Black Relationships : Do nice guys finish last?

kente417mojo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 22, 2004
I have read articles on this subject and they tend to say similar things. That the nicer you are as a guy to a woman, the more likely you will always end up being "just a friend". Even if you send messages of interest to a woman, you'll still finish last. While the dude that ignores and occassionally talks down to a woman will end up getting what you want. Is this true? Is it true that women don't want a man to be "too nice"? What's "too nice"? Have you ever been that guy that has been "too nice" and seen a number of women slip through your fingers while you watch some guy win her over by simply ignoring her or being obnoxious when he does acknowledge her? Did this change your outlook on women? :grin:

Women, are you turned off by a guy that gives you too much attention, even though some women complain when a man doesn't do so? If so, is it a woman thing, or does it differ with race? Does the amount of attention needed change once you've gotten him to give you the attention that you were craving? Is it all a big mind game?:teach:

Are we as men in a no win situation when it comes to women? What do you think brothas...and sistas?

well i had a guy who was interested in me- and i wasnt- but we became friends and chilled for like a yr- somehow he grew on me- and we began datin
but i thought at times he was "too nice"- for me i can say- that i wasnt used to men being "nice" so for him to act this way normally caught me off gaurd- as well as being independent and not likin hand outs- at times him being "too nice" felt weird or uncomfortable

i think allot of women dont appreciate a guy that is "to nice" because of thier previous relationships. i think most men kno that a woman is divine but only some treat her as such

wats "too nice"- a people pleaser- it feels too nice when u dont expect it and are not used to it

is being "too nice" a sign of weakness?

yeah- the amt of attn changes i think once u get what ur cravin- say i enjoy a mans company and stuff- but he dont call me enough- when he starts callin me like i had wanted - i might start to think he callin me too much-

dont get mad at me for this one women- but i think women tend to and may like to make things harder and more complicated then it needs to be or is ( i kno at time i do- y- life is a test- things need to be earned not handeed out)

no win situation- naw- yall be ight- if u doing wats right- sooner or latter u'll get rewarded for it- its jus a matter of time.

daroc said:
dont get mad at me for this one women- but i think women tend to and may like to make things harder and more complicated then it needs to be or is ( i kno at time i do- y- life is a test- things need to be earned not handeed out)

Ain't that the truth Daroc...I figured that out some time (and many dates) ago. To answer brother Kente417mojo's question. I don't think nice guys finish last, it depends on the woman you are dealing with. I can say that based on prior experience, not every woman who says she wants a nice guy really means it.

This is a great question Kente. Sadly to say, some nice guys do finish last. To put it bluntly, some women consider a "nice" guy, someone who is a punk or easily walked on. However,.....I don't believe this will happen if a woman finds something that attracts her to the man. For me, I have, in my twenties, tossed a few nice guys aside, but I have found that there wasn't an attraction strong enough to them in the first place. Please understand, that I am not speaking solely on how they look. I have dated a man who I wasn't attracted to in the least, and after hanging around him for awhile, getting to know him and all of his sides, I was in a relationship for over a year and a half. Alot of us women are attracted to the bad guys, or the "ungettable gets" the ones who barely call you, stand you up on occassion, etc., I don't know why that is, but most of us have endured it. I am grateful that I endured it in my younger days. A woman who values herself will hopefully grow out of that. There is nothing wrong with being nice. I like a balance. A man who is nice, even sweet at times, but makes me feel like he can handle his business. I won't say thug, but I hope you see where I am going with this.

Some nice guys are too shy. I am not attracted necessarily to a shy man. You can be shy at times. I am shy at times. But if we are both sitting there being shy, nothing is going to be accomplished. :help:

At the end of the day, there has to be something about the person that really holds you, whether it is their intellect, the way they treat other people, their talents, something. The way they happen to make you feel when you are with them. All of these things will take a person from "blah" to "WOW" if you are willing to put in the time and let things develop. All women don't like the same things like all men don't like the same things, but you have to have a level of maturity that will allow you to get past the simple physical package.

I say people who do not know what their type is finish last.

I Think if a man knows his type, Like I only talk to women who I think feel me, you will not have to deal with that.

I have never been a friend, so I guess I am doing something right.

But to each his own.

However, sometimes you have to grow on people, I guess I do not have the patience, much love to brothers that are friends with women and then date, usually if a female is not talking right I discharge her within a 72 hour period, I am trying to work on doing the nice thing, but is really hard but I am working on it! My Longest so far has been like 2 weeks!!!

I am being serious yall do not laugh, LOL.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back