Higher Standard Required : Do Not Put Members Names in Thread Titles

PurpleMoons

Administrator
STAFF
Apr 22, 2003
Thanks again!

I'm still laughing at myself!

I had actually looked for that thread and couldn't find it! Then, I thought, "Maybe I didn't post it, after-all?" :?: You know how you second-think yourself?

Whew! It was sho nuff past my bedtime! LOL!
:lol: Yes, i've had that happened to me b4. It's a good thing you asked about Sister Alexandra's post...other wise you may not have seen it for another week or so... to have it mysteriously appear before your eyes. lol

:heart:

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
Sistah, I was CLUE-LESS! :lol:

I guess I clicked on the forum above the "Spiritual Beliefs" forum by mistake.

Oh, well. At least, now, I know that I DID post it and I'm not crazy! lol

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009

I would like some clarification on the rule on “No Names In Titles.”

In the Poetry Forum, I read a piece by Khasm13 which reminded me of a piece I wrote some time ago.

So, I posted my poem as a response to his, and I used his name in the title.

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59102

However, Rich has informed me that I am in “violation” because I used a member's name in a Poetry title.

sistah cherryblossom we don't allow members name called in a title thread can you please edited it and remove the brothers Name ! for it's an violation Admin $$RICH$$
Now, I have no problem obeying the rule. However, I thought when Destee posted the new rule that it pertained to the “DISCUSSION FORUMS.”

I have to wonder that if I wrote a poem called “An Ode To Rich,” would that be in violation because I used a member's name in it?

Please give some clarification on this rule as it relates to the Poetry Forums

Originally Posted by Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

Please refrain from putting Member's Names in thread titles.

We've historically not allowed this, especially when it was an attempt to call a Member out in a negative way.*

That isn't necessarily what is happening now. It just seems that some are wanting to direct their comments personally to one Member or another, which we've not really had a problem with.

But it is happening more and more, and beginning to make the discussions take on too much of a personal tone.

These discussions are for everyone, not just one or two, and we encourage you to format them in a manner that is inclusive of all.

So please, if possible, keep the titles as general as possible, not putting a Member's Name in it.*

This encourages and invites everyone to feel welcome to take part in the discussions ... and not just those Members you have singled out.

Thanks in advance.
http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58966

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
:lol: Yes, i've had that happened to me b4. It's a good thing you asked about Sister Alexandra's post...other wise you may not have seen it for another week or so... to have it mysteriously appear before your eyes. lol

Good morning, Purple Moons...

And I also need to know why the BLACK INDIANS thread has been deleted?

If even unintentionally I did or said anything that led to your decision, both please accept my apology, and tell me what I did wrong, ok?

Above and beyond that:

Also my apology to the other contributors of that thread!

FYI...

Take care...

Peace...

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant

I would like some clarification on the rule on “No Names In Titles.”

In the Poetry Forum, I read a piece by Khasm13 which reminded me of a piece I wrote some time ago.

So, I posted my poem as a response to his, and I used his name in the title.

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59102

However, Rich has informed me that I am in “violation” because I used a member's name in a Poetry title.

Now, I have no problem obeying the rule. However, I thought when Destee posted the new rule that it pertained to the “DISCUSSION FORUMS.”

I have to wonder that if I wrote a poem called “An Ode To Rich,” would that be in violation because I used a member's name in it?

Please give some clarification on this rule as it relates to the Poetry Forums
Sister CherryBlossom ... i apologize for making a new rule without considering all the many ways it may impact us.

$$RICH$$ was right to do what he did, but my haste to enact this, is what really has caused this confusion.

Please give us a minute to work out the particulars (that we can see) and i'll get back to you.

