Black Spirituality Religion : DO DEMONS EXIST?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    A Demon is a spirit, that chooses to linger along the earth plane, long after the destruction of it's physical body, causing mischief, at times provoking the thoughts of man, taunting them, haunting them, whispering in their ear at night. They can possess the weak, they can manipulate their bodies as puppets. They feed off negative vibrations, they enjoy blood that has been spilled in the name of hatred, anger and rage. The strongest of them were once mighty Kings and rulers and Lords. Especially those who died still holding a vengeance, a regret, an envy, a disgust for living. They are composed of our ugliest parts. All horrible crimes can be traced back to a guilty soul lingering in the shadows, invisible, but ever present. Demons have a keen instinct for, and interest in- Human weakness. Any Human weakness, these spirits will use to dominate the will of man. Therefore, our greatest strength, is knowing our weakness- guarding it and protecting it and never allowing that lesser part of our being to be used to persuade us.

But do Demons really Exist?

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    it's possible i guess because i've met some mean spirited folks in my life,heck even as a child there were kids who were just mean for no apparent reason so maybe they are possessed by demons because they act like it.

3. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    This subject is interesting, I think it will more stimulating with some critical thinking. And confronting some tough questions about it.
    If such beings exist, how can or do they affect anything thing on a physical level.

Are these beings physical at all?

We are aware of how we experience our reality, if we could some what imagine if we didn't have eyes, ears, nerves to touch, smell or taste we would be drastically limited of sensing anything outside our bodies.

So what would a being with no physical body sense?

Are there bodies or vessels other than physical for consciousness to perceive from?

Why would a being with no body want to cause mischief in the physical realm? Or in other words what's in it for them?

Thanks brotha for bringing this subject to the table

Hotep

:SuN003:

4. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Demons are based on myths or mythology teaching. The myths symbolize unbalance in the human characteristics.:spin:

5. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Whether we call them bad intentions, or literally take them to be sentient beings, there are clearly some _things_ that influence people to do some truly horrible things. It is difficult for me to accept that a man could kidnap a child and rape or murder him or her --- unless that man has opened up his BMI [Body/Mind/Intellect] to the influence of whatever these demons are.

As with the various myths surrounding Dracula and Lucifer, these demons can only enter into your house if you invite them in. And, note, it is common for esoteric systems to refer to your BMI as your house and your senses as the gates to your house.

When you live a life focused on fulfilling sensual desires [ego, lust, hate, anger, greed, jealousy, rage] you effectively open up the gates of your house and invite in these demons. Once your house becomes infested with them, in the worst of cases, it might be necessary to bring in a professional exterminator [aka, exorcist].

6. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Mental illness or delusion can be considered as a demonic behavior. :pool:

7. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Or it could be the other way around. Demonic possession could just as easily be classified as mental illness or delusion if approached by someone whose paradigm perceives things that way. It's all about paradigms and interpretations of phenomenon.

I remember in 1999 my sister unwittingly bought a Pokemon doll for her daughter. Even before I had ever heard of Pokemon I knew something evil was present in the apartment I shared with her and I knew it had something to do with a doll. One night things came to a head. My sister was beating up on her husband who was holding her back to keep her from beating up on me. Even my 3 year old niece was screaming and throwing her toys at her parents. Watching my sister and her husband bickering was unreal. This was not a natural anger. The only way I can adequately describe what I saw would be to take your eyeballs back eight years ago. Even I got some of that spirit, went into the bathroom and ripped down the shower curtain I had bought for them and threw it outside. But it did not possess me as much as it did them. Finally I barricaded by bedroom door with my bed and in the morning climbed out the window with my suitcase and no idea where I was going.

One may interpret my experience to fit into any number of paradigms. It's like gravity. One may argue valiantly about what it is, what it's not. what causes it or what doesn't cause it, but the bottom line is no matter what conclusion you finally decide to go with, if you don't have anything between you and the ground you better be able to fly.

8. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    This is indeed a very fascinating topic. Much critical thinking is indeed necessary here. When I was younger I used to roll my eyes at family members who had these bizarre stories about "Demons" and evil spirits. I always thought these stories were married to the Christian doctrine alone, or that they were the result of religious story telling, tales between good and evil.

With our eyes tuned into just one frequency, there is so much going on around us that we cannot see, and even consciously we refuse to see. And even then it not just about physical sight, but understanding, there are things that can take place that are obvious but we can be unwilling to acknowledge.

For example, if we do indeed believe in the soul or the spirit, and we believe in its flight and path out of the body after death- have we considered what the killing of innocent people does? What about War? Bombings of millions of people? What happens when these souls leave their bodies? Are they happy to leave? Or are they filled with hatred for their murderers?

A Demon is usually a spirit filled with vengeance. They are carrying a grudge about something, and in a sense they are made by War. Some type of interior or exterior conflict creates them. Even in the cases of mental illnesses, which possessions can be diagnosed as such. Split personalities, Bi-polar conditions- all of which can be the result of the internal battles inside the Parents, and between Parents.

What would possess are grown Man to eat the flesh of another Human being when there is a super market right down the street? Or the rape of young children. Or the genocide of millions? The White race has a long rap sheet. Serial killers aren't that uncommon for them. Mass murder is not that uncommon for them. Would we call them easy to possess? Would we say they are themselves in fact, Humanity's greatest weakness? Can we also say, that they possess us also?

If this is true, what is possessing them in order to get to us? Why are we so envied as a people?

9. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Greetings MetaSaience!

Man....I can think two distinct situations, one where I SAW one with my OWN eyes...and once my mother who SAW "something" in a man she was involved with.

My story would be to long for detailing in this format tho, I KNOW WHAT I SAW!
    It was a white female who, after creating discord and dissent amongest the staff in a program I was invovled in I turned to look at her...and THERE IT WAS...creeping off. It/she looked strikingly similar to the image of YURUGU which is on the cover of Dr. Ani's book by the same name.

The situation my mother described as she recounts the story involving a domestically violent relationship and on one occassion, she swears she looked at him and saw "something evil".
    I believe Malcolm X..."blond haired, blue-eyed".....devils.

In terms of "mental illness"....
    I sense they [white folk] have been AFFECTED by Our Spirits or Cultural Asili and We in turn have been INFECTED by theirs.

This is why there seems to be some "good white people"...they have been feeding off our SPIRITS....and we..
    have been force fed thier sick, crazy ideological thinking and behaving.

Now...who can tell one from the other. Makes ere'body suspect of being "evil" and having "evilness" in them. I don't buy that.

M.E.

:hearts2:

10. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    My point is that the word "demon" is symbolic and it is not a real person or spirit in reality. My paradigm or perception of the word “demon” is based on the mythology teaching in which symbolize an unbalance personality. The word “demon” is use today as a metaphorical term, but it's not considered to be literal.
    :pc: