Black Relationships : Do Black Females ALWAYS look to mate and create with the best PROVIDERS?

Why not? I would love to be in a relationship with a man who could financially bank roll my every dream and desire. And so would anyone. Am I? No. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want it

I think most women would but they don't because they know the backlash from the community/family would be too strong. This is most definitely true for the Asian & some white communities. In the black community, there is no fear of backlash. We bought into integration more than anybody else.

Ive seen people on both sides of that fence, but the one that stands out for me right now is one of my relatives. I'll give a brief description:

--married to this man for 17 years, two kids who are teens but under 16, has had to borrow more money than a little bit over the years to pay for things from clothes to rent, he always seems to somehow get fired from his jobs within one year(he's got a higher college degree), because of this he's had about six years, give or take a couple of months, worth of employment over this 17 year period (she actually tallied this up with me over the phone), and they recently lost their home and are staying with friends. She's been there for him all this time but is now wondering if she should stay or go, because she's starting to think he'll never change nor will their situation, and he is now over 50.

Now with all of the answers that's been said on this thread thus far, what do you think she should do? Be the continuing ever-faithful sista or pack it in and go it alone? Frankly, I don't know what to tell her except to go with her gut, but she's torn and confused. Matter of fact, I will tell her some of you all's comments on here and it may help her. I'll let you know.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back