Black People : Do / Did You Give Black People Special Consideration Where You Work?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Since we all want Obama to give us some special consideration, i'm wondering, do you give special consideration to Black People on your job? Surely, if it's good enough for him to do, to stand for us ... because we're due some extra ... i'd imagine you're already doing it.

Do you give special consideration to Black People on your job?

The first job i ever had, was at the neighborhood grocery store ... the corner store ... less than a block from my home. I was so happy to have been asked to work there after school! The man that gave me the job, Mr. Webb, a white man ... pulled me to the side one afternoon, from amongst my friends, and asked me if i wanted to work with him after school! I was way geeked! It was so exciting! One of the best jobs i ever had. I worked the front counter, the register, while he worked in the deli part, making sandwiches, cutting meat, etc. He trusted me. He liked me. We never had a problem. Then he sold the store to another white man.

I wasn't working 2 weeks for him, before he fired me, saying i was not charging some of the Black People for their candy, chips, and stuff. There was no sense in arguing with him about it, he had made his decision. He had daughters that could work there, and really didn't need me ... but the accusation hurt my heart, cause i wasn't doing that.

This system has built in features, that give us all to know, we can't give no special treatment to our own ... it's built in.

But if you have figured out a way to do this on your job, please tell us about it.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    what is this about?

the 50% of his voters who are white and progressive are the ones who are upset about Obamas actions that echo Ronald Reagan.

Most Black folks could care less, even though we bear the brunt of those actions

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    The question is pretty simple and straightforward.

Do or did you give Black People special consideration on your job? If so, in what capacities.

If you're still lost, don't know what this is about, post in a thread you do understand.

:heart:

Destee

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    so why mention the president?

5. nixprophet

nixprophet Psalms 82:6 MEMBER

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    IMHO.. The best way to do this is to OWN your own Business and incorporate these ideologies into your business Model....

I work with Arabs and these in particular deal with Blacks before Whites in the work place... The only way to really deal with these types of situations is to be Independent and/or surround yourself with Like Minded individuals ( employer / employees / target market if you are an entrepreneur yourself )

Peace.. Peace..

6. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    i dont work but personally i would give blacks an exception excluding my family n maybe a close friend or 2

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    personally No.......I treat all and every customer the same , if you give that one
    you should give all and your be out of bussiness but what i give was prices so
    affordable so my own people could have and enjoy good merchandise
    this was my way of giving back to my own in a way.....

That's just like here i will treat everyone the same with the upmost respect
    and i don't favor no one person over the other it's how mangement is conducted
    just like politics it's already controled and set we just the the voices to whom we
    want to see sit atop.......
    your never please everyone but the base of supporters will
    complaint but will continue to follow

again change starts within self from inside to out

8. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I work in a bookstore, and I wouldn't say that I give special treatment, as long as you are nice and kind to me, you get the same in return. Even if you aren't so polite, you still get good service. I probably talk a little more with the brothers and sisters that come into the store....but I wouldn't say they get special treatment.

9. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    No joke here, as much as I love black people, not all black people are deserving, even though they think they are and you should be on board. Some people are all about self and use the whole "You are black, I am black, we should team up" thing for their own advantage. I am most definitely more pulled towards my people, no joke, but my mom did not raise a fool either.

10. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I would have to say No........NOW, if you are a good looking brotha I may LOL