Black Spirituality Religion : Do All Black People Have Souls?

If it's possible to "sell your soul" then it must also be possible to "not have a soul." You don't have one because you've sold it. That's an interesting question to ponder Bro. Tyab14 because you know we hear about Black folks that have so-called "sold their soul" to the "Devil" all the time. They said that about Robert Johnson and even DMX.

And it's true that depends on how you define soul. I was watching some old 60's movie where White folks were dancing on the beach. With the volume down it looked like they were violently trying to attack each other but stopping in mid-stream. Which basically means there was no rhythm or melody whatsoever as far as how the dances where being conducted. You turn on "soul" train and turn down the volume, heck- you can practically tell what song is playing by how we move to it. For most Black folks that's soul. Not just rhythm, but the ability to synchronize ones self with the flow of life and music.

When I lived in harlem as child an old Woman used to come around in the summer time selling crabs in a brown paper bag. I remember sitting outside in the hot sun all day waiting for that Woman to show up. I'm not sure if it was her seasoning, the paper bag, the type or crabs she used, the summer heat, or perhaps it was everything in concert. But everyone called her the Soul Woman.

Some musicians believe it's the spaces between the notes that make the music. Soul for me has allot to do with space. Sometimes not just doing but "not doing" also makes a big difference- but it's about knowing when to do what- that's Soul.

If you are enter too logical or too intuitive you've lost the ability to know when to do what. Then you start looking like those White folks dancing on the beach, arms and hands flying every which a way. You're not intune with what's really happening...like cats with their whiskers cut off.

I'm not certain if "soul" itself is irretrievable for those who have lost it, sold it or compromised it- but it's clear we don't all have a soul- but again that is based on definition.

For some people "Soul" means you are as conscious of your spirit reality as you are of your physical reality. That soul is also your primordial self- connected to the source. Now that's a very hard standard to live by. It might also mean that there is some type of "soul learning" our people did in order to stay focused on that side of reality. Not keeping up with that soul learning, not returning to it- generations and generations later may also result in a - lost soul.

Excellent points brother Meta. And I was not joking about the "cant dance" remark. Or was I? lol!

Ever been with a Sister who couldnt "slow dance"? Only to then hit the floor with one who got you off? Big difference. Like you stated its not just rhythm but hw we move with it. The "flow". This isnt to say that someone who cant dance doesnt have any soul but without the "hustle and flow" well perhaps one is closer to being spiritually dead than they realize.

"What Profit a man or woman if they gain the world but lose their Soul?"

I think that a similar situation applies to folks who cant sing. Singing is basically the gift of Divine Utterance. This is one thing that the Black church most definitely has retained from African traditions. The hymn, chant, liturgy all forms of Divine Utterance. Of course this also involves rhythm and "flow" and what some jazz Fam of mine refer to as Harmolodics.

Why are some folks able to sing or play an insturment (the voice being the most Divine instrument of all) without a "fakebook" or book of hymns and others can improvise enough or pick up a tune almost instinctively? And this last point is the basis of my opinion on this.

Fakebooks. When I first started working as a musician the earliest band I was in during the late 70s had some serious personnel issues and it began with our drummer. He had gotten so addicted to smoking "sherm" and "angel dust" (ironic I know) that he started having problems during rehearsals hearing and at the time our music was kinda a cross between Miles Davis post B-Brew and The Clash meets Sun Ra. lol!

Ao lets forget about the Clash but consider what kind of folks during the 70s were into Miles Davis and Sun Ra. Both of their bands were heavy into electronics and at the time were considered "avante garde". Sun Ra's band was "all black" while Mile's was "multiethnic". Whose band actually created the most prolific jazz composers of this era? No doubt Miles. Shorter, Zawinul, Corea, Jarrett, and earlier Coltrane, Herbie H., Jack DeJohnette, Tony Williams. This is not to say that Sun Ra's band did not have soul. Quite the opposite. Ra was deep on so many levels and his group operated more as a Family and the Arkestr continued after Ra's passing.

