Black People : DO BROTHERS HAVE A PROBLEM WITH KWANZAA?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Today is the second day of Kwanzaa and it seems as though only the sisters were really interested in the principle of the first day;
    UMOJA

UNITY,

I had assumed that there would at least be a discussion regarding the common good but it seems as though that has become a dead issue.

The old timers no longer post and those that do zoom in on this Christian bashing ish, which is fine and comendable, since everyone has a right to thier analysis and prejudices as well, but with all the Hell the Black community will be facing from coast to coast and border to border, and wherever we are on the planet, will get worse,
    with the rising unemployment, in some cities 50%

with the number of folks who will face foereclosures

with the condition of the education system in innercity schools, and the government trying to railroad our children to be cannon fodder for wars of imerialism

with the drugs that run like water in our neighborhoods and the rise in gang memberships and high school drop out rates,

why do so many feel the need to post over an over and over and over and over about this one little issue?

As if Malcolm X was a fool for telling us to not let religion divide us??

where in the Hell are we going for 2010???

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    We as a people who is indeed very divided , we have to come to a common ground of unity
    bonding as a people beyond the foolishness of self dividing because our Religion/beliefs
    I take pride in any standard good/tradition of history we have set forth like Kwanzaa and
    it's values.
    I don't think Malcolm was wrong but spoke truth that we shouldn't allow different
    beliefs / religions and so forth become a major hardship for us but let it become growth
    to our people to learn all sides of belief and the religions we endure and take part in
    we should not bash another but try to understand respectfully and overstand there
    living religion
    this would help us know all sides beyond compare and fulfill us with a wider scope of knowledgable wisdom

Kwanzaa seven principles each carry a meaning that touch base in our daily living and lives
    we yet to learn da common goods of these principles but we are making marks as a whole
    we have to become our own black market against the high rate of unempolyment by networking
    building our own empolyment / taking back these neighborhood corner stores / beauty supply stores
    and supporting us in full , finding solutions to many of our self inflicted problems of hardship
    poverty and struggles
    the attack on each other have to be soughted through understanding those principles
    we yet to come to terms on these thingsmay be why it seem we don't care.
    As an African American and Pan-African holiday celebrated by us throughout the world African
    community, Kwanzaa brings a cultural message which speaks to the best of what it means to
    be African and human in the fullest sense. Given the profound significance Kwanzaa has for
    African Americans and indeed, the world African community, we have to know all of it's common
    good for us as a people and the true account of its origins, concepts, values, symbols and practice.

Umoja -------------Unity
    is where we should strive to this united bond in our family / communities / nation/ race
    of all black people no matter beliefs/religions

Kujichagulia----------self determination
    we really need to realize the value of this as a people and learn how to define self
    speak for not just self but us as a whole and create the goods

Ujima-----------------Collective work & Responsibility
    we yet have come to terms here and accept our full responsibilities and the facts
    to accept brother's & sister's problems as our problem and work collectively to solving
    them.

Ujamaa----------------Cooperative Economics
    we have failed to do so because how we are divided , but a change coming once we
    relate to the value of our poor economics we need to be supportive here against our
    self hardship

Nia-------------------Purpose
    If we can stop self hating against each other and apply self to rebuild the traditional
    values of greatness we could become more of a rock then a grain of sand, we need
    to know our purpose here.

Kuumba--------------Creativity
    creativity we are in the means harmful this wasn't what this principle teach
    we need to do as much as we can to restore our inheritage and it's beauty
    da value of such inherited morals , we're creativity individual yet collective

Imani------------------Faith
    No matter our belief/religion in which we stand under, we should take that faith
    and believe that each other is for the good and righteousness, the only way to
    beat our struggle .....Faith is our victory

These things i strongly work toward and hold high i don't think brothers forgotten
    they care and yes have t5here own way of showing it or expressing it , we just
    not there yet none of us as a whole but we are on path , some time it take to post
    again and again and again to get the message out or to get it well overstood ,it's on
    us people like me and you to beat the streets beyond fear to talk to gangs / dealers
    and whatever else that's killing the true morals of us as a people and try making a change
    the first line is starting with self embedding a heart of love respect and unioty then reach
    out and surely the load will become less and more brothers and sisters will come to
    understanding the principles and what they mean to themselves and us as a people.

3. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I have a problem with any holiday like this.
    The principles of Kwanzaa I try to live everyday of my life since I became aware. That includes thanksgiving, christmas and the likes. I simply do not take a few selected days of the year to experience & display them. I try to do it 24/7/365.
    So I guess my problem is not with them per se, but how they're used.

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I understand your position, and being so far from our traditional, West African holidays and festivals, living in the onlynation in the world that has no culture and has robbed us of ours, holidays here have become at times drunk and glutton fests.
    And unlike some here your posts give information on a wide range of subjects and cause us to question where we are going on the pertinent issues facing our community, however, I have noticed exclusively amongst our brothers, folks who zoom in on the attack of one religion, which has many present aspects persued by the hypocrates that claim it that should be attacked.
    If they feel deep down that that religion is dead, why play the vulture or the hyena, and feed on it?
    as opposed to presenting an alternative spirituality, as Karega did with the holiday Kwanzaa to circumvent and evetually replace Christmas.
    But these brothers do not and will not post on any other issue dealing with the constant attacks on our community, and honestly folks have the right to post what they want or not but it gets wierd when there seems to be an agenda, rather then a focus on defense and rebuilding the community localy and globaly.

How do we define ourselves or name ourselves in the spirit of KUJICHAGULIA if we are at each others throats while the community burns down and no one is bringing thewater but the sisters?

Where is the Self Determination in that?

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I understand your position, and being so far from our traditional, West African holidays and festivals, living in the onlynation in the world that has no culture and has robbed us of ours, holidays here have become at times drunk and glutton fests.
    And unlike some here your posts give information on a wide range of subjects and cause us to question where we are going on the pertinent issues facing our community, however, I have noticed exclusively amongst our brothers, folks who zoom in on the attack of one religion, which has many present aspects persued by the hypocrates that claim it that should be attacked.
    If they feel deep down that that religion is dead, why play the vulture or the hyena, and feed on it?
    as opposed to presenting an alternative spirituality, as Karega did with the holiday Kwanzaa to circumvent and evetually replace Christmas.
    But these brothers do not and will not post on any other issue dealing with the constant attacks on our community, and honestly folks have the right to post what they want or not but it gets wierd when there seems to be an agenda, rather then a focus on defense and rebuilding the community localy and globaly.

How do we define ourselves or name ourselves in the spirit of KUJICHAGULIA if we are at each others throats while the community burns down and no one is bringing thewater but the sisters?

Where is the Self Determination in that?

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    If the approach continues to be:

"I'm right, and only those who are wrongheaded wouldn't follow my lead" is the nature of your agendas and your politics, etc., only the already converted will, and you'll never win over many new ones...

:10500:

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    yup......

thats what happened to any chance of unity. ego killed it.

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    what kind of fumes have you been sniffing bro, you meant to tell me that oe person can control or try to lead the millions of folks that practice Kwanzaa around the world?

but same old Chuck will be crying about the posts of others into the new year, happy holiday and guess what one day you will actually have something constructive and life giving to add to Destee

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    what kind of fumes have you been sniffing bro, you meant to tell me that oe person can control or try to lead the millions of folks that practice Kwanzaa around the world?

but same old Chuck will be crying about the posts of others into the new year, happy holiday and guess what one day you will actually have something constructive and life giving to add to Destee

10. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Chuck:

Yes...

I do hope you grow up one day...

But...

I'd rather pray that the same criticisms which have been directed my way get equally applied to you too...

You're all arrogence and egoism bred of other ideas etc. which you come across as merely considering a means to your ends...

The issue is how fake you come across--not how real others who do continue to follow those of Kwanza--or you'd be doing--not just talking--not seeking out scapegoats--truly seeking solutions to the issues and problems we face--as individuals--and as a people...

I just did and do suggest what contnues to be important and relevant and significant-- to some--just isn't to all of our people--these days--hence a need and a want to find new means and ways to get across that they too need to get involved--as in --via different ones...

You may well feel and think you're just get your way by hogging the stage(s):

I feel and think you may well get booed off of them eventually anyhow...

And I'm not going anywhere either!

LOL