Black Spirituality Religion : Do i have to be rebaptised or not....I realy dont know?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by LibertyLady, May 29, 2003.

1. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    hello my name is libertylaida......and i have a serius question...
    before i continiu i want to say that i also ask this to other people..
    famaly and friends but i still havend found my answer.....maybe no one can answer it except for god....but i will give it a try
    .......because this thing it really ""ripping"" me apart....(realy you have no idee)

When i was a baby i,,ve been bapsist...
    i develop a personal relationschip...with god ...when i was yung child...
    now these days i know it has to grow srtonger ...and i have to read more other wise i will fall............
    but i,m just a human like everyone else...I also get Angry( Ooo wait untill you see me get angry....)
    i,m not an elite kid more a getto kid because at yung age i had to overcome some sharp trials.....
    but i always tryed to walk on gods path..(some of the people dicribed me as crazy...because i didnt smoke, do drugs,finish youre school,dont call youre parents names,be nice,love youre brotha,s and sisters,didnt do sex until i was bonded with one i wanted to chare my life with....and all that stuff)wich is not an eazy...Path

now this is the problem......
    these days i feel like i,m going to rip apart because...last years
    people came to me and said i have to be BApsist again......
    These where people who are preachers ..you know some are running the church......the know a lot about god and they believe...
    i was planning to to the rebaptising......
    and than other people with the same believe (i mean we talk about the the same jesus and god) say to me
    I dont have to be Baptised......

and even in my famaly there are two sides saying...
    YOU dont...
    and
    You do....
    i got in prayer about it to god.........
    first he said read the bibel...........
    so the descusion is........

as a baby ....when you get baptised you dont make the decision out of youre own......
    but as an grown adult you can.............
    now... i already now that even if you been baptist(as baby or adult) it is not a recomaning.....that you will go trought the gate of heaven..........only he knows and even some who believe wont will go...and some who do wont....at least thats what i read.......
    for expemple you just been bapsist ...and still choose to life youre like in the opposits direction....of how god realy wants you to live youre life.......(on wich also no one can judge you on...)
    you still have a prolem......

i also know that this thing i,m in .......the doubt of ...should i or should i not.................is a bad thing.(and i realy dont feel good ,somethimes its so worse that it is bringing me down that i come to a point where i say....lord i cant life like this ........and for those people who think DRAMA DRAMA.....yes it is ,, Drama)..because gods way is No doubt just one way.....and that is straight....

What do i do ...and was my baptising real when i was yung....
    some say it defenatly was...on how my walk is....you are a child of god? arent we all childeren of god?......?i,ve been trough some (trials and still )that i think...is it done right?
    its looks like the D is hunting me 24 aday?and i am tired...

Than people say dont listen to people......?
    but what about false pophets? and treu prophets ...what if the other is right and the other wrong?
    how will i know?
    so than the only selution is the holy word?
    so i read and read...let the holyspirit work?
    than i read about that we should bapsist?
    Johannes ..but i dont find anything about baby,s children?
    and how is the excect description on how it schould be down..

In a river?
    Holy water?

Help Help HElp ....................i,m drowning...
    lord please send you,re truth...........
    i know some of you will say.....
    god has the answers you dont trust enough......
    maybe.... maybe not..
    I,m i doing it right......?
    right now i dont because i,m not confadant and not happy because of this.....

and than others say it is not right cause than you doubt first the person who did it in holyness and god....................

where is it saying in the bibel ......can someone tell me?
    i mean if you should be babtised as a baby or as an grown..?

...............................................................a twisted poet....(i dont feel good i feel like they tide one arm at....a horse an the other arm on a nother horse...............and they are running they are running)really i,m serious

2. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    honestly, this question you are asking sounds a little too serious for you to be asking a bunch of strangers. i wouldnt trust the reply of an internet surfer for something this close to you.

you need to seek out a clergy in your religion.

3. LibertyLady

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    there are some good points you are saying....but on some points i,m not agree with

""you need to seek out a clergy in youre religion""

? i think you dont understand what my problem is....
    i dont expect enyone to understand....
    but i do believe that god uses al people as instruments...to guide the way .............. some good some bad
    yes...i dont trust people but i do trust god that he guides me
    and i believe you can learn from poeple in every kind of way good or bad..
    they are not a buch of strangers .....
    but they are strangers.....
    but they are my poetfamily........
    but one thing is right it is a serius question...
    and i am realy desparet..
    but like i said i already asked my blood famaly....
    they dont have the answers.......
    so i try
    stranger, baby ,kid,father mother ,......you can learn from everyone so thats why..
    i asked
    thanks for responding..
    much love

4. LibertyLady

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    oh i forgot...
    youre sigh...is beautifull
    Sigh means the picture right?

