Black Sports : Do over head stadium lights contribute to athletes knee injuries?

asmith161718

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 31, 2009
In this video called How Much Does a Shadow Weight it says that when light hits us from above it actually pushes the body and other objects. According to the video when we are under the sun and our shadow casts we weight more. The amount an object is pushed is very, very small but it's still something that makes me wonder if it has any affect at all? And considering how often that athletes go up and down the field under stadium lights, I can still see it having some kind of affect over time.

hate to do it to you twice in one day but sorry this just aint so.....

now think about it logicly - which is stronger stadium lights or sunlight - obviously sunlight - soooo if this were true it would be training during the day which would be really bad for you - but to be honest although light does push on you the amount is reduculusly small - it wouldnt be noticable without proper scientific instruments - again think about it - if the effect were really noticeable you should be able to knock over things like playin cards with a laser pen - and ya cant

Maybe. Maybe not. I too agree that it's probable. I chose my words very carefully that's why I said that the chance is very, very small. But according to this article body weight plays a factor in knee injury. So if you are playing for 30 or so minutes in a game and jumping up and down does the act of jumping up and down increase your body weight more? I'm thinking that it just might but I'm not a scientist and my internet searches have came up with zero articles about it.

http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/injury-pain/jumpers-knee.html

Who’s at Risk
Jumper’s knee is most common in basketball, volleyball and soccer, which require explosive jumping movements. The condition is also seen in long jumpers and high jumpers, as well as in walkers, figure skaters and mountain climbers. The load placed on the knees is up to 7 times the body weight of a soccer player during the kicking movement and between 9 and 11 times body weight in volleyball when a player lands after a jump.

Also. Hypothetically speaking I wonder if you place a bouncing ball under sunlight will that ball weight more after each consecutive bounce. The study in the video said Chicago weight 300 pounds more under sunlight but the city of chicago is not bouncing up and down all day. So hypothetically speaking if the city of Chicago bounce up and down will the city weight more after each bounce?

its the jumpin up and down that does it for sure - because of the impact each time - its not just your weight you got to consider but the speed at which your hittin the ground each time.... and when i was saying light pushed on you a very small amount ive not done the actual equations like for a stadium light - but its not gonna be anything more than like a billionth of an ounce or somethin

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back