfield. Population 10,000, one church for every 243 residents; General Tire, once the biggest employer, has long since left town; a huge Walmart has all but killed the few local stores; a handful of public canteens selling all-you-can-eat catfish and chicken and fries for a few bucks. A town without locus supporting a decent, God-fearing community on the Kentucky/Tennessee border, a town that gave more than most of its sons to the Iraq war, racially mixed but without racial tension.

Read the rest of the story here:
    http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/article6133342.ece?token=null&offset=60&page=6

9. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    That is a powerful story Goddess Alex, and I definitely believe in that type of "instinct" - sometimes I don't try anymore to understand why certain spirits push us like they do, sometimes it's just about uncovering mysteries that need to be uncovered in order to free them.

What I find interesting myself, is prophecy. We know that spirits are always reaching out to warn us about certain futures or they might motivate us to move away from certain areas that are in for some terrible disasters. There seems to be a need also to stop traumatized souls from being created.

What I find interesting is that most earth prophecies have come from either native Americans or Africans, and since having a Black President it feels as if those prophecies have slowed down, has anyone else noticed this?

What's really happening here.

10. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    God MS,

I cannot say that I have noticed this, but then again, I am quite the novice. Do you care to throw up a theory about why is happening?

I am tempted to guess that that a Black President was maybe the final prophecy?

Alexandra