Black People : DO WE FEED OFF CONFLICT!

sweettee29

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 18, 2006
Wuz up Family!
I have been a member of the Destee family for a short time, since June, and I notice something about many of the threads started here on Destee.
I mostly post poetry cuz thats what I love, yet I do enjoy floating over to the open forum every now and then. When I do I see that on some threads whatever the topic may be, it just seems like somewhere down the line the thread topic gets all distorted and conflict enters the room, bickering sets in and more bickering! Whats crazy is the the thread subject can be anything from books to sex to race relations, yet somehow on some of these threads it all boils down to controversy. Granted controversy is a part of life for some, and some threads are meant to pull strings. Truly I would just like to know what you think about this situation.

My question is do we feed off negativity and does it make you feel good to argue and fuss?

just a ???? ya'll

trust I am not trying to start no drama!

Sweettee, love

sweettee29 said:
Wuz up Family!
I have been a member of the Destee family for a short time, since June, and I notice something about many of the threads started here on Destee.
I mostly post poetry cuz thats what I love, yet I do enjoy floating over to the open forum every now and then. When I do I see that on some threads whatever the topic may be, it just seems like somewhere down the line the thread topic gets all distorted and conflict enters the room, bickering sets in and more bickering! Whats crazy is the the thread subject can be anything from books to sex to race relations, yet somehow on some of these threads it all boils down to controversy. Granted controversy is a part of life for some, and some threads are meant to pull strings. Truly I would just like to know what you think about this situation.

My question is do we feed off negativity and does it make you feel good to argue and fuss?

just a ???? ya'll

trust I am not trying to start no drama!

Sweettee, love

Sister SweetTee ... haaaaay ... :wave: :love:

Your question is a good one, and i've shared my general opinion in this thread, Blacks Not Allowed to Communicate. We've been denied the ability to actually perfect the art of communication with each other. The challenge is now on each of us individually, to recognize the energy we give our words, and try with our whole hearts, to insure that it is done to receive the best possible result. Some of us are farther along than others, but we must remain hopeful, that the majority will learn to interact in the best of manners. Each of us consciously choosing not to allow words from our mouth (or keyboard), to harm another Sister or Brother.

You're a great example of this Sister, and i'm sure many are reading you and learning ... keep up the good work! :wink:

:heart:

Destee

Are we different?

Greetings Sister Sweettee... :wave:

Personally, I wouldn't say that "we" (presuming you mean all Black people) necessarily feed off of conflict, but like anyone else, we certainly are stimulated and affected by our perceived reality, which, as we know, has been filled with a lot of negative circumstances that are difficult to overcome.

I don't think that "we" love drama, per se. Naturally, I believe that we are very demonstrative people; never quiet or reserved about what we think or how we feel, especially amongst each other. I think we love life, and love being around each other to the extent that we sometimes argue, have disagreements, but we also show genuine love and support as well...all with a lot of passion and outward expression.

At least that's my take on things.

Peace and welcome to the family,
Queenie :heart:

actually

i hate to fuss and argue, i like to joke

i'm serious when i have to be

but sometimes dat asz needs to be checked

i would rather have a peaceful conversation

and when people try to take advantage you have to let them know

this is not going to be easy

but all of my brothaz and sistaz here are all so real is easy to love this site

where we can go and express ourselves

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back