Black Spirituality Religion : Do I really have faith?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Da1whoownslife, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Da1whoownslife

Da1whoownslife Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    My faith is so strong but the thing.... I am a lesbian.
    I know it's a sin but this is one sin, I can't scared away.
    I pray asking for God for his upper hand in this, but I
    know I will never stay clear away from this.
    I prayed asking for someone to show me true love,
    then when it came... I didn't get a man but a woman instead.
    At first, I was scared because I was taught, homosexuality was a huge sin, but learning no sin is a huge sin in God's eyes.
    Many say the devil has my mind,
    but guess what, the Lord has my heart.
    In this situation, I am confused,
    in the beginning, there was man and woman.
    Now these days, there will be two men or two women.
    But my faith is strong... I believe there is a Lord.
    This is one question... Do I really have faith?

2. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    You may not be around since this was posted back in July of last year. But to answer your question yes, you REALLY have faith. But you are simply struggling right now because you are young in Christ. Prayer is a powerful tool and with it, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

I pray asking for God for his upper hand in this, but I
    know I will never stay clear away from this.

Have others who are strong in faith to also be praying with you.
    Jesus said...Where two or three are gathered
    together in my name, there am I in the midst of them (Matt. 18:20)

You will overcome if you endure. Because this particuliar sin is so entwined in the soulish realm of the inner you, it will take time for healing, but healing will surely come if you continue the good fight of faith.

I prayed asking for someone to show me true love,
    then when it came... I didn't get a man but a woman instead.

Rest assured that the enemy of your soul will be trying to set traps for you. :grin: Always be aware of what is from God and what is from satan. If it goes contrary to what God has said in His word, then rest assured that it is from the enemy of your soul...satan.

Faith comes by hearing and reading God's word. In the daily reading of his word and prayer, you will begin to notice day by day, a growing strength. Meditation in God's word is powerful and should be used daily. :read: For the struggles we have in the flesh are actually spiritual in nature not physical. Thus we must fight from a spiritual standpoint in order to be truely effective. Here are some wonderful scriptures for meditation. Meditating on God's word, gives you strength for the struggles that come our way.

Ephesians 6:12
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Psalm 18:1-3
    I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -- Philippians 4:6 and 7

Please Click This Link: http://www.teenhopeline.com/verses/Verse/Deliverance.html
    Teen Hope Line is a site that is ran by teens like yourself. There are a lot of teens like yourself who struggle with various things in life and they come here for love and support from their own peers. It's a wonderful place and a great place to meet other teens who believe in the power of prayer.

Joyce

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Da1whoownslife ... bless your sweet heart ... :love:

You're only 17 ... if you'd never had sex with anyone, which is reasonable for your age, would you still consider yourself a lesbian? Or is it simply the fact that you found someone (a female) who made you feel comfortable enough to become intimate with them ... and this one act "pigeonholes" you into this classification? If you were intimate with a man, would you still be asking yourself these questions ... for to have "sex" outside of marriage would probably qualify as "sin" all by itself, regardless of who it was with.

You may in fact be a lesbian, i don't know ... you say you are, so i'll go with that.

The fact of the matter is, why would you question your faith in God because of any one "sin" in your life? Do you realize if each of us did this, we'd all be questioning our faith in God? Do you realize that most every single person in the whole wide world has done something that, according to ancient texts, would qualify them as "sinners?"

I think you're putting a lot of emphasis on the "sin" of lesbianism, as though it stands above all other sin ... when in the Bible, i believe it says something like ... there is no big sin and little sin ... sin is sin ... so i'd approach this from that standpoint and not focus on what that sin is (which oftentimes adds the climate of the day to the weight of the sin, which makes it much heavier than it has to be).

If you love God, and want to please Him ... then you will look at all of your life, for the rest of your life, and try your best to remove those things that do not please God. As your strength and determination in God grows, your ability to take off those things that are not like Him, will grow too.

I doubt that you will ever get to a place that every single aspect of your life, thoughts, emotions, will meet the standard that you have set in your mind ... where God would want you to be. Life is a journey, one that we are constantly traveling ... constantly growing in ... constantly believing that God will give us to know what is right for our lives.

So don't be beating yourself up ... thinking you, or your faith, are not what they should be. You're a beautiful young lady, who is sincerely wanting to please God with your whole heart ... and even if there are things in your life that aren't what you want them to be yet ... it will all come together ... just hold on to that faith you have Sister ... for it is very real.

