Black People : Do We Need A Leader?

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Looking at the political and social history of Blacks in America, any change that took place on a grand scale on behalf of Blacks always seemed to be led by people that were called "leader". More recently, King, Malcolm (Nation of Islam) and even the Panthers were able to attract worldwide attention for Blacks in America. They did things that made a difference for the Black condition. They are either no longer with us or play a prominent role and there doesn't appear to be a single person that has surfaced since to be the voice of the Black community. A few have attempted, but none have caught fire like the others mentioned.

Do you think the Black community is in need of a "leader" today and who would you suggest that might be?

Maybe you think we already have a leader(s), if so, who?

Could a Black woman be a powerful and persuasive leader for Blacks in modern America?

lol@Bill Clinton...we won't talk about who felt the impact from his "administration" moreso than others...

So you don't think that the challenges Blacks face today warrant some form of mass movement behind a single leader? That's an interesting perspective.

Well then do you think there's a single cause that Blacks can rally around independently as opposed to collectively, particularly one that will have a far reaching impact? Do you know of any racial/ethnic group that has ever succeeded at such a thing in modern history?

Personally, I can't see how Blacks can act independent of each other to make a difference for us all without having a common cause to rally around or have someone (call it a leader if you will) guiding the movement. If that was the case, then are we having such difficulty today? Sure we can all do our share as individuals but shouldn't we be working toward a common goal and how would we know what that goal was if there wasn't someone overseeing that the message was communicated to everyone.

What do you think?

indeed we can be our own independent leader we havew become
more open then ever but yes i do still feel a great leader to face
da nation of blacks are needed to confront the mask of these
times today
now i see a few who can spark fire and yes i see a woman
with a strong force to lead our people into a new venue

Bill was the latest know for us not in the shin but the whole
heart he was of our well beings leading full force til his rupted
mask cover him as always they come to de throne hope

but yes we can use a new leadership

Hey there PAN...

Isn't that the purpose of our community churches? Aren't they a form of organization, among other things, geared toward our liberation...for people who want to work to improve themselves and help their fellow members? Aren't they doing a good job?

Even organizations have to have someone at the helm leading its members. Everyone can't be speaking for the group or there's a risk that the groups's message might get diluted or lost. And I'm drawing my opinion from watching how organizations such as The Black Panther Party and the Black Muslims have operated. I think I understand your point though about not needing a single individual leading us. But regardless of whether it's one person or an organization, there has to be a cause, a structured plan and some ability to mobilize that plan. Who's going to deliver the message?

Do you think a Black liberation movement can be effective today?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back