Black People : Do interracial (black and white) people count as being black?

Black is more about ancestry then anything else. If you have black African ancestry then many people will in fact claim being black here in the United States because it is a system of thought - an not a true identity. Its still based on the one drop rule whether we agree with it or not - nevertheless, it is an idea that is new as the US.

If most African American truly think about it - most of use ARE in fact mixed with some different nationality though we appear to be as dark as we want to be. The question is not about heritage though - this is a question about colorism because I'm dark as I want to be but my sister is as light as she can be.

Should I walk down the street with my sister - should she be called white and I black though we come from the say mother and father? My mother and father are both African Americans but one is truly half native American having being born on an Native American reservation just as her father mother was born and her mothers mother was born on an Native American reservations. My sister and brothers came out light yet I came out dark - but they came out with think hair like my father and I came out with the jet black slick hair (which I trained to get locks) like moms.

Are we considered African Americans? Well of course because we are mixed with Native Americans - yet if it had of been white folks we were mixed with and came out a little brighter would we be up for questioning? The truth of the matter is we as African American are totally mixed. I don't care who you run a mtDNA or Y-DNA analysis on that claims to be AA you will find that we are all mixed with something - whether european, asian, native american, etc ... our color should not be an issue as to who and what we are because two can come from the same parent as AA's and one will pass for white and the other will pass for straight up African.

Basically we are dealing with and issue that is based on colorism - something that the south is still trying to work through.

Nye

Ru2religious

Soledad%20O%27Brien-5.jpg

she is not black, she is a mulatto.

Soledad%20O%27Brien-5.jpg

she is not black, she is a mulatto.

There is no way in hell her mother was white and her father black. He was probably mixed himself. Any African ancestry she has is marginal by this I mean majority european and minimal African therefore she is not Black. **** the one drop rule - that is bull**** because scientifically speaking Race don't exist.

Tell me this if African Americans are as heavily mixed as you say they are why aren't they more akin to a latino?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back