Black Entertainment : Divorce Court seeks to balance out this seasons overly negative showing of black men.

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by skuderjaymes, Sep 29, 2014.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    The characters this season are even more contrived than usual.. so much so that the Judge appears to struggle at times with the ridiculousness. The timing of this episode seems to be aimed at balancing out the misrepresentation of black men..

but does it really?.. .

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795

• Please outline better what the misrepresentation of black men actually is so it can be better discussed. I not sure what the misrepresentation is related to?
    • I like the show and Judge Lynn she has admirable intelligence and seems to be on point with her findings and what she sees as the problem. She is very astute.

• Do you really believe the show is staged and the litigants are contrived and all of them fake?
    Somebody's reality!​

3. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  4. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    I do agree with the statement highlighted below. That is common with all of the TV shows.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...business-of-black-conflict.74930/#post-783444
    I have always watched anything related to Law and/or Investigation.. going back to childhood and Perry Mason.. and Columbo up to Law and Order and Court Tv.. Peoples Court.. Joe Brown.. etc... I watched Divorce court from time to time but I recognized the element of entertainment in it very early on.. so it was the same as Perry Mason.. or Columbo.. or any of the other fiction shows.. and that's OK because I recognize that.. But I also recognize that their are very many others who do not recognize that these are fictional shows that feature a kind of improvisation around some truths.. and so the producers pick the kinds of litigants that provide the most entertaining story and then push and prod and edit their segment into a "show". So when you see the theme of black male irresponsibility again and again.. show after show.. you might begin to take the attitude that that is the reality.. when in fact, it is only the reality created by the Producers of these shows.

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127
    :bs: They all made multi-millions and Oprah made billions bashing men. They aren't going to deviate from the formula.

6. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    lol! No, it doesn't balance out, it just makes us look even more exploited. The girl was too young, in my opinion, to even know that she was walking into a set up. The young man, in my opinion, went into a marriage with no one to counsel him or help him see the full picture. This system plays us against each other gender wise and it's so disgusting. Black men are exploited to throw down the Black woman or make us look like we are undeserving of Black men, and Black women are exploited to set up Black men to be disrespecting to us and absent fathers. It's sad. It seems so obvious to me that young man is just as much at fault as that girl because, he went into a marriage unequally yoked and had too high of an expectation for that young girl. He has never been married and had no children. Wow! Meanwhile, in my opinion, that girl seemed like she was living a life in overload.

To be so young and with two children is a lot. Then she went into another relationship, worked two or three jobs, and still wanted to experience being a woman involved in a relationship. That's not something she should be thrown down for wanting, but where was her help, her mother, or somebody...she needed to be able to depend on a mother, father, sister to help her with her children and not feel that she had to find another man to play-role the role that her children's father bailed out on. She attacked that man instead of other more responsible people who failed her and that were out of her grasp. She was working two and three jobs and mad at him, for what!? Who was keeping her children while she worked? Who was helping them with their homework and getting into bed? The Black woman [mother] is forced to go out to work and if we try and stay home to guide our children, we are attacked for that too. We are da***d if we do and da***d if we don't. Meanwhile black children are getting the full impact of this drama.

This show is depressing and everynow and then, I will watch it and shake my head. This couple were both railroaded like so many other young Black people have been. Their relationship was headed for destruction before they even began it, and this show just mocks.