So I personally use Miles and Sun Ra as a litmus test. The third part of this is Thelonious Monk who I styled my own piano playing after (along with Duke and Jelly Roll Morton.lol!)

Monk used to trip folks out because he also would dance to his compositions while playing and when other musicians in his bands were playing solos. Ornette Coleman once impressed me with a release entitled "Dancing In Your Head".

The thing is this. These Black, jazz musicians I mentioned had/have a mostly white following. I can be in the company of some "black" folks, throw on some Sun Ra and they will leave the room.

We know that Ra, as was Coltrane, communicated on a much higher frequency. These brothers were on a deep and haighly advanced spiritual level. Ra referred to himself as Brother from another Planet and his film spoke concerning black folks losing their souls (Space is the Place) and even spoke of the Mothership taking us away from this place to recapture our souls which were stolen by the slavemasters on this Earth.

If there are no physical bonds of slavery that still exist but there is mental bondage then one cannot be considered a free man or woman thus one has lost their soul. If one is trapped in physicality then they are not even close to reaching the actuality of the Etheric body, which manifests at the highest spiritual level. This is the meaning of the old cliche "Out of touch, out of mind".

Who can deny that the "crazy man" on the street sitting on a boxcart outside the local 7/11 talking to himself asking for loose change has on some level "lost his freaking mind"?

Some folks sem to think that we got "soul" just because of our complexion and white folks aint got soul because of their complexion. I dropped that kind of thinking exactly 30 years ago because my experience as a musician taught me otherwise. My recent experience in Atlanta only confirmed what I learned long ago. As I was on the brink of losing my own mind listening to other people telling me how I dont make "any sense at all" I had to look at that more carefully and consider the source.

The conclusion I came to is that some of the most "souless" Black people are those who outwardly seem the most spiritual. But they can be inwardly the most vain. The most shallow. And the coldest creatures walking on the face of this earth. And many have gotten involved with the church because they are missing somewhere down the line, often within their own Families. Some folks are branches broken off from their family tree only to fall on stony ground.

Thats why some can be considered "shapeshifters" just like a chamelion. They may appear to be black on the outside but are just cold hearted snakes who have no heart. And there is nothing worse than a snake who cant dance since that is a snake's form of mating ritual.

I was meditating on this yesterday. I’m going to draw this up ….

All Black people have souls. And I agree with Seneb that some Black people’s Energies have been repressed so deeply that they may appear to be soulless. I do not believe that devils (i.e. white folks) normally have souls. But sometimes they can, which would account for the ones with coolness-factor, but by in large, they are soulless and bestial. I also believe that souls reincarnate. Since devils never had souls in the first place, the only souls that can be reincarnated are Original ones. And Original souls have an affinity for Original bodies. We really need to come to grips with our inner power. If we did, collectively, we’d be unstoppable.

Peace

You say devils never had souls?
They have plenty of souls.
The turmoil that lyes within the spirit of that soul is proof.
Your soul is the seat of your emotions.

Peace & power

IMHO, ALL so-called Blacks have a soul. As stated earlier, they do not all function at the same capacity. Our "soul" (sun) is what differentiates us in so many ways from other than 9 ether's. It is that Sun inside of us that caused "them" to call one of our forms of art "soul-music".

Our "soul" (sun) may just be the reason we don't like the cold....

Melanin & the Ka are interelated and one does not exist without the other.....

just take a look at some on our Lingo......especially in Rap, even though they don't know what they are subconciously saying!!!

"yo, that was FIRE son (sun)"
"ayo son (Sun) that joint was HOT"
"yo bee, bless me with some of that HEAT"
"BLAZE dat Ni--a SUN"

"the Sun only seeks out to awaken the Sun in you"

does the "Sun have a mind........Why - Equality - Self or Savior

if you use you are definiton of "soul" then yes i would agree with that
i felt like you with the until i started taking a closer look

the word "soul" has meaning definitions

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soul

definition #5 says and i quote soul means "a human being; person."

