Brother AACOOLDRE : Django unchained

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Feb 5, 2013.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Django Unchained Time 1858

Movie Review

By Andre Austin

Two prominent black figures in America, Spike Lee and Minister Louis Farrakhan, oppose the movie Django. I was believing in their criticism until I heard a radio interview of Dick Gregory on Youtube. My Aunt gave me a bootleg copy on DVD and I the movie came, I saw and I was deeply impressed. Basically the movie was in the spirit of many of those 1970’s black action flicks where blacks got revenge on whity for the injustice afflicted upon a people of color.

The movie also has it funny, comedic moments when a white bounty hunter teams up with a former black slave to outwit the slave traders, fight promoters and outlaw white folks who suppress the black man and sexually exploit the black female.

Just like Jews who constantly remind the world of their holocaust in Hollywood, blacks have the right to tell their stories of their inhumane treatment in any format we pick. That applies to white and black directors.

Samuel Jackson plays the role of HNIC for his master Leonardo. Some people incorrectly assume Jackson plays the role of Uncle Tom from the book Uncle Tom Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe. He plays the role more like Sambo & Quimbo who kills Tom. Uncle Tom was a Christ like figure who refused to snitch on black slaves who ran away from beatings and wanted to unite with their families. Jackson in the movie made Jamie Fox (Django) pays 12 thousand dollars to buy back his wife. In the end Jackson cries out to Jesus to save him from dying in the big house from a fire to no avail. Jackson almost upstaged the movie from Jamie until he got baptized with the fire.

My only criticism of the movie is the lack of love scenes between Kerry Washington and Jamie Foxx. The movie ends with the two riding off in the night on horses. I would of like the ending with the two buying a house, Jamie having a job and raising a new born baby. That would have been a better happy ever after ending.

For those that oppose the show please drop the haterade and all that unnecessary bellyaching. Listen to no one and go and be the judge for yourself.

2. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    UNCLE TOM vs. SAMBO & Quimbo
    By Andre Austin
    Sambo is anyone who snitches informs or selling out his race
    The novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin was a part of the ammunition that led to the Civil War. Now through an elaborate mischaracterization the term Uncle Tom is now a negative term towards black men. In the book Uncle Tom:

1. Helps a sick black slave with her cotton bag
    2. Refuses to snitch on runaway slaves
    3. Helps saves a drowning white child
    4. Made into Christ figure by being whipped to death by two black Sambo’s

The term Uncle tom is not appropriate label for someone who is white on the inside and black on the outside and sells out his race by placing his personal gains with whites ahead of the rights and gains of his people. The real villain was another black slave named Sambo. Sambo was childlike and musical and totally committed to the white master and used every opportunity to undermine the other slaves.

Sambo, in many respects, was like today’s black conservatives church leaders, music and sports, entertainment figures. The Sambo character personified a very successful social control created by conservatives. Blacks will rise when we learn who helps and who hurts the race. Sambo was the black slave character in numerous novels and movies who was willing to pick up a weapon and defend his master against the approaching union army or hide the masters sliver from northern carpetbaggers. What is the difference between the fictional Sambo characters and today’s real-life blacks who join the conservative movement to argue against affirmative action, black reparations and set-asides. They declare that the world is now color blind, and are opposed to any policies requiring whites to share the socioeconomic burden that centuries of slavery and second class citizenship have imposed on blacks.
    Isn’t espousing a color-blind race-neutral, melting pot society, a modern way of hiding the master’s silver and gold? What are black conservatives conserving when black America is burdened by poverty, crime, unemployment, homelessness and other social pathologies.
    Now in our upside civilization the villains are the ones trying to help and family and race and the hero is black Sambo who makes an alliance with whites for individual help at the expense of Black community progress. Blacks must seek out self-empowerment and self-determination. The opposite of self-independent economic growth is the Sambo route of looking to access white power holders for a share of their power. Unity and group power is the best ingredient for black progress.
    Conclusion:
    In the end may we pray that the black conservatives will see the light of the self-destruction they creating instead of self-empowerment. Even Sambo and Quimbo in Uncle Tom’s Cabin eventually saw the evil of their ways “He’s most gone, Mas’r, said Sambo. “Oh, Tom” said Quimbo, we been awful wicked to ye. Will Clarence Thomas and other Sambo’s like him see the light of the evil ways?

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Excellent points especially in regards to the confusion concerning the distinction between Uncle Tom and Sambo.

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928

I think Sam played his role a lil too good, but thats me.:D

You see I thought it was the right amount. I thought it was a nice break from the same ol wore out formula that has permeated movies for decades.

Burh you are asking for a bit much..:cool:
    Peace!

5. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
    I didn't like Django's lack of co-operation with the other slaves and his seemingly indifferent attitude toward them.