Black People : Do any of yall shoot, hunt , or fish

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MississippiRed, Sep 21, 2004.

1. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Just a question , I love to shoot, hunt and fish and outside the South often find that I can hardly ever find other brothers or sisters that are into these three , was just wondering if any of the Family on here is into these country activities...

Mississippi Red

If it sits still long enough somebody in Mississippi will eat it :grin:

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    My father was into all those outdoors activities. Unfortunately when I became old enough to paticipate in hunting he became very sick and passed away. I can't say for sure if he would have considered taking me hunting with him because I am female, but somehow I just know he would have. After he passed it was never considered to go hunting again!:crying:

However we did go on a lot of fishing trips together. I never got to go with him out on the motor boat. Smh I was still to feminine and young. :rolleyes:

I always wanted to do outdoors things like camping out and stuff like that but never took the time out to get involved in it. It's great suvival tools that I feel everyone should have for that just in case situation. :D

3. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Thank you purplemoons that's pretty much my point exactly...shooting, hunting, fishing are great survival tools ...I'm sorry to hear about your Daddy I was raised hunting and such...started shooting at 6 killed my first squirrel at 8 and deer at 12 I always wanted to start my kids shooting and hunting but my wife aint' feeling it ...I still teach them gun safety and take them fishing and show them certain things in the woods that you can and can't eat ...my wife thinks I'm a nut but when things turn bad I'll still be here I think that as a people we need to be more open to these activities instead of looking at them as useless hobbies of an older generation.....If you or anybody else has any questions about any of the three activities or anything concering the outdoors holla at me I'm always glad to help....just like with the pits....

Mississippi Red

Lifetime member of MTAOT ( Mississippi Thugs Against Overnight Thugs)

As a sidebar I went fishing on Dumbarton bridge pier out here last Tuesday and caught 11 Leopard sharks and 2 Brown smoothhound sharks....(just blowing my own horn)

4. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    My uncle used to take me fishing when I was younger. He and his wife have a cabin out in Canada.. somewhere in the boonies. I have to ask my mom where. All I know is that it's far (to me).. probably about 2 hours from Winsdor.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I fish.....

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    MississippiRed

I'm a country blooded man, ( my mother and father are from Tennessee ) living in the city. When ever I visited the country. I really enjoyed myself. There is nothing like a river bank.

I fished many times in Tennessee. Hunted rabbits and small game. But we didn't use guns, traps were set. All the other chores of the farm was a great experience as well.

I still love fishing. It is my centering mechanism, when things are out of wack, when I really want to think things thru or the stress is building up. I take my kids fishing so they can gain patience.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Mississippi, I dig fishin', man - but'cha gotta clean that grade A crude off these jammies in New York before you can eat 'em, brotha(smile!) I used to catch crabs on Coney Island, and give 'em away, good brother(smile!) I wasn't 'bout to eat 'em myself... Whaaaaa!? Please!(smile!)

But fishing is mad relaxing, and so is just sitting in the woods waiting for a snake to crawl up and introduce him or herself... Hi! :uhoh: The hunting thing, however, I don't eat meat, and I could not take out an animal - unless it was a Pit Bull(just jokin'!) Yo, let's go fishin' down Destee's way, and brang her a POgey or two for duh younguns(smile!) You down, my brotha???! :cool:

Paz Y benediciones!
    Isaiah

8. diakonos

diakonos Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I fish from time to time. Here in North Khaka Lak, we catch a lot of bass, flounder, croker, blue etc. What kind of fish are you guys catching down there?

9. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Isaiah had to pull the pitbull card huh.... :lol: ....on the real though yeah man I'm down for that bruh....we can run some fishes down there fry em up with the hushpuppies and fries on the side...don't forget the bread....lol.. we'll get together and take the boat out run some jugs and trot lines ..fish with the poles in between......fishing is one of the most relaxing things I've ever done in life...hunting also though...sitting out there when the sun comes up and just at dusk dark it shows me just how small we are in the whole scheme of things....I love hunting man....deer, squirrel, rabbit, turkey, coon, possom, gator, man I even hunt snakes when I'm fishing around the river and such anyway...used to catch cottonmouths it was too fun....

Diakonos I got good potna of mine in N.C. around the Jacksonville area ....down where I'm from we used to catch bream, catfish, bass, striped bass, white bass, white perch, buffalo, gar, gaspar goo in freshwater and used to fish for shark, smokers, lemonfish, tripletail, flounder, spanish macks, jacks redfish and trout in the saltwater...out here in CA right now I'm on a kick to catch Leopard shark, smoothhound sharks, sevengill and am working on getting a sturgeon , and halibut this year.... Oh an at the house we gig them frogs too... and trap crawfish.....Country living at it's best....

Mississippi Red
    I take the country with me wherever I go....

10. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I don't like any of that stuff.

I went fishing once in life when I was 16. I used to live in Oklahoma and a bunch of my family members went fishing at Greasy Creek. Now really, with a name like that we shouldn't have tried to catch anything to eat at all.

I had somebody put a worm on my rod with a little fake bait too. I threw it in the creek and after about 5 minutes I felt something. Now...call me silly but I seriously thought it would be either a shoe or a croppy as that was all most everyone else was catching. But to my surprise I pulled out a BIG BLACK FISH...which was so ugly I started screaming. It turned out to be a catfish, but at the time, I'd never heard of those. That thing never did die, eventually someone had to beat it to kill it..and I swore I would never in life eat one...and I haven't.

I have never been fishing again either.