Black Spirituality Religion : do i fit the profile?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by natty, Jun 18, 2007.

1. natty

natty Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

for years i've been studing the muslim world. I saw it through the eyes of the 5%, the nation of islam, and now sunni.

I am a sunni muslim, i took my shihidah in November 2006. I jump into the whole role of being a muslim, But after a month I backed up and realized that i made this move to quick. I love being a muslim, but i did it for the wrong reasons. i did it because the man i was in love with, is a muslism. I believed that doing this was going to bring us closer. It didn't actually it got worst with us. Me not knowing who i was played a big part in that. I knew the sunni world through this man and not on my own. He was my information source and i allowed him to control my knowledge of what the Prophet wanted from me.

Well I can honestly say those days are over. I am learning who i am on my own with the help of the Quran and ALLAH. I understand why i went through that journey and why ALLAH has chosen me. It's all still new to me, but im here to learn and live the way im suppose to. I am muslim becuse I want to be.

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hello and Welcome Natty!:wave:

You will encounter many beings here who are also on the road
    of self discovery. Learning more about me has been an exciting,
    amazing, and sometimes, heartening journey, but it has brought
    me so much food for growth. I just keep wanting more and more.

Love and Blessings on your self-discovery path!

:heart:

3. natty

natty Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    THANKS

:spinstar:
    Thank you. It took me along time and to this day i still battle with the devil on moving forward. Over the years I have met many people who saw in me what i could never see or maybe was to wrapped up in my own bull to see."A strong, loving, giving, spirit, who just needed to be told that every now and again. I don't believe people realize that. That some of us need to be told what others see in us. I mean Allah has told me plenty of times and as most of us do I didn't pay any attention until he sent me signs. Some good alot bad.
    I can honestly say my journey is a struggle but im going to see it through. Allah has my back.

4. Zacharias

Zacharias Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    As Salaamu Alaykum

If I May

Overstand something ok Before you accept any belief' -system , Keyword here ANY be it white man's or the Nubians you must check the HISTORY / CULTURE Etc Etc. of said belief . Also check out the back ground of the TEACHER and at any time your not allow to question the Teacher , Meaning His / Hers teaching they're are hideing some things . Beware of those who say they have the TRUTHS , rather they're White or Nubian . No Mortal can judge you . Nor can the so-called God / Goddess who walk this Planet judge you . Because they're are Agree-able & Disagree -able God / Goddess Overstand .If you want to be a Muslims . Be Muslim . Don't let anyone come and tell you what you should or shouldn't be . The only one who can judge you is the Creator . NO ONE ELSE . Beware of the Wolf's Overstand . Your D.N.A. EXPLOSION Will GUIDE Where you should me .