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    hi liberty I also dont have the answer you seek but would like to ask you something. By being baptised again what harm will this bring you? Would it not bring you peace within yourself? Say that it is right that once youre baptised as a baby you dont have to be again. If you do it again as an adult you will have a better understanding as an adult its purpose. even Jesus was baptised at age twelve and he was perfect. I was also told that it doesn't count as a baby because the sins of the child falls upon the parent until the child is twelve. once twelve our sins become our own. I dont think it could harm you to be baptised again but it is hurting you not knowing for sure. I pray that you find the right answers. my heart goes out to you because this is such a serious matter.

6. LibertyLady

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    moi!moi moi moi moi moi...hUGE HUGE HUGE.....moi... means i,m sending you a child kisses and hugs big hugs.....
    Thank you for undersdtanding that it is a serius matter....
    oh god blessings upon this person...
    was jezus baptised on age 12 wow..............i didnt know that

thank you puple moons i dont have the whole answer yet..but i,m feeling ...i,m moving more to it.....

O by the way i forgot guy,s I did finish my school......!
    thanks again puple...............and if you ever have a question that make you feel just like i did ....................dont be afraid to ask..
    much love liberty

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    LibertyLaida ... Haaaaaaaaay Sister :wave:

Let your Spirit be your guide. If you are feeling that God would be pleased by your being re-baptised, then do it. If you feel that God would not be pleased, then don't do it. There will be many times in a life when you don't know the answer and everyone is giving conflicting views ... but listen carefully to how your Spirit guides you ... and do the thing you think would be most pleasing to God. The way i figure it, you can't go wrong if you're doing what you believe is best ... because that's the most that any of us can do.

Congratulations on finishing school! :toast:

Stay focused Sister.

:heart:

Destee

8. LibertyLady

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    Moi moi MOI MOI MOI to you to dethee ...

thanks i did finish it already when i was 20.....but even for older people....its never to late.....
    still have to go for the big passing.......
    still in school ""life""
    hope to finish this one to

after life......
    ya know what i mean....
    much love libertylaida

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Re-baptizing? I believe one should always seek such a matter in the Father in the Name of the Son, since it is His redemption we seek after.

But just to add my thoughts to such a subject as I believe in the Father, I'll say, I think it depends. If one was baptized truly believing in the Most High, and the sacrifice of the Son for our iniquity and His resurrection and miracles, giving themselves over to the faith, keeping the commandments, forsaking all sin of the earth, to lead a righteous life, then later on, left off from the faith as if it were a small matter, then I think one couldn't be re-baptized.

But if it is a matter of when, such as being very young when you felt you hadn't truly taken the King into your heart, I can understand why you'd want to, but I don't believe it'd be necessary if you have taken to the Father when you became fully aware. It is a cleansing by the Father, not men and women, we should remember, so with the Father knowing you'd always come to His Way, He'd also know whether to truly take your baptism as something real or just a dunking in water.

And never forget, baptism comes in more than just the body, but the Spirit, as well. ;)

10. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +299
    God answers prayer. Pray that He helps you find the true church. Why would I make that point. Because there are many denominations, and they have different doctrines. Even the Baptist have different denominations among them, Missionary Baptist, American Baptist, and so it goes. The fact is that God is not divided in his doctrines. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism and one church with the fulness of truth in it.

You are doing the absolute right thing by searching. Listen to what everyone has to say in the different denominations of all the churches. Keep reading the scriptures, because the church that has it all, fulfillment in Christ of the Old Testament, and understanding of the pattern of the New Testament, that is the Lord's Church. There will not be anything left out. It will all be there and you will be able to understand. Keep searching, take your time. As the scriptures speak of it, it ALL has to be there in that church. Read through your scriptures again, and then again. Remember the Old Testament rituals are speaking and looking forward to the advent of Christ and His gospel. The Law was fulfilled in him. He made himself the sacrifice for us, so there is no more animal or blood sacrifice. It is obedience and Holy Spirit now. However, there is much in the Old Testament that still applies to Christ's church today. See if you can pick out what that would be. Read and ask for the Holy Spirit to teach you and you will get your answers. If you do this you will recognize the Truth when you see it compared to the scriptures.