Black Relationships : Divine Marriage:Reclaiming African Love

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by HezekiahBenYHWH, Jul 1, 2003.

1. HezekiahBenYHWH

HezekiahBenYHWH Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I've read alot of the sisters' post and they are largely about heartache and problems in relationships have any of you sisters considered Polygany? of course not first lets dive into today's world view. We all are Africans some of you call yourselves African Americans but we are all connected to Africa you sisters say a good man is hard to find and when you find him he is taken but let us consider If a man has been "taken" he is supposedly off the market but a man who doesn't tell you he has a women but you have strong feelings that he does is acceptable.the Black women of today will settle for a man as long as his other life doesn't interfere with theirs which is so incorrect. God since the days of Abraham has established Divine Marriage where a man and Women are first married to the creator and then given to each other with this union they give birth to Righteous children now a women in this world searching for a man may marry this same brother on her own consent no booty calls creeping around the streets catching diseases simple allowing the two sisters to get acquainted and establishing a righteous family.A man's desire for more than one women isn't always immoral as you can see that in the Bible this was practised and in the world it is still practised so Black sisters consider and be open to a righteous brother. They say his love for more than on ewomen is just about sex and ego which is so incorrect because it would be alot easier for a brother to tell his girl hes leaving to go to the ball game and head to his girl on the side than to take care of her financially emotionally and spiritually Consider

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hezekiah, I have to think about this for a minute longer than usual, but I do intend to come back and give you a response! :D

Hmmmmm...

3. Girlchild

Girlchild Member MEMBER

healthcare
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I correct in my understanding that you are advocating polygamy?

4. HezekiahBenYHWH

Ratings:
    +0
    polygyny yes

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    "Polygyny is a marital practice in which a man has more than one wife simultaneously. This is the usual form of polygamy. The man may marry more than one woman at the same time, or marry one or more other women while he is already married. The opposite form—polyandry—where a woman has more than one husband simultaneously, is much less common.

The term "polygyny" is also used to refer more generally to a male breeding with more than one female. In social insects this refers to colonies having multiple queens."

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygyny

The following is a definition/description that I found quite interesting on the topic of polygyny:

"Polygyny, where one male mates with more than one female while each female mates with only one male, is thought to be the fundamental mating system of animals. The reason is straightforward. By definition, the sex that produces the larger reproductive cells (eggs) is the female, and the one that produces the smaller (sperm) is the male. Males therefore make a smaller investment in the embryos that result from the fusion of egg and sperm cells. The difference is especially pronounced in birds, since the sperm is microscopic and the egg (relatively) gigantic. The male thus puts proportionately little effort into any single embryo, while the female has a great stake in each one, since she can produce relatively few eggs in her lifetime. Females must therefore exercise care in choosing the fathers of their limited number of young. It would seem, in contrast, that male birds should be much less choosy and attempt to have as many mates as possible, since evolution favors behavior that leads to leaving a maximum number of offspring. A male that mates with a weak or otherwise unfit female loses a small part of his reproductive potential; a female making a similar mistake may sacrifice all or almost all of hers."

http://www.stanfordalumni.org/birdsite/text/essays/Polygyny.html

Hezekiah, thank you for raising this interesting perspective. I have several comments and a few questions in response.

First, surely you know that living in a society where laws prohibit polygamous relationships (marriages) must be adhered to or one will suffer the legal consequences. Therefore, it takes more than just considering polygyny as a viable alternative unless one relocates to a society where such behavior is permissible and legal.

Second, as you read through the various threads and comments by women, was it your conclusion that the majority of them were complaining about men being unfaithful to them with other women or them being unhappy in their relationships for other reasons?

I'm trying to grasp an understanding of why you think polygyny would be a benefit to women and how it will solve problems that women might be expressing here.

Are you proposing that it will eliminate the practice of "cheating" by men?

Do you honestly believe that women don't (wouldn't) mind sharing a man or is that a myth or example of how women living in a male-dominant society are oppressed?

Among the animal species, the descriptions above make sense. They almost seem logical to some degree when it comes to humans. But I'm curious as to how women who live or have been raised in polygamous societies genuinely feel about those relationships?

Most animals have specific mating seasons which means the males don't have to perform often over a long period of time. Ont he other hand, humans mate year-round. I suspect it's true that most men might be capable of rising to the occasion and satisfy many women sexually. But realistically speaking, (and I ask this because I honestly don't know the answer), can men stand up to the demand of satisfying more than one wife for a sustained period of time?

I would think that along with polygyny would come some other forms of social behavioral changes that many women won't want to put up with. For example, if the decision to have sex was only determined by the man, then I would have somewhat of a problem with that. But the man might need to enforce that "rule" for the simple reason that he knows he can't have sex every day and certainly not several times a day over a long period of time.

You use religion as a foundation for your opinion. Americans have the freedom to practice or not practice any religion they choose. Not all religions promote polygyny as a marital choice. What happens in this situation? When you frame your opinion around reclaiming African love, are you suggesting that African love was practiced the same way throughout the continent?

Please expand on what you see as benefits of polygyny to the modern man and woman.

Peace.

6. HezekiahBenYHWH

Ratings:
    +0
    When I spoke of African love I was referring to a large majority of Ancient and present day Africans practicing polygyny,and not to mention African Americans for polygyny is practised in 3/4's of the world, I brought up the topic for women to consider,For Polygyny is much more ancient than I,instead of me twisting words maybe not explaining thorough enough I would like you queen to look up "Patricia Dixon-We want for our sisters what we want for ourselves" a women who has researched on polygyny

To the question about could a man provide or satisfy a women other than sexually I would like you to research " The Kingdom of Yah-African Hebrew Israelites" a group of 2500 former African Americans who now live in Israel Northeastern Africa who practice polygyny and have plenty of information to understand how the Black Man and woman of America could/should handle this.

Another thing....
    This is not coming from any religion for I am not religious simply Righteous,sister search those topics on yahoo and please get back to me you are Blessed

Selah