Black Entertainment : Divorce Court seeks to balance out this seasons overly negative showing of black men.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
The characters this season are even more contrived than usual.. so much so that the Judge appears to struggle at times with the ridiculousness. The timing of this episode seems to be aimed at balancing out the misrepresentation of black men..

but does it really?.. .

The characters this season are even more contrived than usual.. so much so that the Judge appears to struggle at times with the ridiculousness. The timing of this episode seems to be aimed at balancing out the misrepresentation of black men..

but does it really?.. .

Good episode. It had a lot of positive reflective ( thoughtful ) elements and it had a few bad ones too.

The judge was right he had a good frame of mind. He appeared to be a decent brother with positive attributes towards business success. What he lacked was he didn't have the skill set to juggle the dynamics of her child in the mix, he was totally business focused and something was missing in his formula for success.

His girlfriend had vices but we all do. Hers were not something that couldn't be worked thru. she had ambition. Her having a child at a young age focused her on material things. Her focus on relationships was missing to in her formula. The problem I saw in the whole thing is neither had stake in a relationship to build a future together, marriage would not have necessarily fixed this but who knows?

What does it take to have a good relationship? In not knowing. Couples will and make bad choices, decisions, and not be considerate of each other. Changing to be healthier or because what you may be doing is unhealthy and the person asking for that change is truly expressing concern ( not criticizing ) is a good reason to change or seriously consider adjusting behavior.

The show showed this brother working positively towards growth, concerned for the welfare of the children, but he also displayed he wasn't getting the attention when it existed, and that her son interrupted the adults communicating or relating more than he felt a six year old should have.

I have to watch again, but he didn't have children I believe, and obviously lacks knowing the dynamics of a child and mother, when a new man other than the biological father is introduced. The child has and feels a loss of being ( #1 ) first place and will interrupt and need more attention.

The timing of this episode seems to be aimed at balancing out the misrepresentation of black men..
  • Please outline better what the misrepresentation of black men actually is so it can be better discussed. I not sure what the misrepresentation is related to?
  • I like the show and Judge Lynn she has admirable intelligence and seems to be on point with her findings and what she sees as the problem. She is very astute.
The characters this season are even more contrived than usual
  • Do you really believe the show is staged and the litigants are contrived and all of them fake?
The misrepresentation of black men in society is a concern? Why has it been/ Who created the misconception and the perceptions that exist?
Attitude changes are in each individuals hands.

PERCEPTION IS REALITY!!!
Somebody's reality!​

HODEE said:
Do you really believe the show is staged and the litigants are contrived and all of them fake?
I do agree with the statement highlighted below. That is common with all of the TV shows.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...business-of-black-conflict.74930/#post-783444
I have always watched anything related to Law and/or Investigation.. going back to childhood and Perry Mason.. and Columbo up to Law and Order and Court Tv.. Peoples Court.. Joe Brown.. etc... I watched Divorce court from time to time but I recognized the element of entertainment in it very early on.. so it was the same as Perry Mason.. or Columbo.. or any of the other fiction shows.. and that's OK because I recognize that.. But I also recognize that their are very many others who do not recognize that these are fictional shows that feature a kind of improvisation around some truths.. and so the producers pick the kinds of litigants that provide the most entertaining story and then push and prod and edit their segment into a "show". So when you see the theme of black male irresponsibility again and again.. show after show.. you might begin to take the attitude that that is the reality.. when in fact, it is only the reality created by the Producers of these shows.

:bs: They all made multi-millions and Oprah made billions bashing men. They aren't going to deviate from the formula.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back