so to answer tyab's question i felt we all have a soul good or bad

but Bro. O i'm definitely with you i do think people have lost their soul so to speak or are not using it right

i've thought this out thru over the years and i feel everyone has a soul but not

everyone uses it for the good of the human spirit

also i felt that spiritual is a polar event as well good/bad

you know (not talking to you per se) like people use the term good and bad

spirits meaning spiritual

hey i'm no expert i'm still learning

and i'm W I D E open right now

i want to learn it all

but from the divine source

not demented euro programming

now back to our regularly schedule program

lol:ghost:

Points taken but your definition number 5 is actually somethign Im taking into consideration here. A friend of mine who was a South African and former member of the Black Consiousnessness Movement used to tell me that Black people are not considered "human beings" or "persons" because we had been "dehumanized" and this is the basis again of my perspective.

If once argues that ALL Black people have souls then we deny the reality that some of us have been systematically de-humanized when at the same time there are those among us who identify as "victims" of "white supremacy". Agin, if one views or relates as a "victim" on a physical level to a lower form of thpugh/ideology, in this case "whtie supremacy" then this person or these people ahve not even begun LIVING because the first thing in LIVING is changing your perception then reality concerning your "de-humanized" condition.

Just like folks who claim to reach the level of "Ausar". Totally ridiculous when one part of the 14 was never re-constituted because it was castrated and thrown into the sea (metaphysically speaking) and the part cannot be reconstituted without the whole. On a deeper level I can then assert that none of us have reconstituted our souls because the collective body is still fragmented and lacking some, at least one, vital organ(s). Our "Manhood". Isnt this what folks complain about 24/7? No "good" Black "Men". This is in itself a form of self-mutilation and self-dehumanization.

In fact part of the problem here is wih the definition and conception of the "Soul" itself.

http://www.philae.nu/akhet/KaBa.html

Some children when they first develop the ability of Divine Utterance will say "Baba" which of course means "Father" or "dada. This comes from the concept of BA.

"It was also believed that the Ba could take on any form it chose and that it had to reunite with the deceased every night in order for the deceased person to live forever and become an Akh, an ancestor".

I have written beore concerning how oftentimes the birth of a child will precede or follow the passing of an elder family member. As the Ba develops within a child the passing of a living relative will then pass into the child and the child themselves become an Akh. This is to say while a child it is at the same time a living Ancestor. This being since the Ba can "take on any form it chooses".

If one's Ba can "take on any form it chooses" does one actually think that in this day and age that a "Ba" would only choose to manifest in the form of a "black" person?

Why would it it it can take on any form it chooses?

So this is my point. How can one truly have a "Soul" if any of the five parts that constitutes the Soul are missing?

These points I am making are only illustrative of how far many of us actually are from being "Soulful" because we may refer as "African", "Black", "Nubian", "kemetic" but not posess even the most elementary conception of SOUL and SELF.

I am going to go with a definition that Meta gave a long time ago, and also somewhat of what Darkside said when he talked about a primordial Sol.

The soul is likened to the sun, sol, it is raw energy, like a primordial orb, the quantum field that is an egg around the entire physical body, it holds in all fields, the emotional, etheric, etc. It's like a web and our physical bodies are animated unto it, so it permeates through the physical body to the quantum level. The spirit is the holographic self that the soul projects, the matrix web that our body's molecules are stuck too. A good visual, the soul is the projector, the body is the screen, the spirit is the light/images being projected.

How would it be possible to lose ones soul or sell the soul, being that it is that raw primordial energy? Does it mean giving your energy over to another being (white supremacy, lol!). Even then though, the souless individuals would never be able to acquire a soul, as one cannot really steal a soul, only vampire the energy of it, if that makes ANY sense at all. What I was saying I guess is, do all these black people have that primordial orb, or flame, or are some just "holograms" that only exist and are a product of this paradigm.

Makes me wonder, do some "souls" or entities live outside of human bodies (white or black). We talk about original bodies, but weren't earlier bodies half man-half something else, or aquatic? Wouldn't we then want to incarnate into some sea creature? Do souls incarnate as trees?

The soul is an interesting concept, and I am just trying to understand it. Its funny though because they say that most white people can be spiritual, but most cannot be soulful. What does that really mean? lol.

Just some thoughts.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back