Black People : Do We have a sense of Urgency,regarding Our Economic Survival

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Natinr, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    We all know the situation, regarding the Stock Market,
    the mortgage scandals, slush funds,
    the intentional devalue of the dollar,
    and how it effects us,
    More demons going to the Motherland to support tribal warfare,and genocide and pillage our
    resources,
    Calls for the draft to settle the problem of Black unemployment.
    Police state implemented in the inner cities to pave the way for regentrifcation.
    Closing of schools,
    Black folks being layed of in massive numbers,
    and losing thier homes from newstyle/mortgages, designed to ripfolks off,

Do we feel a sense of URGENCY to unite and pull our resources together for our survival and the prosperity of future generations?

2. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Well.....

I guess we don't

3. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Great Question

I don't think these things are enough to make us pool our resources. Unfortunately, we have to hit rock bottom and have someone who has more that we have to direct us in a manner that poses a real and attainable way for us to benefit personally. We haven't done what was the best for the whole rather than ourselves since the civil rights movement. Maybe if we start the economic equality movement we can get enough people on board that we can really affect change in our communities. Even that will take someone who is rich and famous to get enough press for it to have any momentum.

4. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Uregency? No.

You have posed a great question. But, from my interaction with my people, I believe the only way to wake us up is an immediate return to slavery. Outright, in your face, derogatory comments and harsh, physical treatments where we don't have a perceived means of addressing this ill-treatment from White folks. Either we're ignoring our current condition, can't see it, or just flat out refuse to address it as a people. I believe we're like children afraid to face the challenge. Instead, we'd rather act as if it doesn't exist. Racism/white supremacy is subtle and very effective...so much so that pointing it out only breeds contempt from your own people. Some of us can see unity with all the people of the USA but can't see unity among our own people. Speaking harshly of our own people who do wrong but never mentioning the ills of other peoples. Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. is correct...if you do not understand racism/white supremacy and how it works everything you think you know will only confuse you. Some of us ignore the obvious confusion of our reality as if we're seeing a ghost and can't believe our eyes.

5. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Urgency felt

I'm glad you've asked this question, because my reality is that I have felt the urgency for at least the last 3 years. I've had discussions with family and friends trying to find someone who agrees that we must do something and fast but no one wants to move off the couch and away from their tv program.

Most days I battle a sense of anxiety, frustration, hopelessness and despair because I've seen **** get worse, and I don't think it's getting any better. I've got peeps running around telling me to breathe, it will be okay, pray and have faith, give your problems to Jesus and what not! Which only stirs the rage inside that can further debilitate my senses so I try to meditate, and sleep through the night, and not worry about the baby on the way, or the rising cost of living, but.....

It seems that there are those who are awake but may not have the resources, and then there are those who wouldn't wake up unless there was a major intrusion into their lives (which may very well be coming sooner than later).

So I ask, to those who also feel a sense of urgency, what is to be done?
    Is the motherland safe refuge right now - how can we make it so? It's so maddening to hear of strife in Kenya and white people buying up prime property all over while we watch.... really I don't want to see this agenda win, but again WHAT DO WE DO"?

yes, i'm emotional, and hormonal so be compassionate :SuN019:

6. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    To start please read my posts regarding Malcom's....

.....Document for our survival, other then that I would suggest getting your immediate family inn disaste preperation mode, also prchase small gram ingots of gold each pay day. I don't have all the answers but I hope we can gather a consensus from this board and find a unified solution.
    Hotep!!!

7. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Disaster Prep

Foregoing any direct nuclear fallout contamination, the first thing most of us will require is access to clean drinking water and breathable air. I took a wilderness first aid course 7 years ago, but would honestly need to revisit much of what I learned in order to be proficient at leading a group. First Aid is imperative and so is having a first aid kit stocked within the home. Learning how to bandage fractures, how to move injury victims, make a stretcher, build a fire, read topographical maps, navigate water with canoes, build shelter, hide food from predators, identify frost bite and other natural elemental threats, etc....

Some of the more high tech gear, clothing and masks are a little pricey and then of course there's the knowledge of application for basic remedial activities...
    Of course a shelter is prime - but if you don't own any land you can't build one. There too, that could have it's negatives being stuck in the earth until God knows when. I think that a family could prepare adequately by giving everyone survival knowledge and then maybe having each individual carry specific know how - how to build radios, how to measure radioactivity, how to test soil and water samples, etc... just an idea

p.s you have my curiosity piqued, why collect gold? I know it's a conductor of electricity but how would you use it?

8. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Gold is legal tender

The dollar is a promisary note dishe out not by the government but by a secret group of dudes called the Federal Reserve.
    You will know who the head is but the members are kept secret,
    Check my thread "Please buy you some gold"
    Regardless of what happens gold will have monetary value, that is one of the main reasons, The Moors, mid Africa and China had trade and cultural fidelity during what Europeans called the Dark Ages.

9. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    My question was in regards to our collective

preparedness for the economic storm that is coming.

10. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    McCain or Clinton in the white house

and what will that mean to the economy,
    AND ARE WE PREPARING OURSELVES COLLECTIVELY FOR THAT?