Black People : Do Africans fare better than African Americans in America?

Full Speed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 7, 2009
I was recently in a hospital in connection with my profession and while there, I met a sister who was a nurse there who had an accent that was obviously African. I asked her where she was from in Africa and she said that she was from Nigeria.

This meeting and subsequent converstion brought to mind the many native African that I have met in my travels across the United States at various hospitals who were nurses and in most cases, doctors. One doctor in particular was an ER doctor in a town very close to where I live who was from Kenya had a strong opinion that American Blacks did not take advantage of the opportunities available to us. He and I got to be fairly close associates as I would talk to him every two or three weeks outside our professional interactions.

My thought is that most all of the Africans that I know or have met are doing well, in responsible positions and seem to be productive people. I don't know a lot of native Africans so I am only speaking of a very limited number of people. Does anyone have any insight into this?

interesting points.

1 the African imigrant has the advantage, as do practicaly all imigrants, of an unbrocken and distinct culture;
now the culture determines, and stabilizes concepts and values about,
a. education
b. economics
c. family unit and extended family love and loyalty
d. motivation
e. self determination
f. colective effort and reciprocity for mutual progress and prosperity

and that was the second thing castrated from us after our freedom.
Now if you are aware of the Afrocentric movement of the 70s you will note that many where attaining that level and practically all of the children of families involved were intelectualy gifted and excelled in college and careers.
the Afrocentric movement although non violent andpeacful was atacked by COINTELPRO more vehemently then
movements that advocated armed rebellion and revolution, due to the simple fact of economics, you see unlike the African immigrants you see who seek to assimilate with whites,
the Afrocentrics desired to bhuild and uplift the Black community.
kep their skils and services there, and make the dolars do a 360 in the community,
which if such a value and cultural system were to catch on,
it would deprive white corporate America of bilions.

Here in NYC, in Brooklyn, there may be aproximatly 400,000 African imigrants from Senegal mostly, Guinea, Nigeria, Sudan and Nigeria.
Most are shop keepers, openiing businesses withfunds, not from banks,
but from traditional internal networks.

Now as far as African doctors lawyers, college profesors, actuaries, system analysts and clergy;
like the Jewish communiy, they feel they are a chosen group,
coming from certain very real castes within ther ethnic group, and then within that caste they are more then likely the wealthy to afford such an education based on African economic and living standards of the average citizen, also they more then likely have various political connections to escape the lack of human rights and freedoms in many nations there

Lets be clear, another question is, has any one asked the doctor, is there a lack of doctors in the area where he comes from and what are the condition and state of health services for the average citizen in their nation.

If one desires to know the condition of a people in general , what wisdom is there in enquiring to the elite?

That is kinda like asking a British imigrant of aristocratic pedigree and vested interests,
what his opinion is of poor WASPS in Arkansas

one can asume what the answer would be based on human nature

I know this may sound like a broken record,but the one's I know;had programs available to them due to being immigrants.

if africans were really doing well they would not have had to leave their native countries.

the africans we see here are the ones with the where with all to make the move, the "cream".
we never get to see the lower functioning africans.

if africans were really doing well they would not have had to leave their native countries
the africans we see here are the ones with the where with all to make the move, the "cream".
we never get to see the lower functioning africans.

I agree,they are flooding a section of Seattle, and many of them drive cabs. So when the term "fare better" is used, in regard to what?

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back