Black People : Do Men Need Many Women??

NADIA*BINTA

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 27, 2003
SUNSHINE ST
"...why all the bickering over that brotha?
that man chose one, two...three
but in the end hell ignites between you and me
we can battle all day about what he sees
in you, me or her
but when it comes right down to that thang
evidently it's pretty much the same
since we're all his babies' mamas...

...sistahs i don't wanna fight!
put away your dukes, gun and knife
maybe it's in his nature
or some ancient African custom
to help life thrive through production of tribes...
and perhaps it's not just more offspring
that bring our men - Kings - to this thing... polygamy..."
(excerpt from original poem - CONVERSATION)

DO MEN NEED MANY WOMEN?

From Abraham, Moses, Solomon, Muhammad (PBUH)... to daddy, uncle, brother, lover & all in between polygamy has been seen. Oh, sure we say we live in a monogamous society, but are we?

I ask 'DO MEN...' because most times when women find that special one and are all in love and giddy... unless provoked by our man's infidelity, we usually stay faithful. (Usually is the operative word, y'all) However, it seems alot of men (not all men) stray whether he has a good thing or not.

I mean, we can whip up a full course meal everyday, in nothing but a thong and stelleto heals on... be a freak in the bed, a lady in public... pamper, massage and some brothas still dodge monogamy.

I've been intrigued by this thing... because it seems Biblically and Quranically God has made polygamy an acceptable thing for men.

Sistahs before y'all start bashing, let me assure you I'm not encouraging... i'm just asking... DO MEN NEED MANY WOMEN?
Could it be we're blinded by what this society shows as relationships and love? I know so many of us say 'not my man'... hell, i said the same until we talked openly, honestly and he began to explain some thangs...

Oh, we've gone back and forth and it actually took some time for me to look at the issue w/o tissue and anger. He insists most guys are like this, but just won't be honest with their women. What y'all think...

A question that has many answers

This question has been asked thousands of times and men NEVER
give us the same answer twice. I've grew up around alot of brothas and I watch them play sistas left and right. Some claim that they have to have a wifey type at home(good girl) a freak on the side(willing to do anything w/o the commitment) the maybe girl(the one that may have a chance if he break up with wifey)

The tomboy(his road dog who's down for whatever) and the booty call girl. theres alot of other names for us women that men use but I only put a few.

Men say they don't want their wifey to be to much of a freak because they won't know how to take that. Men use the excuse to have many for any reason. My take is it's not just a man thing, it's wrong.

the thing is that no matter how many women a man chooses to marry, play (you know what l mean :D ), he would not get enough. But if you really want to be really blunt, it's the sex a man wants and needs (not excluding love). ln other words, if a man cheats it's b/c he wants the sex, not the love. (so "that thing" women have is something powerful) :jawdrop:
l am telling you, it has to be the sex b/c no man in his right mind can put up with that many women.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back