Pets / Animals : Do Cats Get Bathed, Like Dogs?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I've never owned a cat, but am wondering, do they get bathed like dogs?

I've never seen or heard tell of anyone bathing their cat.

Does that happen? Do cats let their owners bathe them in water?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

I don't think its right to bathe a cat. I think their body will try its best to reject the water. Of course it can be done but I don't think its right because of how their body reacts from fear. You will be lucky if they don't scratch your eyes out with anger LOL

I m going to assume Cats bathe themselves clean from licking themselves.

Greetings Sister Destee...

I've had both cats and dogs..and my answer would be NO!!!! Not unless u have had your cat de-clawed and that is not a wise move. The claws as you know are for protection and climbing. It is true that cats don't like water. They will avoid it when ever possible. But u still can clean your cat...there are cleaners that can be used. Most come in a pressurized can that foam up. When used it both deodorize and frees the cat of bugs..it's bushed in to reach the skin...then wiped off. Be advised the first thing your cat is going to want to do is go outside and play in the grass or dirt. But the foam will keep away any bugs they might pick up. Again this should not be used too often as it will dry out the skin.

The same can be used in the winter for dogs..as it is often too cold to wash a dog then.

Lilpea...:1on1:

Yes, you can bathe a cat, but at your own risk even if they haven't been de-clawed! LOL Talk about feral...whew...lol There are obvious signs they display when they are upset and about to act stupid. Pay particular attention to when their ears flatten out, their eyes glaze over and they growl. That's not a time when you want to be near them. lol

Actually, lilpea, I have cats that like water, which I find interesting.

I'm agreeing NNQueen. Yes you have to be extra careful when bathe'n a cat. I have been bit and scratched for doing this. My kids when they was young spray painted our grey tomcat, Buster green. It took me forever to get that paint off of him and each time i was scratched and bit. Bad a'z kids i had back then. LOL..