Black Spirituality Religion : DO DEMONS EXIST?

Some People speak about deceased relatives coming to "visit" them or "haunt" them, when in fact, it is not that relative but, a Demon.

How do you go about distinguishing a "demon" from a dark-deceased(troubled)relative or ancestor? Do you think that it is possible that maybe a beneficent ancestor could visit an embodied loved one? Do you think that it is beneficial to set up a ancestral shrine to honor and nourish ones deceased relatives?

Rasembi Aunk, now that is a very strong question, and perhaps the same question that started this conversation for me and others.

How do we go about distinguishing a "Demon" so-called, from a dark deceased relative or Ancestor?

I'm really enjoying the perspectives and stories on this thread, so I'll share another to give an example.

I know an entire family who became Jehovah's Witnesses after going through a very rough supernatural ordeal for about 4-5 years. It was because of this family that I learned that in some states you can actually get out of a mortgage if you can prove your home is haunted. I found that very odd that such laws exist, especially for people who often deny the presence or existence of such?

Well, the Mother told me the story about the first year when she married her Husband and they moved into a new home and decided to start raising children. He had 2 children from a previous relationship, and she had 1, and they decided to start on more children together.

About a 3-4 months or so, she tells the story that strange things started happening. Like sounds coming from the basement. Moans, cries in the middle of the night. At first, naturally- they thought it was the children. Yet sometimes these noises would happen in the day time- when the children were at school. Then other things started happening, like books flying off the shelves, or shadows appearing on the wall while the family was in the living watching television.

It's true, it doesn't take much to scare most Black folks. And in time, they were moving. The Husband and Wife didn't say much about it, it was common sense so they moved to a second house in about a year or so.

In the next house it was the same deal, but even worse. Some of the children were waking up with scratches. Having terrible dreams about shadows fighting with them. By this time the Wife was pregnant and afraid. Thinking of course that all this was bad luck, and that every house they moved in was haunted. So, they moved into a 3rd house.

Same deal in the 3rd house. Finally, a friend suggested that they join a Church. The Husband was not very religious at all, and really neither was the Wife- so they comprised and became Jehovah's Witnesses. She said one night it sounded like a block party going on downstairs in the kitchen. The Husband and Wife ran out, using the name of Jehovah, and even some biblical quotes. They calmed down, for awhile. But every now and then something would happen.

Eventually she says, a friend of a friend came over and blessed the place. She told me she wasn't sure what religion this person was, but it worked. She mentioned oils, some foreign language and smoke. That doesn't sound like tools of JWs at all.

I figured she told me the story to capture my intrigue, but honestly she wanted an explanation. How is it possible for all of those homes to be haunted, who is that unlucky? When she asked the question, I heard the answer. It reminds of something Elder Bobby Hemmitt mentioned in one of his videos. Spirits and Ancestors try to contact us all the time, and because we are no longer as familiar as we used to be with the spirit world we think of these entities as "ghosts" dark shadows, and even Demons. When actually, the noises, the frames falling off the wall, the cries etc., are them trying to get our attention. "Sometimes" that seems to be the case.

Now, in this Woman's case- later on, her story became even more interesting. While she is still married to her Husband, and they are still raising children together. She later found out that he led a very troubled life as a Teenager. He was involved in several gangs, and spent time in jail for murder at the age of 16- something she did not learn until after the so-called hauntings.

So now, we have to think about these things logically, or at least try. Cries and moans coming from the basement? Your children waking up with mysterious scratches? Books flying off the shelves, shadows on the wall? You get the house "blessed" and these events stop?

These spirits do not sound like Ancestors, but they do sound like something seeking revenge. And if the Father did some unspoken crimes, even murder- it's possible this spirit follows him, trying to take from him what he took already - life.

rasembi aunk said:
Some People speak about deceased relatives coming to "visit" them or "haunt" them, when in fact, it is not that relative but, a Demon.

How do you go about distinguishing a "demon" from a dark-deceased(troubled)relative or ancestor? Do you think that it is possible that maybe a beneficent ancestor could visit an embodied loved one? Do you think that it is beneficial to set up a ancestral shrine to honor and nourish ones deceased relatives?

The truth of the matter is, when we die, we are conscious of nothing at all. To quote Genesis 3:19"...For dust you are and to dust you will return...", anything thats supposed to be dead but ain't dead making appearances is Demonic-there ain't nothing positive about that!. Sometimes, they (the demons) are able to fool or trick people into believing that, they appear in the form of the dead loved one, give them a couple of "signs" or visions, and trick that person into believing that they are saving their lives or causing them financial Wealth and so on. And how do you distinguish a Demon from a dark or deceased relative?, I put it to you this way, people tend to separate the two as if they are two different entities, when they are in fact, the same. ANYTHING that is "Dark" originates with the Devil, God is light, the Devil is Dark. Think about it.

Do I think that it's beneficial? No, I don't. For one, they are not alive-how can you "nourish" something that is Dead?. Two, I believe in honoring them in my memory and remembrance of them. Three, I don't want to keep quoting the Bible but, Jehovah warned us against Ancestral Worship, so, that is another reason as to why I refrain from it.

MetaSaience said:
Rasembi Aunk, now that is a very strong question, and perhaps the same question that started this conversation for me and others.

How do we go about distinguishing a "Demon" so-called, from a dark deceased relative or Ancestor?

I'm really enjoying the perspectives and stories on this thread, so I'll share another to give an example.

I know an entire family who became Jehovah's Witnesses after going through a very rough supernatural ordeal for about 4-5 years. It was because of this family that I learned that in some states you can actually get out of a mortgage if you can prove your home is haunted. I found that very odd that such laws exist, especially for people who often deny the presence or existence of such?

Well, the Mother told me the story about the first year when she married her Husband and they moved into a new home and decided to start raising children. He had 2 children from a previous relationship, and she had 1, and they decided to start on more children together.

About a 3-4 months or so, she tells the story that strange things started happening. Like sounds coming from the basement. Moans, cries in the middle of the night. At first, naturally- they thought it was the children. Yet sometimes these noises would happen in the day time- when the children were at school. Then other things started happening, like books flying off the shelves, or shadows appearing on the wall while the family was in the living watching television.

It's true, it doesn't take much to scare most Black folks. And in time, they were moving. The Husband and Wife didn't say much about it, it was common sense so they moved to a second house in about a year or so.

In the next house it was the same deal, but even worse. Some of the children were waking up with scratches. Having terrible dreams about shadows fighting with them. By this time the Wife was pregnant and afraid. Thinking of course that all this was bad luck, and that every house they moved in was haunted. So, they moved into a 3rd house.

Same deal in the 3rd house. Finally, a friend suggested that they join a Church. The Husband was not very religious at all, and really neither was the Wife- so they comprised and became Jehovah's Witnesses. She said one night it sounded like a block party going on downstairs in the kitchen. The Husband and Wife ran out, using the name of Jehovah, and even some biblical quotes. They calmed down, for awhile. But every now and then something would happen.

Eventually she says, a friend of a friend came over and blessed the place. She told me she wasn't sure what religion this person was, but it worked. She mentioned oils, some foreign language and smoke. That doesn't sound like tools of JWs at all.

I figured she told me the story to capture my intrigue, but honestly she wanted an explanation. How is it possible for all of those homes to be haunted, who is that unlucky? When she asked the question, I heard the answer. It reminds of something Elder Bobby Hemmitt mentioned in one of his videos. Spirits and Ancestors try to contact us all the time, and because we are no longer as familiar as we used to be with the spirit world we think of these entities as "ghosts" dark shadows, and even Demons. When actually, the noises, the frames falling off the wall, the cries etc., are them trying to get our attention. "Sometimes" that seems to be the case.

Now, in this Woman's case- later on, her story became even more interesting. While she is still married to her Husband, and they are still raising children together. She later found out that he led a very troubled life as a Teenager. He was involved in several gangs, and spent time in jail for murder at the age of 16- something she did not learn until after the so-called hauntings.

