Higher Standard Required : Do Not Put Members Names in Thread Titles

this is something that i've encountered all too often:

it's not that the thread is "no longer being listed", but that it gets bumped off the front page (sometimes the front two or three pages of the "new posts" page) due to all the activity, mostly in the poetry forums and sometimes in the spirituality/religion forum.

i've often wondered if the front page might could be "tabbed" such that all the poetry is in one tab; spirituality/religion in another tab; African history/culture/doing positive things/etc in another and all the rest in another tab? <shrug> just a thought.

i, too, lose track of stuff sometimes. especially to wake up and log in, or log in late, and see the front page completely filled with various poetry threads - and then to try to remember what "that interesting thread i was reading yesterday was called ... and - was it open forum? black men? which?", but then lose it until i happen to log in after somebody else has spotted it and brought it back.

(i suppose that that could be one of the purposes of the "subscribe to this thread", but not terribly interested in getting an email every time somebody posts - not to mention the delay in the subscription notification.) (yeah, that "slow email" stuff has been a part of the House for years - i still think it is due to ambiguities in the dns resolution chain - but i'm not on the House Tech Team ...)

Brother anAfrican ... i thank you for the suggestions, and we'll implement them and all the many others that the Family gives us, as we are able.

Between now and then though ... all i can think to do is direct you to this thread.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back