destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Please refrain from putting Member's Names in thread titles.

We've historically not allowed this, especially when it was an attempt to call a Member out in a negative way.

That isn't necessarily what is happening now. It just seems that some are wanting to direct their comments personally to one Member or another, which we've not had a problem with before.

But it is happening more and more, and beginning to make the discussions take on too much of a personal tone.

These discussions are for everyone, not just one or two, and we encourage you to format them in a manner that is inclusive of all.

So please, if possible, keep the titles as general as possible, not putting a Member's Name in it.

This encourages and invites everyone to feel welcome to take part in the discussions ... and not just those Members you have singled out.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

I happen to be one of those members who 'seem' to be 'directing their comments at other members'. On my wall of shame include names such as RU2Religious, Da Street So'ja, and my latest victim CherryBlossom. To these people I therefore explicitly state that my intention was never to single you out (ridiculous notion as it is seeing this is a public forum).

This forum can sometimes move at a fast pace, and more often than not, important posts have slipped through the cracks with the intended members lamenting that they did not see a particular post. No wahalas (worries), in future, I shall leave a note on your profile letting you know if I have a query that you can answer.

In summary, if I have ever started a thread, with your name in it, please be assured it was meant to be a seen as neon sign directing your attention to an issue which required your expertise and/or knowledge. After all, isn't that what a community is? a collective group of people who bring different areas of knowledge to the table?

To those who feel their contributions were consquently stifled as a result of this action, all I can do is offer my sincere apologies. It would take a devious, and infantile mind to dream up and carry out such an act based on this intent and the fact that this thought had not even crossed my mind is telling.

Best wishes,

Alexandra

So long as Members stop doing it ... it's all good.

I think an exception to this, would be if a specific Member / Moderator / Adminstrator is being accused of violating our rules, and posting that thread (along with their name and the evidence supporting the accuastion) is placed in the Management / Rules / Violators Forum.

Destee

Yes, I, too, have violated this; but, like Alexandra, neither of mine were ill-intended. Others have seen that one was an attempt at reconciliation and the other was an apology.

However, I will correct that and not use anyone's name in a title again.

I happen to be one of those members who 'seem' to be 'directing their comments at other members'. On my wall of shame include names such as RU2Religious, Da Street So'ja, and my latest victim CherryBlossom. To these people I therefore explicitly state that my intention was never to single you out (ridiculous notion as it is seeing this is a public forum).

Alexandra, I missed your thread to me. Did you delete it?

Yes, I, too, have violated this; but, like Alexandra, neither of mine were ill-intended.

No Sister, you've not violated (no one has), as we've not asked the Family not to do it in the manner you've described, before now.

From this point on though, it will be considered a violation.

Thanks!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back