So now, we have to think about these things logically, or at least try. Cries and moans coming from the basement? Your children waking up with mysterious scratches? Books flying off the shelves, shadows on the wall? You get the house "blessed" and these events stop?

These spirits do not sound like Ancestors, but they do sound like something seeking revenge. And if the Father did some unspoken crimes, even murder- it's possible this spirit follows him, trying to take from him what he took already - life.

I am also thinking that it could have possibly been something that they had in their own possession, something that they were unaware of. Think about it, if those "bad spirits" were following him, why would they wait until he got a family and got married to start harassing him?. People really fail to realize that inanimate objects received from folks that practiced witchcraft or performed Seances and the like, can trigger Demon problems. Somethng so simple as a pencil or a non-related book. As much as I'm into our African Culture, we even have to watch the type of Tribal Masks that we bring into our homes as decoration. Those masks can represent a Spirit or God, or, may have been used in a Spiritual Ritual celebrating the Dead. We really have to be mindful Fam'...But something tells me that your friend had an item that she wasn't aware of that caused their demon problems. Especially if, after relocating three different times and STILL no Luck......And Yes, you are right as regards the teachings of the Witness's. Jehovahs Witnesses DO NOT practice "Blessing" anything, they ask for Jehovahs "Blessing" in prayer, but thats about it. They don't go to peoples houses and expel demons-they don't have that power, only Jehovah does.

1hotvirgowoman said:
In answer to your question: Yes they do!. Thing is, they were originally Spirits who served as Jehovahs servants. Their "Anger" or Agression came when they were kicked out of his Heavenly Kingdom for siding with Satan the Devil, at the time he was not known as this. To quote 1Peter 5:8 "The Devil walks about like a roaring Lion, seeking to devour someone" he knows that he has a short period of time on this Earth and so, with that in mind, he, along with his minions (demons) are at work causing Disharmony, Pain, Suffering and Death. Some People speak about deceased relatives coming to "visit" them or "haunt" them, when in fact, it is not that relative but, a Demon. What people fail to realize is that by getting involved in Witchcraft and the like, they are actually opening doors for the Demons. I'm not sure who it was that posted the story on their Girlfriend being possessed, but, he also stated that she was involved in Witchraft, could also be the reason why nothing was able to stay alive in that apartment, if not, bad house keeping. My Mom tends to have really good Intuition when it comes to paranormal activity. She and I would frequent different thrift stores when I was younger and sometimes, she would leave a certain area, I'd ask her "Why?" she would reply "that something wasn't right over there", those sensitivities would give her sudden physical headaches and dizziness until she would exit that area. Aint that something!. I, however did not inherit that gift. lol, Nope. But, I have had a couple of experiances myself with the Demons, She has as well. No-I don't practice witchcraft and has NEVER even picked up a book on it. Why would they mess with me? I don't know. But, I'll tell you one thing, be careful of what you receive from other Human Beings, due to the fact that you may be receiving something from someone who DOES practice or dabble with Witchcraft or the like. That "residue" does linger onto inanimate objects, you bring it into your home unknowingly and then, you can't explain why you're having the evil thoughts that you're having, or why you can't sleep at night because of "noises" being made, or why everyone seems so hostile in your household. Trust me, they DO exist and they are nothing to be played with!. Should you EVER be troubled by an Demonic Influence you could ALWAYS call on the name of Jehovah. The Demons hear this name and they Shudder. He is OUR as well as THEIR Creator. Almighty and Powerful. OUR Protector. Trust me on this, say his name and they will leave you be. I hope that this has helped someone in need. It sure a heck helped me.

. . . And so this is based on what? the bible? please . . . .:SuN016:

I hate when people steeped in their own religiosity try to define across the board what spiritual experiences with other entities should be like and people should avoid these encounters . . .

I've had many astral projection / out of body experiences including visitations by other spirit beings.

In all of my spiritual experiences, I've NEVER had or been in contact with a demon.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back