Black People : Do interracial (black and white) people count as being black?

Jesse is about right, where are the black female anchors at cnn? Is stephanie elam(sp?) the only one? There wan an African lady but she vanished.
The black male actors are undeniably black but the non-white female anchors are mixed race, multiracial or racially ambiguous. Why is that?

black + white does not equal black.
I don't even think she's black culturally; the only reason she said it then was to justify why she keep making those stupid "black in america" shows.

home gurl?

Soledad-O%27Brien.jpg

"Her father Edward, an Australian of Irish descent, was a mechanical engineering professor. Her mother, Estella, who is Afro-Cuban, was a French and English teacher"

Soledad-O%27Brien.jpg

"Her father Edward, an Australian of Irish descent, was a mechanical engineering professor. Her mother, Estella, who is Afro-Cuban, was a French and English teacher"

one cant deny her african heritage....if she is equal parts of each she can choose to identify with either or or both

as for the thread its an insult...im mixed tho my heritage is mostly african american...for someone to say im not on the sole basis theres a hint of white in my bloodline is an insult the hell he think he is

If a person is 50/50 Black/White we are asking if the "count" as Black? Well, what about their offspring, if that 50/50 person produces offspring with a "Black" person, does that 75/25 person "count" as Black? If that 75/25 person produces offspring with a "Black" person, does that 87.5/12.5 person "count" as Black?? Can the line be drawn based upon percentages? Do we act like white people and embrace a 1 drop rule to exclude people from our race that have 1 drop of "non-black" blood from our race? If so, I think that would exclude most of us.

I was watching a show recently (I don't remember what it was) that a lady was discussing her life on a panel with other women. She was obviously "Black" but fairly light skinned. She was discussing the fact that she had been given up for adoption by her mother at birth. She later found her mother and to her surprise, her mother was White. Before she mentioned that fact I would have never guessed it, but I found it interesting that even she had no idea that she was the direct offspring of a White woman.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back