Stay Encouraged.

:heart:

Destee

ps ... Hey Sister Joyce ... wonderful words of encouragement ... so good to have you back in the house! I've been reading you Sister and enjoying your very inspiring and oftentimes humorous remarks ... ahhhhhh ... so soothing ... thank you for coming home. :heart:

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Need I say more :eek:hmy:

5. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    :spin: Hi Destee! :spin:

It is good to be back. There's a lot of new faces here and a lot of new changes. It is so beautiful here. A lot of thought has gone into the beautiful layout of this forum. I must admit that I'm missing a lot of old faces, but like in my case, other things take up so much of your time sometimes. Hopefully, they will drop in from time to time. I appreciate all that you have done in the past. I am especially glad to see that you are getting the financial support needed to run this HUGE forum. Moreover, I am glad that you did not do what you intended to do on May 1st. I felt you lengthen the time just for little ole me, but then I could be wrong. Regardless, I will be "showing" my appreciation in the way of becoming a premy next week. There is surely no other place on the net like it. Thanks

Joyce

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Haaaaaay Sister Joyce :wave: :wave: :wave:

We have just taken over Sister Da1whoownslife's thread !!! :huh: but love makes you do krazee thangz like this ... all in public, in the wrong place, just profess'n love and carrying on ... :) ... Ohhhh Sister, you've always been so encouraging, always said the nicest things when it comes to the community ... an honor to have you all these years. Yes, i think many of the old folk are still around, peeking in every now and then as time allows ... it's been some years ya know ... shoot ... folk dun problee got married, had babies, and all kind of carrying on ... :) ... i'm sure many of them will be back with us when their schedule allows.

Oh Sister, you read my letter huh ... whew ... that was hard ... but God has been so wonderfully good to us all the many years we've been here ... that it would be sinful for me to think otherwise now ... He has blessed us with a very wonderful Family, many new folk, walking right in the door and so impressed with our home, they become "Premies" ... lol ... guess you can tell i like that ... :wink: ... Thank you Sister for being willing to go above and beyond, it means so much to me, as you can imagine. It's been hard, but what aint hard in this life?! Thank You Sister Joyce ... just keep right on doing you 'cause we need our Joyce ... matter of fact Sister ... we have voice chat ... www.destee.com/chat ... you really must check it out ... the poets read live on the mic, we have great discussions, lots of love, just like here on the forum, only in real time, 24 / 7 ... uhhh ... but right now our chat is experiencing some technical difficulty that i'm sure will be resolved soon ... so come on in when you get a chance ... i'm almost always in there and you'll love it ... i know you will !!! :)

Thank You Sister!

:heart:

Destee

ps ... now back to our regularly scheduled thread topic ... hehehe ... :wink:

7. Da1whoownslife

Da1whoownslife Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for answering my question in this situation........... Now I feel more self-assured... :luv:

8. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56

That's great...that's what it's all about...love, compassion and NO condemnation.

9. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace....

My dear sista, know that the Most High is always by your side because of your strong faith in HIM. We all battle with shaytan (the devil) but as long as we place our faith in Allah (God), we will overcome. I've been there. It is not man's place to condemn or judge, that is up to Allah and He alone. Keep your thoughts on the Most High and focus.... don't worry, many have gone threw the same situation as yourself but as long as you strive to follow the Most High, victory is sure....

10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    To me, this isn't really a matter of does one have faith, but rather, will one keep His commands, with that faith? Will one be willing to do the works to keep that faith alive? For without works, faith doesn't live in the Father. You have it, but it's it doesn't have life it needs to go on forward. Remember, the Son said not all who call upon His Name speaking, "Lord Lord!" will be given the Kingdom of Heaven.

He knows there are many who believe in all which he has done by cleansing us of iniquity, and being resurrected from the dead the 3rd day, healing the sick, and casting out unclean spirits, but not many who will put in works to show they love what He has done and have a trust in the Father and He.

Not all are willing to deny themselves, so that they may be granted salvation, even if they believe in His works. There's so much one has to put in when following after the King, and we can't just be willing to go half at it because He didn't just go half for us, but fully through with it all. We need to be willing to do the same, in faith, even if it hurts!