Food Discussion : Do we eat for taste or substance?

What are we eating, do we know?

• Total voters
yea, fasting doesn't bother me, It's gotten easier since I learned what's in all the stuff I like. The hard part is eating all the stuff that's good for me. I still trying to get past eating for taste, and eat just for substance. But I will.

peace

Maybe you should try giving juicing a try. I used to not eat vegetables years ago, but i bought a juicer and found out that it was much easier for me to drink them and i haven't looked back since, thus my avatar.

I love it and have put many people on to it. I have a female friend who was feeling down about being fatigued and grumpy all the time until i convinced her to get a juicer. Since she started, the fatigue has gone away and some of the grumpyness...(can't win them all) lol but she feels much better and she juices a couple times a day.

:beerchug:

I'm sorry NN

Sorry NNQueen I thought I replied to you, I had a question. but I dont see my question on here, maybe I forgot to hit Post reply I'm know to this. anyway I was asking what other options are there?

No worries E, I saw your poll question, and the 2 options for readers to choose from and I thought there may be other reasons that people eat other than for taste and sustenance, which are possible reasons but seem limiting. I'm sure everyone knows that we need some form of food to sustain life and it's true that many people, their taste buds drive them to eat. But can there also be a spiritual connection between food and our physical bodies?

http://enlightenment-now.com/diet/energetics-of-food.html

I applaud anyone who understands the importance of eating healthy and makes the effort to consume foods that are organically grown and not genetically modified. If Black people removed "white" foods from their diet, i.e., sugar, all-purpose flour, rice, potatoes, cow's milk, etc., we would be a lot more healthy. Food allergies are common among us and many of us don't even know it because we're not being diagnosed by medical professionals. They are treating symptoms and not the disease. Many of us are allergic to gluten that can result in all types of health issues, including obesity and gastric intestinal issues. But I digress...sorry!

Good topic!

peace

Maybe you should try giving juicing a try. I used to not eat vegetables years ago, but i bought a juicer and found out that it was much easier for me to drink them and i haven't looked back since, thus my avatar.

I love it and have put many people on to it. I have a female friend who was feeling down about being fatigued and grumpy all the time until i convinced her to get a juicer. Since she started, the fatigue has gone away and some of the grumpyness...(can't win them all) lol but she feels much better and she juices a couple times a day.

:beerchug:

Yes, juicing is a great way to eat vegetables. And, I noticed your avatar and guessed you were a juicer! :) My family is starting to juice as well.

why do you fast?

peace

To cleanse the mind, body and spirit. Plus, i just like to see the distrought look on people's faces when they hear that you're fasting for 30 days. It's priceless......Especially, when it's muslims who have preached Islam all year long and now it's time for Ramadan and when you ask them if they are fasting, they pause and drop their heads in shame.

Even though I love food and I love eating, I do fast. I fast 3 weeks at the end of the Asiatic New Year. I want to start fresh every year. I also fast one day a week. It's cleansing and refreshing. I give props to those of y'all that choose to do this. It promotes healing and longevity.

Also I eat very clean. Very little fast food if any. Fast food was meant to be eaten in transition. So when I travel, I eat that food, otherwise I cook for my ownself and make my own meals. With very little processed foods.

Eating clean and healthy may seem difficult than it is, but it is no more difficult than anything else you choose to do.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back