Black Relationships : Do we all settle eventually?

Solo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Occupation
Tech Support for an ISP
I've asked this on a few different boards, but never here. I've been told the answer is "no, you just mature, your standards change, etc" but all that really means is that people eventually have to give up on some things they want in order to be with somebody. Some people call it compromise.

It appears to me that the only way to be with someone is to either lower your standards, get rid of them altogether, or get lucky.

What do you all think?

Well, look at it like this.. say you're buying a car. You really, really, really want it in black.... they're out. Do you A. buy another color B. buy another car that they DO have in black, or C. Tell them to put you on the waiting list and you wait for that car in black for as long as it takes........? A and B can both be construed as "settling" but option C can be construed as unrealistic.......

That brings another question... is compromising the same as settling?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back