Black People : Do I have to ...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Dew, May 15, 2010.

1. Dew

Dew New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    become a premium member to use the forum search or am I doing something wrong?

Dew

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Greetings and Welcome, Dew!:wave:

Yes, you have to be a [ame="http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26882"]Premium Member [/ame]to access the search!

Below is a link of the benefits for Premium Members:

[ame="http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26882"]Front Porch : Benefits of Premium Membership - Black People | African Americans | Destee[/ame]

:heart:

3. Dew

Dew New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    But..

I did read the advantages of becoming a premium member but unless I am able to post on a site and "search" the site for my post I have no way of knowing if I would benefit from becoming a premium member. I belong to many sites of various venues and the ability to search post was granted upon registering with the site. This enabled me to determine the value of the information on the site to me. When I visit your site I have to scroll thru hundreds of post to find my topic of interest. I like your site but having to pay for search privileges is a real turn off for me.
    Maybe allow non-premium members a limited search?

4. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I'm sorry for the inconvience this may have caused you, but it is what it is. We are humbled by those who are willing to help keep our home a living
    network on the world wide web in these hard economical times. The ability to search is only one way we can show our appreciation for our premium members support.

I'm sure if you take a little time, review present post, get familiar with the members here, you will be able to determine our value without diving into old post. And if there isn't a topic of interest at top, you are more than welcome to create one to allow all members to add their thoughts to. I must admit though, there has rarely ever been a complaint about members not being able to locate their post. This is not to say occasionally it doesn't happened. However, upon request, members have assisted others in finding posts.

Again, I apologize for any inconvience to you! I hope this small hurdle doesn't detour you from experiencing our value on the front lines.

5. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Also, if i'm not mistaken, you can subscribe to the threads you create to help keep track of posts being made.

Below is a link which explains how to do it:

http://destee.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_subscriptions

I hope this helps!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.