Black Spirituality Religion : Do All Black People Have Souls?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by tyab14, Oct 14, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Me and my bruh were talking about this concept. He was saying how he had been noticed that most white people and other seemed souless, but also a certain amount of black people also didn't give him a vibe of actually being alive, well I can't really explain the concept, but hey..

I always wonder about things because people say that its always a small group of people that rise up and get through, or transform. Or this is not for everyone and may not ever be for everyone, as in not all people might not be participating in a certain project per se.

Just another thought, what yah'll think?

P.S. Its hard to put some things into words!

2. Seneb

Seneb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,187
    All black people have souls,some people have been so brainwashed or whitwashed that their souls is buried deep down.we would already kill all yt,if we don't have souls

3. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

THE CONCEPT OF THE SOUL(SUN) WHEN PLACE IN THE STELLAR CONCEPT WOULD BE SIRIUS B(THE HIDDEN SUN). NOW WITH THAT IN PLACE I CAN LOOK AT IT THIS WAY. THE ENTITIES THAT WAS IN PLACE BEFORE THE EXPLOSION OF THE COSMIC EGG. NOW DO I BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE "BLACK" PEOPLE WITH NO SOUL, YES I DO. BUT LIKE YOU TYAB IT IS HARD TO PUT IN A WORDING THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE FOR OTHERS.

DARKSIDE MAGICK ---- DEVOTEE OF THE SPIDER CULT

4. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    it depends on what you consider what a soul is

everyone has a base soul if you may

and souls like everything else in the universe comes in many shades
    many forms

a formless form if you may again

maybe your brother's definition of soul needs to be redefined

because you did start of by saying
    when you stuck concept in there that's when the parameters changed

according to your perspective

peace

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Good question.

I often play "Devil's advocate" so here goes another "off-the-Wall" perspective.

NO!

Not ALL "Black people" have Souls. "Soul" denotes spiritually LIVING. NOT Spiritually Dead. Some "black" people are walking zombies. Their life force has become non-existant. This is to say they are "inert" in the sense of being "neutral" or "lacking hue". They have become "colorless" or transformed into the "other" thus becoming non-Black.

This is to say, they done lost their soul. And most likely cant dance. lol!

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

As George Clinton said "They are Devoid of Funk". aka The "Doo Doo Squad".

:explode:

7. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    If it's possible to "sell your soul" then it must also be possible to "not have a soul." You don't have one because you've sold it. That's an interesting question to ponder Bro. Tyab14 because you know we hear about Black folks that have so-called "sold their soul" to the "Devil" all the time. They said that about Robert Johnson and even DMX.

And it's true that depends on how you define soul. I was watching some old 60's movie where White folks were dancing on the beach. With the volume down it looked like they were violently trying to attack each other but stopping in mid-stream. Which basically means there was no rhythm or melody whatsoever as far as how the dances where being conducted. You turn on "soul" train and turn down the volume, heck- you can practically tell what song is playing by how we move to it. For most Black folks that's soul. Not just rhythm, but the ability to synchronize ones self with the flow of life and music.

When I lived in harlem as child an old Woman used to come around in the summer time selling crabs in a brown paper bag. I remember sitting outside in the hot sun all day waiting for that Woman to show up. I'm not sure if it was her seasoning, the paper bag, the type or crabs she used, the summer heat, or perhaps it was everything in concert. But everyone called her the Soul Woman.

Some musicians believe it's the spaces between the notes that make the music. Soul for me has allot to do with space. Sometimes not just doing but "not doing" also makes a big difference- but it's about knowing when to do what- that's Soul.

If you are enter too logical or too intuitive you've lost the ability to know when to do what. Then you start looking like those White folks dancing on the beach, arms and hands flying every which a way. You're not intune with what's really happening...like cats with their whiskers cut off.

I'm not certain if "soul" itself is irretrievable for those who have lost it, sold it or compromised it- but it's clear we don't all have a soul- but again that is based on definition.

For some people "Soul" means you are as conscious of your spirit reality as you are of your physical reality. That soul is also your primordial self- connected to the source. Now that's a very hard standard to live by. It might also mean that there is some type of "soul learning" our people did in order to stay focused on that side of reality. Not keeping up with that soul learning, not returning to it- generations and generations later may also result in a - lost soul.

8. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Hmm I think everyone has a soul.
    The depth of that soul is yet to be determined.
    You can have a soul and not be in touch with it.

9. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    I was meditating on this yesterday. I’m going to draw this up ….

All Black people have souls. And I agree with Seneb that some Black people’s Energies have been repressed so deeply that they may appear to be soulless. I do not believe that devils (i.e. white folks) normally have souls. But sometimes they can, which would account for the ones with coolness-factor, but by in large, they are soulless and bestial. I also believe that souls reincarnate. Since devils never had souls in the first place, the only souls that can be reincarnated are Original ones. And Original souls have an affinity for Original bodies. We really need to come to grips with our inner power. If we did, collectively, we’d be unstoppable.

Peace

10. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    yes bro. O

if you use you are definiton of "soul" then yes i would agree with that
    i felt like you with the
    until i started taking a closer look

the word "soul" has meaning definitions

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/soul

definition #5 says and i quote soul means "a human being; person."

so to answer tyab's question i felt we all have a soul good or bad

but Bro. O i'm definitely with you i do think people have lost their soul so to speak or are not using it right

i've thought this out thru over the years and i feel everyone has a soul but not

everyone uses it for the good of the human spirit

also i felt that spiritual is a polar event as well good/bad

you know (not talking to you per se) like people use the term good and bad

spirits meaning spiritual

hey i'm no expert i'm still learning

and i'm W I D E open right now

i want to learn it all

but from the divine source

not demented euro programming

now back to our regularly schedule program

lol:ghost: