Black Relationships : Do men and women cheat for the same reasons?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by rapunzal24, Sep 28, 2011.

1. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    My girls and I were having a discussion and some of us believe that men and women cheat for different reasons, some of us believe that it's all the same. There was even a notion that was put out that said times have changed, and now women cheat for the same reasons that men do. What say you?

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    What were the reasons that they said for men and women?

3. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    Men do it because they have the natural need to procreate, and they are more visual than women. Women do it because we are missing emotional support from the home, we don't feel that we are desirable to our significant other anymore, or the dude is straying too. One girl said that it is balanced now because even though we still have gender roles, they are alot broader for women than what they use to be, therefore women enjoy the power of the catch just as much as men.

4. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I think they could have different reason, but collectively it's selfish in the end....cheating is cheating.

5. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I know of men who felt that their lady or wife didn't feel a desire for them because she wouldn't sleep with him, so he would go find it else where....

LOL the folks that I know who go and cheat on their significant other are just trifling from jump...there is no other reason than that...

6. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    It is trifling no matter what, but I have met a few people who it was really unexpected from them and they were going through some stuff, they just made a mistake. It is still selfish, but for the people who weren't trifling from the jump, there had to be something going on.

7. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Makes you not have kids and get married? LOL..Just kidddinnng...

But seriously, yeah there are people who may not seem like the cheating type. If I'm in a relationship with someone and I'm not happy, the relationship is beyond repair, and I'm thinking about cheat, I'll leave the relationship all together. No sense making the situation worse.

My ex's homeboy is married and I guess him and his wife are no longer sleeping in the same room any more, no longer on speaking terms. He contemplates cheating, because the wife doesn't even try to fix the situation. She doesn't want to go to counseling, doesn't even really want to talk to him. But no one ever ends the marriage...Not that I'm advocating divorce. (Cause I'm sure some nut will think that)....

But I do know that finance issues can also lead to cheating, sex isn't good, lack of communication....

I dunno...it's hard for me to really say cause I've never really been a cheater lol

8. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    Both men and women cheat for the same reasons to fulfill their lusts. Even if its for a quick moment and with someone they don't even care about.

9. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    True, but are the lusts the same? That's the key, some say that men and women lust differently. Men more physically, and women more emotionally.

10. NyneElementz

NyneElementz Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    I believe that most men and women DO cheat on their mates for the same reason: lack of emotional, spiritual, and mental support.

Some of you may disagree, but men/women....tell it true for yourselves. What feels better than to know you have encouragement and support from the one you love? Leaving that area neglected creates a dangerous void in any man or woman. And those who would not on their worst day cheat on their mate, get sucked in by a person saying the right words.

There are a few who cheat for the traditionally believed reasons, but those cases are far and few between. I've listened to both black men and black women in conversations about why men/women cheat and what men/women don't understand about love. And the majority of what I hear are the same reasons that I stated in the 1st sentence.

Again, feel free to disagree, but leave that area of needed love and support neglected long enough, and you're guaranteed to be the cause of the affair that hurts you. Relationships require work and supporting one another wholistically.