Black Relationships : Do black women and men want to unite? Or are we just tired of each other?

Genasyss

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 7, 2003
Why have we adapted and settled for all the negativity in regards to our relationships to one another? Then turn around and complain and generalize each other? Then run to other races as if it's that's going to make it somehow better? Since when is expecting better from our men/women become more of a burden than asset? What the hell is going on?

Some of the problem is that we are being maneuvered to hate one another. In all the times I have visit the bookstore, I have never seen any maganizes covering issues such as Why White Women Date Black Men, White Men on the Down Low, etc. It is all about trying to divide and conquer us. Yeah, we have issues in the community but why are we the only ones being exploited?

Furthermore, we often cherrish these entertainers, athletes, etc who are not the best role models instead of our teachers, elders, etc. Just my 2 cents.

good points genasyss and nfant...

there are not too many people that can say that they watch under 10 hours of television a week...the reason why i say this is because this is the focal point of the mental conditioning that we have been receiving for the last 40 or so years...jim crow and slave masters are not needed any more because they are in our head...nowdays, brothers get snapped on after their girlfriend finishes watching a lifetime movie :lol:...until we stop trying to act like white folks and set up our own idenity, the fussing and fighting will continue...i've seen my parents seperate and i've seen my best friends parents seperate, living the american dream(which tends to be a nightmare for black folks)...this is only my humble opinion...
one love
khasm

btw...welcome genasyss, i hope you bring some more good topics like this to the table :)

Welcome Genasyss. :wave: To answer your question, for myself, yes I want to and will unite with a Black man and I'm a sister. I don't have any data to prove this but I want to believe that the majority of Black people want to unite with each other. I also believe that we're learning how to do that even though it might seem that we aren't. There is good that can come from things that are bad. For example, the music and television programs that we often criticize for creating problems in our community also has the same community talking about ways to improve the situation. If nothing else, it has US talking when we might have been silent in the past. I firmly believe that some Black men and women are desperate to be together and are determined to remove any obstacles that might prevent that from happening so that our community will be healthier and more productive.

But when does this commitment to each other start and where does it come from? Does it start when we meet a person? I think it starts when we first set eyes on that precious little Black newborn, if not when it's still in the womb. What you will harvest will be what you plant and nurture.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us Genasyss!

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back