Black Entertainment : DMX-the next Malcolm X?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by conkreteTHUG13, Nov 7, 2001.

1. conkreteTHUG13

conkreteTHUG13 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i just learned about an interactive video game to DMX latest single-"Who We Be". I am really impressed with the social concioussness of this video, which is played frequently on BET and MTV, so I decided to check this game out. not only the graphics of the game impressing, but important statistics pop up every few seconds such as: "13% of Black males are not eligible to vote". DMX is a success because he is a consistently platinum selling artist that at the the same times keeps it real and stays true to himself, true to the streets and true to god (he includes a prayer track on every album). Now he is proving to be promoting social concioussness in the black community.
    Check out the game at: http://www.brilliantdigital.com/bde/channels/index.asp?partner=defjam&channel=dmx
    not only will you enjoy the graphics, the powerful lyrics and bangin beat of "Who We Be", but you will learn important facts about the oppression of Black America.
    holla back and tell me what you think

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Welcome ~ Welcome ~ Welcome

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Welcome ~ Welcome ~ Welcome

I have a feeling that I'm old enough to be your Mother, since I don't know a lot about the folk you are mentioning. Regardless of that, I'm glad you're here and want you to feel most welcome. Please continue to post and share whatever information, opinions, etc., you'd like.

Just make yourself at home.

ps ... I'm posting this same note to all the posts in this category. I've not been over here much and just want yall ta know ... you are welcome here. If you have any questions or concerns ... holla! :)

3. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    Good

Thanks for the link. Never been into DMX, but I was feeling the video and lyrics. Excellent video. Don't know about putting him up there with El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, though. I know next to nothing about DMX, but plenty about Brother Shabazz, and he went through quite a bit during his lifetime, to say the very least.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    well now DMX

he's all good but malcom X i think not !!!
    da video is all that he's da man his style
    and music is smoove...... i feel ya ...........:)