Black People : Do moderators and administrators on these boards see our IP addresses?

welcome to our house........

miss said:
I just came from another black website and was a bit disturbed to find out that the moderators and administrators could see every member's IP address if they wanted to. I won't be going back there again, but would still like to chat in black forums. So is that the case for the moderators and administrators here?
i don't think we are that well organized to be able to do that.
i've never thought of even trying it but maybe destee herself can. i just don't know.

did they do anything harmful to you at the other place? our moderators are generally pretty sound and stable and so you should be secure here.
why don't you give us a try?

miss said:
I just came from another black website and was a bit disturbed to find out that the moderators and administrators could see every member's IP address if they wanted to. I won't be going back there again, but would still like to chat in black forums. So is that the case for the moderators and administrators here?

Miss ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

Yes, every site you visit on the Internet can see your IP address, including this one.

Some sites allow everyone to see everyone's IP. We could do that here too, but we choose to make it available to only Moderators and Administrators (for management purposes only), in an attempt to maintain as much of our Members privacy as possible.

They have services that users can buy, that will mask your IP address, allowing you to surf anonymously.

If you don't buy one of these, i'm not sure how you can keep your IP invisible to others, and still utilize the net.

Even if you buy one of the above, i'm sure there are some government entities that could still get this information if they wanted it. Basically, there's very little private on the Internet, or anyone that will be able to guarantee that no one in the whole wide world can find out your IP address.

Don't let this frighten you away from the Internet though, as what applies to you, applies to most all of us.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back