Black People : Do Native Americans / Indians celebrate Thanksgiving ? ... How do they observe this day?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Family ... do Native Americans / Indians 'nem ... celebrate Thanksgiving ?

(What is the most respectful way to say it ... Native Americans, Indians ... what?)

How do they observe this day ?

If one enjoys the day off from work, benefit of the day, are they "celebrate'n" Thanksgiving ?

Them dere iz da questions ... if you wanna take a poke at 'em ... :teach:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Family ... do Native Americans / Indians 'nem ... celebrate Thanksgiving ?

(What is the most respectful way to say it ... Native Americans, Indians ... what?)

How do they observe this day ?

If one enjoys the day off from work, benefit of the day, are they "celebrate'n" Thanksgiving ?

Them dere iz da questions ... if you wanna take a poke at 'em ... :teach:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee
Why on earth would or should they?

What possible upside does the USA and all of the other European controlled countries being formed in the Americas on their ancestors territory in general have for them, as opposed to being a reminder of just how many indigenous cultures have been completely exterminated by the ongoing White Supremacist Racist onslaught?

Australia’s aboriginals who find themselves less than 3rd class citizens in their homeland [with no rights or even reservations of their own] have a day of mourning on the day their PALEFACE conquerors [literally exterminated all of the indigenous Tasmanians] celebrate the arrival of Captain Cook in Botany Bay; in that while the whites are celebrating, a large group of them gather further down the beach and throw a funeral wreath into the water/acknowledging all their ancestors for whom the coming of whites literally meant DEATH.

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Do I celebrate Thanksgiving? No, I don't celebrate. But I do take advantage of the holiday and get together with family and friends to share a large meal without once thinking of the Thanksgiving in 1621. I think it is the same in many Native households. It is ironic that Thanksgiving takes place during American Indian and Alaskan Native Heritage Month. An even greater irony is that more Americans today identify the day after Thanksgiving as Black Friday than as National American Indian Heritage Day.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2160786/

Most "natives" that I know prefer to be identified as American Indian, as in the American Indian Movement (AIM).

In taking participation of the two words, thanking for giving... yes. Other than that I don't think anyone really celebrates the distant history. As far as I'm concerned you can call Thanksgiving "Getting Together Day" and Christmas "Getting Together Day: The Sequel". No one has to be tied down by others definitions and mindsets when most are plainly chillin', nothing more, nothing less.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back