Black People : do blacks believe in white supremacy?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Feb 2, 2005.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    judging from the volume and flavor of posts by blacks, i sometimes wonder if blacks do believe that other ethnics are better than we are.
    even the nationalists seem to spend a lot of energy saying "nigas ain't sh*t if they do not believe as i do".

i know of no other ethnic that spends so much time publicly beating up on itself.

why do we?

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace James,

I believe that we have been made into copycats or parrots. So the slave says what he has heard massa say so many times before. If we don't seek to find out who & what we truly were & are, then we will not be able to "excuse the expression" but "think outside of the box".

No other ethnicities speak like this because they are ALL taught from birth of their roots and culture. Blacks are taught the culture & religions of thier slave master to the point that they are totally removed from self & make statements like "I ain't no Afrikan, don't be calling me no Ethipian" not knowing that this is one of the best names on Earth. we would rather call ourselves by an Italian gangsta name than be called Shaka Zulu or Mansa Musa & Hannibal because we have lost the knowledge of who we are. Sadly, not too many of us outside of this site or this month feel it is really worth finding.

"knowledge is the lost property of the believer"

peace

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    The fact of the matter is: We have truly been molded into the white man's image, whether we like it or not, whether we see it or not. It is a shame how we will sit here and accept that by saying, "it is the way of the world." A true group of people would be fighting to get what they deserve. It goes right back to that "getting a job with a white name" thread. Our names our true, and powerful, our slave names are ridiculous.

As a matter of fact, I was just thinking about the fact that if a brotha is on the job with another brotha, and they tell each other what to do (mis-interpreting the meaning of working together), one of the brothas is going to end up saying, "You ain't my boss, you don't tell me what to do." But then when the white manager comes and says to both, "Do this, do that", he gets nothing else but, "Yes sir, okay, it will be done." WHY DO WE DO THIS? I cannot stand the way we have looked at the white man and anyone other than ourselves as the superior. We need a cure.

CD

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    the q is does ever black/afrikan person go throught this phase in life. i 4 one remember a time when i was brainwashed. influencedby media and , fictional scholastics. i was never totally gone, but i did have traces of a complex in my system. how many others out there were once duped but then woke up?>

with that sauid is it necessary 4 a black person to change their birth name from european lexicon to something afrikan or afrikan american??

5. Prizefighter16

Prizefighter16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I don't have to believe in white supremacy, because it exists. I do not evaluate other ethnicity, only my own. I do have respect for other cultures, but I would never hold any over mine. I am more critical when discussing my race, because I am a part of it. I do not bash the issues we have, however, or blow it out of proportion, making us sound ignorant as a culture, (we all know the old comedian who did that for us) but I will be honest about the things we all need to do. It's an individual problem, as well as a collective. maybe that's why we haven't moved up, but instead are pushing down.

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    In my humble opinion, correct me family if I am wrong, but I think the reason why we were stripped of our identities were because Europeans could not not handle speaking Afrikaan! Our names were too powerful and too challenging. I'm telling you, as soon as I earn my degrees in Brainwash University, it is right back to the true roots.

CD

7. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    my question was not asking if white supremacy exists or if it was valid.
    my question was do Negroes believe that Whites and Asians are superior?

we frequently use these groups as examples of how things should be done.
    i even do it myself sometimes.

we spend one hell of a lot of energy putting ourselves down.

i just wonder if black people, even ones who should know better, actually think of our selves as inferior to whites?

8. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

I don't think asians or whites are superior, I just think asians are more diciplined in many ways as a whole. Not that black people CAN'T be or some aren't, but as a whole I don't think we are as diciplined as asians are.

Now whites....no, we are definately not inferior. Whites just have a bigger head start and they schemed and oppressed their way to the top over all these years. Our problem is as a whole I don't think we have the confidence to be diciplined. It seems that a lot of brothas and sistas think they will amount to nothing no matter what, and I think that's where we fall off. It seems like whites and asians have it in their head that they are going to the top no matter what. We on the other hand seem to give up because we know we have a lot stacked against us. We lack confidence.

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    if white people and asian people had been put through the same stuff that black people have been through, would they still have confidence?

10. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

Nope

Anyone that is abused, oppressed, murdered, lynched, raped and descriminated against throughout years and years will start doubting themselves and their worth as human beings. It's not our fault that we have this problem, but we have to find a way to start believing in ourselves. I know, it's definately easier said than done.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black people who believe in white peoplr