Black People : Do We Need Caucasians Help To Start A Movement?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsVeraisblessed, Mar 9, 2012.

1. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148

A young lady on my tumblr page ask me and others this question. I had so many answers for her question but didn't want to give her the wrong answer. How bout you guys,..Do we need white people to help us succeed in our movement?

You might have already answered this somewhere on this post. Just thot i post this one tho...

2. MsVeraisblessed

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Oh shoot,. i spelled Caucasians wrong...Now how do i fix that....

3. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    we don't NEED white people for anything besides getting the h3ll out of the way, and all those people of color who think like them and want to be individuals as well.

All we need are dedicated people, who won't be ready to sell out when the first hunger pain hits.

We need to stop measuring ourselves thru white people, AND STOP CARING WHAT THEY THINK OR FEEL.

F THEM.

4. MsVeraisblessed

Ratings:
    +1,148
    I'm glad you understand and overlooked my spelling. I was about to start another thread correcting my spelling..

anywoo,...

I thought the same thing you said. however,...money wise,..where do we stand without 'em interfering

5. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Interfering is what white people best just look at their "his"tory. Money wise, we have money, we don't have dedication and real soldiers. When people stop looking out for personal gain, then we can proceed to building the unity/community we ALL yearn for.

It's not the money, IT'S CHANGING THE MINDSET.

6. MsVeraisblessed

Ratings:
    +1,148

(This is the same thread as the other one, except this time i corrected the title spelling)

A young lady on my tumblr page ask me and others this question. I had so many answers for her question but didn't want to give her the wrong answer. How bout you guys,..Do we need white people to help us succeed in our movement?

You might have already answered this somewhere on this post. Just thot i post this one tho...

7. MsVeraisblessed

Ratings:
    +1,148
    (Oh, and i reposted another one just so it would look better. don't want newcomers think we got illiterates on here and we don't. )

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    No. We do not need white people to succeed. We need white people to mind their own business and stay out of our affairs. They need us more than we need them. This is one reason that OWS was short lived. Black people were involved in small numbers and were not in the forefront of the movement. White "liberals" can sustain nothing because when give the choice, for the most part, their class interests and class priviledge becomes the determining factor. My response is based on prior experience invovling coalition building with white activists. In fact, we would be a lot better off if they would stop involving themselves in our spiritual traditions. Their corruption of our ancient traditions is at main root of our problems.

9. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    What Movement? And what is The Movement moving to achieve?.

10. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    THANK YOU!
    'White Folks on the Brain'.

...and I'll be honest, OP.
    Some may dislike it, but ... if folks are getting to the point where they feel that they have to beg whites to help them because we're all too immoral, stupid or whatever to fix our own problems, in their opinion?
    This is where I and an unknown portion of this community will have to part ways. I'm just being honest.
    I can put up with some things. I've a high tolerance level. In this community, it's necessary. *laugh*
    Not this kind of talk....

I'm not 'conscious/afrocentric/nationalist/blah, blah else. But, It's embarrassing that such a question would even be posed on a black forum like this.

No, I'm not attacking you, OP.
    I know that it came from another...and controversial questions are good, sometimes. Nothing wrong with dialogue. In fact, I've seen this question posed, elsewhere. Just worded differently.
    It's just that -- this notion shouldn't be in the head of any black individual. IMO. It embarrasses me, as a black individual, that it is.

What EXACTLY...is this girl on Tumbler saying about us? Hell, about HERSELF....

Whites folks help?
    Yeah...like they 'helped' the natives? Like they 'helped' the people of the carribean islands? Pfft.
    They won't help black people do a thing...in any way that's going to benefit us, in the long-term.
    We don't want the kind of help that they've to offer. We've HAD it and it's already crippled the community thus far.

Don't think for a second that this govt didn't know what it was doing when it put this community on it's 'teat'.
    You don't raise the bar by dropping it through the freakin' floor...and anyone who has a basic understanding of Econ knows that you only HURT people when you give them s...t hand over fist.
    Yet, t was done and done, imo, not to help -- but for the sake of votes and political power. I don't see how any can deny it or look to these a-hole Democrats and see 'friends'.

*bleep* these Democrats. They're as bad as the GOP. Hell, WORSE...SMH.
    At least, with the Repubs, there's no pretense. You know what you're getting.
    The Democrats come as friends with 'welcome backets' and a smile...while sitting atop a Trojan Horse....
    No, those a-holes are trying to do the exact same thing (that was done with us) to the hispanic community.
    Or, excuse me...the 'Latino Vote'...:rolleyes: The peoples who make up the latino population have different concerns and different communities. When push comes to shove? Ricans will back Ricans. Mescans will back Mescans. I mean, do you actually think that most Cubans are losing sleep because the Mescans are having border issues?
    GTFOH....*laugh*
    ...but, according to the media, they are. They're all 'one big a..s blob of brown votes'. It does it's best to blur the lines.
    Latino vote is a media-created voting bloc. Created in the hopes that lightning will strike twice. The two popular parties want a(another) super constituency.
    ...and the Democrats? They want ANOTHER black community....

Secondly? As I tell those who whine about upwardly mobile and high-status black folks, I will tell you: You cannot fight a 'war' froma dependant position.

Thirdly? This is just another way of throwing in the towel. What stands before us are psychologocal/superficial barriers. I'll hear no more of it. If some don't believe, I don't have time for you. It's a life philosophy thing. Tends to vary with the individual. I, personally, have no patience for defeatists. I don't like being around weak people. I have no patience for ANYONE who does not believe in themselves or in their abilities....

But that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.