Food Discussion : Do we eat for taste or substance?

What are we eating, do we know?

• Total voters
Right now... About 50/50. That's why I can't vote! I want to eat for substance, but I love it so... And not just the taste... the way food feels in my mouth... the way it looks on the plate.... the smell.... the way my teeth feel slicing through.... and the way it feels slithering down my throat....

When I diet.... I'm really suffering.

LOL - sounds like you're a 'foodologist'.....just be breakin' the whole plate down and diggin' for more.....

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Mainly whole foods from the earth Emortalist, I feel great.

Peace In,

That is great news big brother i wish we all ate more whole foods, Iv'e been stunting my growth for to long with the blood and starch. Just recently I've been learning about the ph balance of the food.

Right now... About 50/50. That's why I can't vote! I want to eat for substance, but I love it so... And not just the taste... the way food feels in my mouth... the way it looks on the plate.... the smell.... the way my teeth feel slicing through.... and the way it feels slithering down my throat....

When I diet.... I'm really suffering.

Sis, you are cracking me up, are you a comedian? My lil sis said she feel your pain.

That is great news big brother i wish we all ate more whole foods, Iv'e been stunting my growth for to long with the blood and starch. Just recently I've been learning about the ph balance of the food.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Keep doing what you are doing, you'll get there. Watch Gluten intake also...

Gluten (from Latin gluten, "glue") is a protein composite found in foods processed from wheat and related grain species, including barley and rye. It gives elasticity to dough, helping it to rise and to keep its shape, and often gives the final product a chewy texture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten

Gluten-free diet: What's allowed, what's not

By Mayo Clinic staff
Definition

A gluten-free diet is a diet that excludes the protein gluten. Gluten is found in grains such as wheat, barley, rye and triticale (a cross between wheat and rye).
A gluten-free diet is used to treat celiac disease. Gluten causes inflammation in the small intestines of people with celiac disease. Eating a gluten-free diet helps people with celiac disease control their signs and symptoms and prevent complications.
Initially, following a gluten-free diet may be frustrating. But with time, patience and creativity, you'll find there are many foods that you already eat that are gluten-free and you will find substitutes for gluten-containing foods that you can enjoy.
Purpose

The gluten-free diet is a treatment for celiac disease.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gluten-free-diet/my01140/
Celiac Disease

Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder that damages the lining of the small intestine when gluten is consumed. Celiac disease afflicts 1 in 133 people in the... more
SymptomFind > Diseases & Conditions > Celiac Disease
http://www.symptomfind.com/search.php?q=celiac disease symptoms

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back