Black Poetry : DNA...

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by coey30, Dec 20, 2014.

1. coey30

coey30 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Aug 26, 2008
    Being able to find someone you click with so naturally is the best feeling ever. You feel like you’ve been best friends you’re whole life, it feels like you’re coming home. You’re so comfortable with them. Maybe that’s what a soulmate is. Not someone who shares every single thing in common with you, but someone who feels like home, I guess I just need… to find my way home.

This is not a love story, but it’s a story about love
    I guess like a manuscript or a blueprint to the type of love I’m in search of
    And I broaden my scope beyond just a few blocks
    Looking from city, to state, turning over every rock
    And she’s not just a girl, she’s the only evidence of God that I can find on this entire planet
    She’s loyal, and sticks to the script because that’s the way we planned it
    And were like magnets, where we are opposite and yet we still attract
    And she has the ability to create real magic by making things come back
    When seen together we are so sweet, we’d give cake diabetes
    And in arguments she has the skill to negotiate the most difficult peace treaties
    To love, for us is to undress our names
    And growth is inevitable but together we remain
    She’s like a good book cover that grabs your gaze
    Read me, I’m fun but smart, you won’t be able to put me down and you’ll be amazed
    And it’s true, the greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in
    Where you live in the begging and the middle because there is no end
    And my chest has been a cannon that I have used to take aim and shoot my heart upon this world
    In my past I have loved so much that everything else sounds like a lie and maybe she doesn't exist, this girl
    And if this nonexistence I find to be true
    The next line I will surely do
    Where if complete and utter chaos was lightning, then I’d be the sort to stand on a hilltop
    In a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting at the Gods, waiting for my heart to stop
    But I have not entirely let go of the notion that if I reach far enough with my thoughts I might find someone waiting
    That if two people were to cast their thoughts outward at the same moment they might somehow meet in the middle and end up dating.

If you show the person you love that you love them in more ways than one, in more than just three words, but instead in an entire language you've become fluent in, the alphabet the two of you have written together through the years will never die.