Black Women : Do Intelligent Sistas Feel Alone?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Sun Ship, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    I wanted to ask this question in all fairness and for a search for answers, after I read another post in the original counterpoint to this thread called, “Do Intelligent Brothas Feel Alone?”. Though the Brothers seem to be quite honest and are handling their responses quite well, I said to myself, why should Brothers just be the ones ripping their hearts out for examination? These Brothers don’t want to be just scrutinized and psychoanalyzed, they want be understood and accepted, but most all they want an intelligent Black woman beside them!!! SOON!!! LIKE REAL SOON!!!...._lol

So since at the end of the day, “intellectual masturbation” is just a lonely and intelligent Black man or Black woman flagellating his or her own thoughts and desires. After reading the brothers version of this dilemma (intelligence and alone) and a recent thread asking, “who do you have a crush on?” (which told me a lot about the Black women here) I wondered, “Do Intelligent Black Women Feel Alone?”….OK, Sistas here's your chance…Let’s talk and be as honest as possible

Do Intelligent Sistas Feel Alone?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    not as long as I'm around.

3. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    Ok...Brother James :lol: I here you, but let the Sisters get in here and tell us how they feel, before they all start rushin' to Philly...:lol:

4. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Do I feel alone..no...I like how I am elevating to a higher self..being "alone"..allows me to focus on myself..then the knowledge I get..I can plant the seed..
    I used to need that pat on the back or head..but I need it no more. So no I dont feel alone. Im quite content.

5. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    I think intelligent, educated, and successful black women do so much networking among themselves that it's rare for them to feel alone.

They may be in need of a mate, but as far as friends, it's hard for me to imagine them being in need of someone to relate to.

6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

James you're hilarious :haha:

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother James ... this is so true !!!! ... :love: ... thank you for being around! :kiss:

Brother Sun Ship ... no matter that the question is directed at Sisters now ... my response remains the same.

:heart:

Destee

8. Kwango_Likemba

Kwango_Likemba Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    'Do Intelligent Sistas Feel Alone?' is a very good question Brother Sun Ship because we have the history of neglect of intelligent Sisters with the idea that women have to be half of a man, quiet and passive...

I do think that 'Intelligent' women are witty, deep thinkers, and often independent. If a Sister has these personal traits she is seen as a threat to society! Personally, I enjoy reading to be well-informed and speaking about the struggle for the liberation of Black people. My life has been shoved in conscious awareness very early. I am aggressive and can erupt rage over injustices. My nature is not the same as many women... Moreover, I practice forbidden sexuality, I have unusual ways people often say I am weird..

Do Sistas like me feel alone? Yes I feel alone. Few members of my family loves me, but I hide to them who I really am, my deep love for Revolution, and the kind of wild thought, feeling, intuition and sensation I have in my psyche.

Many times I am insecure, seriously, because many women are troubled by my strong nature, and sexuality when they know me closely. Men often consider me inferior or a potential threat- in the revolutionary parties I joined men often put me in the shadow unless I show a fiery side of myself. My body is feminine but my 'self' is masculine. When I see strong or intelligent women being subjugated and demeaned by religious dogmas and the patriarchy that has gotten out of hand on the planet I agonize inside! How can we be confident in us?

I try to be 'me' but it’s not easy…people chose to live in a bubble, content to be ignorant, having no love for other people, I can’t be like that... So therefore I often stay alone, having occasional discussions on the Internet with Black people I can connect with on the intellectual level…on the Web I can be myself and heal myself, talking about the things I really like..

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    if i had some money, i'd come to wherever you are and give you a big hug. :grouphug:

10. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Kwango

Sis, I haven't met your personally, but you don't come through on-line as masculine and aggressive to me.

You don't even seem to be more assertive than most sistaz I run into online.

You just seem passionate and at times quite sensative.