Black People : Do we have the luxury to be negative? with all the problems in the Black community?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Malcolm X spoke out and focused his negativity against the oligarchy, and Dr King also focused his righteous indignation against global White Supremacy, but regading the community they worked tirelessly day and night to find ways to provide us with the benefits, and joys, we and our families enjoy today.
    Now that COINTELPRO had removed Afrocentricity fom every venue of Black media, from theater, movies, dance, literature, television, radio, hip hop, jazz, and pop music, a vaccuun has occured in regads to any apreciation or focus on Black nationalism.
    The common phrases Nation Time, and Do forSelf have been replaced by
    "N word please!" and "Nuckka" and the B word and the term Ho

Like the Godfather said, how have we come so far? How have we lost focus?
    Here in NYC there has been practicaly no violence in the community, no gang wars, and a general sense of peace love and harmony.
    The Million Man and Million Woman Marches had something to do with it, the Blackout that forced those who were at each others throats, to look out for each others backs, the election of a chief of staff that looks like us, but all in all a kind of evolving out of the hatred and animosty mentality that builds nothing and only destroys.

One can go from Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and yes even the Black areas of Staten Island anytime day or night without being harassed, stalked, insulted or set upon by crips or bloods, in fact crips and bloods have had a truce here for the past few years and no longer wear colors but gret members by unique (Masonic) hand signs.

But what is going on in the other areas of this Wilderness?
    What is going on in the other 49 states were brothers cannot chat in harmony to build the Black community or help members in need without animosty or grudges.?
    How have some of our sisters felt a need to focus on fueling flame wars on a daily basis ,
    rather then using their goddess energy to heal and nurture a community that is in need pof great repair.

Long before the Bible was even a word in any language there were more then likely a thousand African proverbs, tens of thousands of years old
    stateing that,

When you share the Good of your heart , you not only heal yourself but you heal the village and honor the ancestors
    but whwn you hide the Good of your heart and entertain only hostilty and disharmony on a daily basis,
    then one not only harms oneself, but one does harm to the entire community, and great displeasure, sorrow and anguish to the ancestors.

Look at the economy!

Look at the education system!

Look at what is happening to our youth

Look at what is planned for our elderly if we are not vigilent?

And look at the increase in poverty, homelssness, and joblessness!

At this time do we as a people realy have time to be negative or hold grudges?

2. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    is it humanly possible for anyone to be constantly vicious and spitefull, daily without end and not have a constructive or inspiring word about anything?
    Can such folks actuly exist in the real world?

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    take a look at the post below and you will see what I mean, not one day without wickedness, spitefullness and hatred, who can live like that?

4. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Good evening, bruh...

And the answer to your question is 'no'...

But then:

Maybe you can explain all of these negatives titles to these threads on this one forum to me as well?

Portraying somebody to have been a victim of our folk and/or those vicitmizers who are a part of the problem was and is intended and meant to send the rest of us who weren't and aren't on a guilt trip for what we allegedly aren't and won't do to end that sort of crap?!?

Yeah, right!

No bet!

Instead how little or no faith or trust in the masses own ability to act and think in their own best interests these would be 'liberators' have in us too!

I feel and think otherwise...

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    the titles were intended to be an open reality ,
    as was done for thousands of years in the African village if the chiefs or in this case moderators failed to remediate the problem

6. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    video dialogue to follow...2 morrow

"Do we have the luxury to be negative? with all the problems in the Black community?"

ummmmm...I'ma say it and say it loud....

Seems to me we may want to ask the question...

DO WE HAVE THE LUXURY OF BEING POSITIVE:?:

With so dang much "negativity" coming at us, at what point do we STOP and DEAL WITH IT.

Seems we have been focused on the positive for so long, the "negative" as creeped right up and BIT US IN THE BACK!

seems to ....

M.E.
    :hearts2:

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Oh snap!

:bingo::bingo::terrific::terrific:

honestly this post was referring to those who seek to distract from nation building through harboring endless old gripes and grudges, and thus running the Black community under the bus.

But what you say sadly enough is right more so know then ever, cause haveing a Black president is historic,
    but it should not keep our community in a pipedream of positivity,
    while being blind to the horrors in our community
    and not

try to help

as you always help and encourage others to help to keep our community from drowning!

Asante Sana

8. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Ok..I don't mean to detract from your original intent however...I made these prior to your sharing this.

I mentioned a tune by Macka B entitled "Positive". The message in that music, as in your reference point, is something that i see as Helpful/useful for us to focus on.

Here is what I had to say in response to your first question here. Really it is something I've been thinking of sharing for a while now. Your post simply prompted me to action...

My thoughts on "negativity"

Part 2

Sorry for the quality...the conversion process takes away and I dont' have the tech skills sufficient to correct it

M.E.

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    honestly this post was referring to those who seek to distract from nation building through harboring endless old gripes and grudges, and thus running the Black community under the bus.

As you see these old posts popping back up
    with repetitive multiple posts, you can tell who these folks are

10. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Be Easy

Wellll....

In many ways Brother, I see the same value in many of those "old post" as is in what our "old timers" (Malcolm et. al) have shared. I do not see that some of that necessarily "detracts" as there is likely to be some useful information that may have been missed or others did not see when originally posted.

As we ask of others, we may be willing to do ourselves. It IS Hard work, yet, WHO will do it...if not we:?:

We sift through stuff seeking to separate the sugar from the ish
    Sometimes stuff needs to go through the wash a few times..or through the sifter. Mama ALWAYS washed the greens TWICE..as standard practice.
    That which you or I or anyone else considers ish or foolishness or "negative" we can chose to keep it movin allowing that other to be where they are...for the moment. Share something somewhere else that gets across your Experiences, Strengths and Plans for dealing with whatever the topic...

Ask questions, Listen to Learn and KEEP IT MOVING
    just a suggestion :geek:

In the end...WE KNOW WE GONNA WIN anywho :kiss:
    besides..what else can one do specially on the internet where you don't know WHO is really behind the screen of those words:10500:

Now I KNOW, I may not practice this 100% of the time just as no "christian" demonstrates 'Christ like" behaviors according to their beliefs, nor does the muslim uphold the principles in the koran etc...AND...every Black Nationalist does not work in the best interest of the Afreekan community all the time..

M.E.