Black Women : Do our desires make us unhappy?

imper

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 4, 2010
I recently watched a YouTube clip by Sylvester Mobley that I found extremely interesting. Since I've seen the clip I've been asking as many people as possible about their opinion on the topic. In the clip he talks about how desires that are not natural to us, such as material desires manufactured by the media are the cause of our unhappiness. I've been asking as many people as possible because it's something that I never thought about before, but makes a lot of sense to me the way he puts it. So, what do you think? Is it our unnatural desires as black women that make us unhappy?

If you want to check out the YouTube clip you can go to YouTube and search for Sylvester Mobley.

I recently watched a YouTube clip by Sylvester Mobley that I found extremely interesting. Since I've seen the clip I've been asking as many people as possible about their opinion on the topic. In the clip he talks about how desires that are not natural to us, such as material desires manufactured by the media are the cause of our unhappiness. I've been asking as many people as possible because it's something that I never thought about before, but makes a lot of sense to me the way he puts it. So, what do you think? Is it our unnatural desires as black women that make us unhappy?

If you want to check out the YouTube clip you can go to YouTube and search for Sylvester Mobley.

Thanks for sharing. I listened to the clip and agree that natural desires will not make you happy. I won't preach, but we were not created for natural purposes, so if that's what one is tied to, happiness will never be your friend. We are spirit before we are man and woman. Do you live by your flesh alone OR are you feeding your spirit man? When I use my life to glorify my Father, everything else comes together. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these THINGS will be added unto you, Amen.

I won't preach, but we were not created for natural purposes, so if that's what one is tied to, happiness will never be your friend. We are spirit before we are man and woman.

I agree with what you said. It's just funny how sometimes we start moving so fast in life we get so caught up and forget the basics like this. I know I did.

I agree with what you said. It's just funny how sometimes we start moving so fast in life we get so caught up and forget the basics like this. I know I did.

You are so right. The natural empire that we build will fall on us if the foundation isn't right. I was there and learned the hard way, but I learned!

So, what do you think? Is it our unnatural desires as black women that make us unhappy?

I believe this is part of the problem, certainly. When we go for things unnatural, we still have to face everyday how these things aren't truly apart of us, thus, we have to face our real selves and for many that is not easy; that is especially with society always telling us to hate ourselves because they say we can never be well enough before any.

Make up isn't your real face, hair extensions isn't your real hair, corsets isn't your real shape, heels aren't your real height, colored contacts aren't your real eyes, and fake nail aren't really your nails. Having to face where you feel you lack can tear a person down from the inside out, but if it isn't face, you're only going to delude yourself further setting yourself up for an even greater fall.

Also, certain other unnatural desires which kind of go passed material but can be connected to it does hinder as well. Like a desire to be with a man at all costs; that's not natural nor is it right, but going after such a desire will wreck a woman's life because she will make any and all excuses to stay with him regardless of how the relationship actually turns out. This is dangerous and many times fatal. Though they say they're happy, they're not but only feel justified as a woman by having any guy at her side.

These things do take from happiness, but with them taken away from you, then you can finally see clearly where happiness truly lay.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back