It shouldn't take too long.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SophiaG Support : How do I put specific members on ignore? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 5
R Black Poetry : Put words on a truck and these nerds better duck make birds fly up lost in the sky while girls toss pie on a sexual high take vocab to the club for ac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
M Black People : How should I put it? Black People Open Forum 4
candeesweet Black Poetry : Origins and Visions simply put Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ndugu Black People : Trump has put a Lock Down , on all Pro-active Black Community Convo , online! Black People Open Forum 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Patrick Mahomes not only tried a no-look pass, but pulled it off. Put him in the HOF already Black Sports 0
R Black Poetry : Put these rhymes in a container which exist and consist of one or more words and galore verbs my str Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Gun Ownership : Study: How Arming Teachers Can Put Students Of Color At Greater Risk Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Study: Undocumented farm workers put food system at risk Black Health and Wellness 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Put on some white Clothes & take off the black AACOOLDRE 0
Fine1952 Black People : Why Did FEMA Just Put a Rush Order on 5 Million Bottles Of Water? Black People Open Forum 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : kenny smith challenges players to put 10% of their salary into the community.... Black Sports 48
Queenie Health and Wellness : Put the fork down and read... Black Health and Wellness 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Lawsuit: Cops Put Black Woman in Mental Hospital Because They Didn't Believe She Owned BMW Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Nation of Islam's Louis Farrakhan: 'We need to put the American flag down' Black People Politics 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 9 Simple Ways to Keep Food Fresh/Foods to never put in the refrigerator Black Health and Wellness 5
Fine1952 Black Entertainment : ???Why Did Hannibal Buress Put Bill Cosby On Blast??? Black Entertainment 516
shaka64 Law Forum : Cop Watch!!Time to put up or shut up Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Fine1952 Black Positive People : Three Put Shame to Wall Street Black People Doing Positive Things 1
RAPTOR Black Money Business Jobs : Seattle Activists Vow to Put $15 Wage on Ballot Black Money Business Jobs 20
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Why You Need to Put Your Brain on a Fitness Plan, Too Black Health and Wellness 0
RAPTOR Black People : Amos Wilson: An analysis of black on black violence put in social context Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Health law to put calorie info on vending machines Black Health and Wellness 5
Alarm Clock Black People : Would the Assaults on the Black community in the past 15 years been put up with in 60s, 70s, 80s?? Black People Open Forum 6
chuck Black People : Up To Us To Put Forth Our Takes This Nation's Agendas Too! Black People Open Forum 36
ComUnity Uplifter Black People : What do you put your energy into? Black People Open Forum 13
S Black People : Put Your Dictionaries Down, Vol 1: "B" does not mean female dog. Black People Open Forum 4
ManicRaider Black People : How does one put himself before others? Black People Open Forum 7
davidepatton The Front Porch : i have put together a petition to address the issues of legal slavery in our country it reads as fol The Front Porch 3
Aluku Black Education / Schools : New Movie will Put Spotlight on our Failing Public Education System Black Education / Schools 53
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama Urges Congress to Help Put Teachers Back to Work Black People Politics 5
MsVeraisblessed Black People : Something bout this pic..can't put my finger on it. Black People Open Forum 22
Tutorials Audio Video Web Conferencing : How To Put A Member On Ignore - Video Tutorial Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Tutorials Support : How To Put A Member On Ignore - Video Tutorial Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 0
Destee Violaters / Violations : Put Others on Ignore - Before Calling Me In Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 27
rapunzal24 Black Relationships : He didn't put his hand on my lap he put it in my lap, lol! Black Relationships 38
Ankhur Black People : Like Pinochet in Spain, War Criminals Bush/Cheney, put on trial in Malaysia Black People Open Forum 0
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Do You Put Your Friends First? Black Relationships 12
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Nina Simone - I put a spell on you Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : OK What Have You Done for the Black Community Where You Live? Put up or ...well you Know!! Black People Open Forum 8
OldSoul Audio Video Web Conferencing : I Put A Spell On You Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Beyoncé - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Kemetstry Black Relationships : She Wont Put Out? Black Relationships 173
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Texas man wrongly put away for 18 years denied compensation after legal glitch Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 11
MsInterpret Black People : Teen put in jail after being raped Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Black People : Who put a preacher with 50 parishioners in the press? and what resulted in Africa? Black People Open Forum 13
Ankhur Black People : Who put the ban on Aristede's Lavalas party?? Black People Open Forum 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Put a SONG in your heart Black Entertainment 10
Ankhur Black People : Corie Booker plans to put Newark water rights on the street corner? Black People Open Forum 2
C Black People : Does our desire to raise "independent" children put them at a financial disadvantage? Black People Open Forum 10