Black Poetry : Do They...?

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Ujima, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Ujima

Ujima Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Lord, tell me… Do they love You like I do? Do they know You like I do? Do they praise You like I do? Do they acknowledge You like I do? Do they think of You as much as I do? Do they really feel Your presence like I do? Do they communicate with You like I do? Do they? Do they have their souls prepared to meet You face to face? Do they realize that this world is only a temporary place? Do they understand where Your truth lies? Do they know that wallowing in sin only quickens their demise? Do they know Your return is so near? Do they know and hear Your voice that is ever so clear? Do they not know how to let go of what is standing in their way between their soul’s eternal life and their soul’s damnation? Do they understand why we as a people are still struggling as a divided nation? Do they have genuine love in their hearts for others as well as themselves because we are all a part of Your unduplicated creation? Do they want to be builders of a spiritual unified nation? Do they take the time out to fervently seek Your truths, knowledge and favor? Do they believe with all of their heart, soul and mind that You are the Lord and risen Savior? One may ask, why do I care about their personal relationship with You. My response to them is because God lives in me and through His love, I love you, too. I don’t want any lost souls to be left behind. But, I am here for you to put God, His truths, guidance, knowledge, power and strength in your heart, soul, and mind. Some may even say, “I have my preacher for that reason.” My response to that is, if that were so, why are you still blind and praise God only during your blessings’ reaping season. God’s truths are everlasting and can never be changed. Don’t get God’s word twisted with a preacher’s personal principles, perceptions and simplistic semantics that have been self-sufficed and unfortunately rearranged. Do they realize the realism in the wrongs that they do? Do they understand that You are the ultimate judge and can only enter into the kingdom through only You? Do they?

2. islander

islander Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Now you know I'm feeling you on this one. I don't think they do know!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Amen i most def feel ya on dis .....if they don't know
    they better start ......very well pose'd poet

4. PositiveMindset

PositiveMindset Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +14
    Nice, enlightening piece.

5. angelicsage

angelicsage Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    May the depth of these words resonate...
    with all who read...
    feeling your flow...