Black People : DO WE FEED OFF CONFLICT!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by sweettee29, Oct 19, 2006.

1. sweettee29

sweettee29 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Wuz up Family!
    I have been a member of the Destee family for a short time, since June, and I notice something about many of the threads started here on Destee.
    I mostly post poetry cuz thats what I love, yet I do enjoy floating over to the open forum every now and then. When I do I see that on some threads whatever the topic may be, it just seems like somewhere down the line the thread topic gets all distorted and conflict enters the room, bickering sets in and more bickering! Whats crazy is the the thread subject can be anything from books to sex to race relations, yet somehow on some of these threads it all boils down to controversy. Granted controversy is a part of life for some, and some threads are meant to pull strings. Truly I would just like to know what you think about this situation.

My question is do we feed off negativity and does it make you feel good to argue and fuss?

just a ???? ya'll

trust I am not trying to start no drama!

Sweettee, love

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

Sister SweetTee ... haaaaay ... :wave: :love:

Your question is a good one, and i've shared my general opinion in this thread, Blacks Not Allowed to Communicate. We've been denied the ability to actually perfect the art of communication with each other. The challenge is now on each of us individually, to recognize the energy we give our words, and try with our whole hearts, to insure that it is done to receive the best possible result. Some of us are farther along than others, but we must remain hopeful, that the majority will learn to interact in the best of manners. Each of us consciously choosing not to allow words from our mouth (or keyboard), to harm another Sister or Brother.

You're a great example of this Sister, and i'm sure many are reading you and learning ... keep up the good work! :wink:

:heart:

Destee

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    Are we different?

Greetings Sister Sweettee... :wave:

Personally, I wouldn't say that "we" (presuming you mean all Black people) necessarily feed off of conflict, but like anyone else, we certainly are stimulated and affected by our perceived reality, which, as we know, has been filled with a lot of negative circumstances that are difficult to overcome.

I don't think that "we" love drama, per se. Naturally, I believe that we are very demonstrative people; never quiet or reserved about what we think or how we feel, especially amongst each other. I think we love life, and love being around each other to the extent that we sometimes argue, have disagreements, but we also show genuine love and support as well...all with a lot of passion and outward expression.

At least that's my take on things.

Peace and welcome to the family,
    Queenie :heart:

4. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    actually

i hate to fuss and argue, i like to joke

i'm serious when i have to be

but sometimes dat asz needs to be checked

i would rather have a peaceful conversation

and when people try to take advantage you have to let them know

this is not going to be easy

but all of my brothaz and sistaz here are all so real is easy to love this site

where we can go and express ourselves

5. sweettee29

Ratings:
    +6
    SISTAH DESTEE, THANK YOU!

I truly appreciate your kind words Destee, and I always appreciate your honesty and truth. You possess star quality
    I also agree with your suggestions and thank you for replying

sweettee, love

6. sweettee29

Ratings:
    +6
    NNQueen I appreciate your views and yes I did mean black people in general,
    very well stated sistah!

DSS
    your honesty bro' is always appreciated and respected

Sweettee, love

7. kamanu

kamanu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    "Lord, please make sure my words are sweet, for someday I may have to eat them"

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Conflict......ahhh ! often can draw some in beyond them noticing
    what's happening until a brutha on brutha , sista on sista or sista on brutha
    brawl as build , some feed into the maze but over all humble .

Many knows what it takes to instill in wholesome as a people together
    but we will argue not out of hate but love , through the inner thoughts and feelings
    it's often expressed in a manner that twist the direction and mislead the path
    but somehow we always come back on the str8 & narrow .

Unity............ is more then us just coming together
    we are not dramatized folks but can get lost and feed into conflicts
    partaken to have a voice once we learn to have that strong voice often
    comes through sweet hush from confliction.

9. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Sweettee I've thought about this some recently and I'm not ready to lay this trait upon black people in general...rather I think some people, black or otherwise, do indeed feed off conflict, and since so much conflict exists in some of our forums those are the people who are drawn to it.

I think it is symptomatic of physiological brain imbalances, as there are some folk who actually NEED conflict in order to stimulate key areas of their brain, which are otherwise deadened.

Through seeking and stoking conflict, they are in effect balancing themselves, while unbalancing those that exhibit healthy brain activity (blood flow patterns revealed by nuclear medicine tomography).

Just a theory...

10. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    one response.. 2 words.. "hellz yeah!" im glad you saw that.. and by we i mean when there is a heated debate in the threads and all of a sudden that debate or thread with just 4 posters has 6 -64 pages because everyone else got hyped and decided it was now worthy of thier 2 cents as well.